Ceramic DM FAQ for Fiction

BSF

Explorer
Barendd, I got your story title editted in.

Anybody else?

Hey, does anybody have any other thoughts on FAQs that we ought to throw into the thread? Contest rules? Anything? When the next Ceramic DM starts, I am hoping this thread will make it a little easier to explain the game for the new folks that are interested.

BSF

Explorer
OK, I just finished updating the storylinks to accomodate the changes in directory structure for the server move. So all the stories should link correctly once again. If you notice a bad link PM me or post to the thread.

Now I just need to cross-link the missing stories/contests.

Eeralai

First Post
Typos

I know you are looking at putting some changes into the FAQ, and I wanted to add that maybe something about typos should be said. A friend of mine pointed out that typos /misspellings/bad grammar are mentioned in several of the judgements, but it is never really said how it affects the judgements. Could this be looked into?

BSF

Explorer
Things to add to the FAQ:
  • Judging times - Setting expectations
  • Typos/Spelling Errors/Grammar
  • How & where to post your story
  • Best practices on annotating your pictures
  • Specatator Commentary - How to "spoiler"
  • No pictures as pictures!
What else do I need to add?

Edited to add picture use

Last edited:

Meowzebub

First Post
BSF, the FAQ talks about including the pictures in the story, but perhaps there needs to be a specific paragraph to highlight the importance of proper picture use. I know one instance that just came up this round was using the image as a photograph or painting in the story. THis is a big no-no, but is not spelled out that way in the FAQ. Long-timers know this, but newbies can get tripped up on this. There might be other pointers that I am unaware of?

BSF

Explorer
Ceramic DM Spring 2005 Signups

Hey folks!
I have moved into the new house and have my broadband connection all setup and ready to go. I am finally ready to kick off the next Ceramic DM. The sign-up thread is posted in General RPG Discussion. Stop by and sign up!

maxfieldjadenfox

First Post
I wish I had read this first, it answered a lot of questions I had about how the site and the contest work! Thanks, bardstephenfox... Hey, I noticed my friend Thorod Ashstaff wasn't listed in those who had posted stories in the past... You said you wanted to know who you might have missed...

Remove ads