D&D 5E How to Deal Uber Damage

Keep this thread going, it is helping me write the house rules for my future games. Adjustments I plan to make so far:

House Rules for Classes

Rogue (Arcane Trickster)
For the purposes of Sneak Attack, Cantrips are counted as Ranged Weapon attacks if they require an attack roll to hit.

Multiclass House Rules:

In order to multiclass you must meet the stat requirements for ALL classes you possess.

Fighter Action Surge Feature: Only allows for attacks/actions granted by the fighter class and the attached archtypes.

Sorcerer Metamagic Feature: This feature only functions on spells from the base Sorcerer Spell List.

Altered Feat List:

Great Weapon Master
(Second feature is replaced as below)
* Once per Turn you may make a melee heavy weapon attack with a -5 penalty to hit. If the attack hits, it deals an extra +10 damage

Sharpshooter
(Third feature is replaced as below)
* Once per Turn you may make a ranged weapon attack with a -5 penalty to hit. If the attack hits, it deals an extra +10 damage

Last edited:

Sascha

First Post
Action surge. You cast 4 eldritch blast rays as an action, action surge to cast another 4 and quicken another 4 so you are dealing 12d10+50+12d6 damage to a dingle target. It gets worse depending on DM calls as you can in theory add metamagic ontop evry single one of those spells (just not that same spell) so you could in theory maybe get up to around 20d10+100+20d6 damage YMMV.

On your first round this is the numbers, because you need to use your Bonus action to cast the Hex Spell. On the Second you cast a very damage nova:

you attack you can cast EB as you action, you can repeat the casting of EB with the Quickened Spell, and then, uses your Second use of action surge to repeat the attacks.
So:
(Cha 20+5 + Hex Spell cast on the round after)
Action: cast EB
Bonus action: cast Quickened EB
Action surge (A.S.): one action more
A.S. action: cast another EB
A.S. Bonus action: cast another more EB

Total: 4 EB Spells cast for a number of 4x4=16 EB beams, so 16d10+16d6+80 damage to a single target

but, I don´t understand this:
"It gets worse depending on DM calls as you can in theory add metamagic ontop evry single one of those spells (just not that same spell) so you could in theory maybe get up to around 20d10+100+20d6 damage"

Can explain me what do you mean!? because you can´t add any Metamagic except "Empowered spell".

Sascha

First Post
My Rogue Ranger lv 1-3

I have a Character lv 4.
He is a Wood Elf (Dex 16) Rogue lv 1 Ranger lv 3 with the Archetype of Hunter Conclave from Unearthed Arcana - Revised Ranger. I take Colossus Slayer and have Humanoids as Favored Enemy (+2 to damage)
I have long bow and two short swords. My attack routine (vs Humanoids) is:

Sneak Att - S.A.
Colossus Slayer - C.S.
Hunter´s Mark - H.M.

1st round:
Action: fire my L. bow: +5 to hit and 1d8+1d6(S.A.)+5 damage (+5 from +3 Dex mod +2 Fav. Enemy)
Bonus Action: cast Hunter´s Mark
2nd round:
Two options:
1.- Remain at distance and fire my bow for 1d8+1d8(C.S.)+1d6(S.A.)+1d6(H.M.)+5 damage
or
2.- Melee attack with my twin short swords for 1d6+1d6(S.A.)+1d6(H.M.)+5 (+) 1d6+1d8(C.S.)+1d6(H.M.)+5

Please give me your opinión

Arial Black

Adventurer

I must point out that Action Surge gives you another action, but it does not give you another bonus action!

WarpedAcorn

First Post
So:
(Cha 20+5 + Hex Spell cast on the round after)

Just a note, Action Surge does not let you take a second Bonus Action. It only lets you take another standard Action.

Edit: OOPS, someone beat me to it. I shouldn't have gotten distracted while typing a reply. XD

Remove ads