Tiger: 32dmg, dead
Druid: 49 dmg; Unconscious & Dying
CK1: 24 dmg;  Unconscious & Dying
CK2: 29 dmg;  Unconscious & Dying
CK3: 28 dmg; Unconscious & Dying
CK4: 25 dmg; Unconscious & Dying
[/sblock]
GM: Awards 3600XP (600each)
GM: Hmmm, maybe we should wrap it up. Cythera and Veniarus are finished with their thing today.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
With the druid taken out you have a short breather before more ape-men will rally forth. Their champion is still locked in mortal combat with the golem.

GM: Well, some things have changed since I got involved. First I had not known there were only three players left, and one of them is Mowgli's character. So that only leaves two that can go on jkasen's adventure.

But Dagger's at Midnight needs to recruit too. There is no one waiting except Veniarus and Cythera. If a Judge approves Systole's adventure, Cythera is good to go. Veniarus can go to Daggers at Midnight for an encounter or two.

Kalinn has nowhere to go except Systole's adventure when you are done.

So? Timing wise, maybe finishing up here when Daggers at Midnight is ending is better. Then there will be a few more players available for jkasen's adventure.

Since galahad0430 might not be ready, let's keep going. Keep your actions to 1-2 rounds worth please. If you move, give me grid coordinates. I will update he map on my next update.

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra takes the short break to take a small breather. The wounds from the tiger have finally stopped, and his next thought was of his companion, and where he went "SHADOW?!"

When the wolf's bark could be heard, Aradra was relived. He still was not used to ordering the wolf, but hopefully that will come with experience.

Getting ready again, he looks at Syldar and asks "Hows it going over with Mr. Tall And Ugly?"

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
The two giant champions are still bashing away at each other.

GM: I have not heard from Galahad0430 yet, nor do we have results on the situation of Crypt of the Everflame discussion.

I need actions for the NPC's characters too, even if you are not role-playing them.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: I posted this in the Adventure Review thread in the forum, but we'll be wrapping Crypt after the current fight. It'd be anticlimactic to wade through several weeks worth of mop up. We could do it in a week, but I'll put it at more like two before we get through the RP at the end (back to town can be worked quickly, but there's a little interaction to be done with the townsfolk).

I'm about to head out for the evening, but I'll get something posted for Markas tomorrow.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
There is a great sound of ripping metal as the golem loses an arm. However the construct gains an opening and runs the jagged stump into the four-armed ape-man champion. With a mighty crash the two champions fall to the ground locked in a embrace of death.

A last ditch effort on the ape-men's part is repelled as the they stupidly throw themselves at the walls in an attempt overrun the tired defenders. but this wave of practically suicidal berserkers are dispatched by the brave defenders.

Without effective leadership, the final wave breaks and the remnants scatter and flee into the jungle.

The quiet in the aftermath gives the excavation site its first relative peace in 10 months. With most of the camp either wounded or sick, Dias fears she may have to bury the site and take the key with her back to civilization.

GM: Going to wrap it up since we are doing the same with Crypt of the Everflame.

I think this last battle will just be used to justify all of your TBX earned lately and conclude the combat encounters. Without Galahad0430, I am not quite sure how this plot wraps up, so forgive me if doesn't jive with what you expect. I have the original adventure and his proposal, so I will muddle through.

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
After pushing back the raid, Aradra goes and retrieves Shadow from the tangled mess of weeds. Shadow bit Aradra's hand for leaving him behind, and would not listen to him once freed. Aradra's attempt to call the wolf back did not work, and for now Shadow was wondering among the dead ape man, sniffing and looking for any still alive.

Aradra assists the rest of the guardsmen with gathering up the bodies of the fallen, taking from the downed apeman anything that looked like it could be used for value. And to make sure their champion is really dead, Aradra heads over towards the resting spot of the two fallen champions, examining the body.

Mandalo assists with healing the injured as best he can, trying to help the party first. He then goes over towards the commander Dias and asks "If you wish to return, we should leave with some haste. We must get the injured to a safer place to rest up."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Markas lends his great strength to the clean-up efforts, moving bodies and debris with a will.

Frost feels the battle madness slip from her as the last foe falls and sags into the weariness she always feels when the spirits of her ancestors leave her. However, she knows from long experience that this fatigue will be temporary; she pushes on through to lend her own aid to the tidying up.

As the two of them work, they methodically strip the bodies they encounter of any valuables that could prove useful - to them or to the camps survivors.

Remove ads