• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4e][Paragon] Kombat Kraziness (closed)

Victim

First Post
The trigger for Wrong Step is "adjacent enemy shifts or moves" so Belkar can't use it regardless of how teleporting works. He could have used in round 1, when the wizard first tried to shift away. Also, while teleport is a type of movement, I think it'd have to be specifically called out by the power - just like how shifting is mentioned.

I think Jack needs to take his ongoing damage - you take ongoing damage at the beginning of one's turn, and save for it at the end. Unless that was subtracted from his HP already.

I think Lasra goes before Gharrash, so he should be undominated on his action.

Victim

First Post
You moved up and attacked in round one. He shifted away on his turn before doing his stuff. Then last round you used a sunrod instead of attacking or moving, so you never caught up.

Walking Dad

First Post
Thanks, I understand. I must have missed it's move action the other round.

Question: If I use two shift one actions, can I shift one on difficult terrain? Paying the extra square cost with a second action?

Victim

First Post
I don't know. If you spent two move action to shift one, that should work, I think. But I'm not sure how'd that interact with a power to shift.

But you could just move closer normally. Only a creature with threatening reach would be able to OA you closing in; most monsters only have normal reach.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Hey, thanks for the save. At least someone can around here besides Graff can roll a bloody ten or better.

Graff, you'll let me know when it's my turn, yes? ;)

Graf

Explorer
The aboleth does not have threatening reach.
4e policy is that you know about "gotcha" powers.

I'm behind in a lot of stuff but I'll get updated as soon as I can.

yeah, putting "who's up" in the thread title is my new hobby.

Graf

Explorer
Gerold gets a AO against the Aboleth if it moves, right? Just attacking Jack doesn't trigger anything and it didn't move to attack Jack.

Should anyone feel like making a perception check on the Eye as a minor action.

Please note that anyone can make arcana checks untrained and you all have a minimum of +8 (level bonus).

[sblock=Perception DC 27 (25 if you're within 10 squares=Belkar)]

SUCCESS: The pulsing Eye of the Great One is an oblong object, hovering freely inside the ring that tops the staff. It alternates between white and black and colors that seem to draw forth hideous images unbidden in your mind. A purple becomes a bruise on the face of a loved one, a green becomes gangrene on a limb to be severed.

The staff itself is about 7 feet long, carved of a black otherworldy stone and covered completely in carvings and script. At the top it splits into two thin stalks that curve around the eye in a twisted ring.

Allows Arcana check as free action
[sblock=Arcana 15 = common knowledge] Artifacts are indestructible. Attacking the eye itself is not a good idea. Attacking the staff is probably your best bet.
EFFECT: DC for attack roll reduced[/sblock]
[sblock=Arcana 25]
You recall Z'nasrha saying
The eye itself is indestructible, but even N'haraz can not call upon it's power if it is not in the proper setting.
Hmmm. Yes. The staff itself is a manipulator, if Giddis's "Theorem of Non-Transferant Indestructibility" is correct then the staff will be vulnerable to damage.

If Xlix the Unbowed was correct in his famous "Unspoken Speach" the only way to hold the Eye in that position and still access its power will be polarity runes.

Given the staff's head shape you think that three good strikes should be enough to damage the polarity field.
EFFECT: You know how many successes are needed. [/sblock]

[sblock=Arcana 30]
Yes, you can make out the inverted dimensionality rune's locations, right around the head in a classic cascade pattern. Despite the staff's solid construction they should be quite sensitive.
EFFECT: DC for attack roll reduced further
[/sblock]
ARCANA FAIL: No retry unless trained. Otherwise retry once (minor action).

[/sblock]PERCEPTION FAIL: Can retry again as a minor (no limit).

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
Since Lukalos is a tiefling, he gets the Bloodhunt ability to gain a bonus against bloodied targets.

Combat Challenge lets a fighter attack a marked target if it attacks someone else as an II. It also works against shifting, so I guess another fighter's Come and Get It could also trigger the ability.

Graf

Explorer
I remember CC triggering an AO if being if they shift or move; not if they attack.

I'm right up against my time to post today. I'll see if I can get it worked out. If not I'll deal with it in the morning.

Remove ads