Ed Greenwood Presents Elminster's Forgotten Realms - A Dungeons & Dragons Supplement

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The Forgotten Realms is the most successful and widely known Dungeons & Dragons campaign setting ever created, and it owes its existence to creator Ed Greenwood. This 160-page hardcover book describes the campaign setting as it lives and breathes in the imagination of its creator. Through the alter ego of Elminster, Archmage of Shadowdale, Ed Greenwood presents the Realms as a setting where companies of crazed adventurers are born and have rich lives, and where they get to call the shots.

In this book, Ed presents a world where friendships are forged, endless intrigues unfold, and heroes wage war against the monstrous inhabitants of famous dungeons and untamed wildernesses (MSRP: $39.95).

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 335

Mercurius

Legend
I just got this today and without having more than cursorily browsed through it, I have two impressions: One, I was a bit surprised in that I thought it was going to be more akin to a campaign setting book. It isn't, as far as I can tell, but more of a compilation of "Realmslore." Two, awesome book. I wish RPG companies would produce more books like this - chock full of useful, interesting fluff - just a fun read on its own.

My only gripe (so far) is that I would have liked to see more maps and such of what the Realms looks like in Greenwood's campaign. I want to know what his Realms looks like compared to the various iterations as published by TSR and WotC. What nations were pasted on by others? (I know Moonshae and the Bloodstone lands, but what else?). Etc.

Anyhow, all tolled this is an awesome book - especially for the ~$19 I got it for on Amazon.

Agamon

Adventurer
Yep, mine should be arriving shortly. Looking forward to it. I agree with Mercurius, more books like this one, please!

Remove ads