• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Winter Ceramic DM™: THE WINNER!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
BardStephenFox said:
Will the two of you match up and see who has stronger characterization through individual voices?

Screw that. I'm writing mine as a D-grade comedy. Sort of like the screenplay to "Ernest goes to Camp," only with photos. :p

Zhaneel

First Post
Sialia said:
So, she's [Mirabelle] me, but she's . . um . . heavily influenced, shall we say, by . . other . . uh, players of RPGS that I sometimes might have played with. None of whom happen to be judging this contest, right? Because I wouldn't presume pander to a judge with a cheap shtick like that.

*giggle* Yeah, that wouldn't work *at all*. And besides, it is such a subdued version of your friend that I hardly recognized the influence at all. ;-) And I can say that, since I'm not writing this round. *ducks*

Thank you for writing up more of what your thoughts were and sharing them. I appreciate seeing how other writers' brains work (hrmmm... maybe I should hire Syyalea to help me out with that).

PirateCat said:
Screw that. I'm writing mine as a D-grade comedy. Sort of like the screenplay to "Ernest goes to Camp," only with photos

Hey!!!! What happened to my heaving bosoms and throbbing members! *pout*

Zhaneel

Sialia

First Post
Well, I've tried twice to do something really different and unique with my narrative style, and both times I hated the results so much that I went back to my usual storytelling mode.

I don't think I'm likely to take any risks this round. Expect more of the same old same old from me.

BSF

Explorer
Sialia said:
Well, I've tried twice to do something really different and unique with my narrative style, and both times I hated the results so much that I went back to my usual storytelling mode.

I don't think I'm likely to take any risks this round. Expect more of the same old same old from me.

Works for me! I'm _still_ waiting for the Defenders of Daybreak storyhour to catch up so you can post the story in the DOD - Early years thread. I like your "same old, same old".

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Zhaneel said:
Hey!!!! What happened to my heaving bosoms and throbbing members! *pout*

It's quite possible that they aren't mutually exclusive.

Hey Mythago, when do photos go up, do you know? I need to plan my weekend. (Sorry if you already said and I missed it.)

Last edited:

mythago

Hero
Sialia said:
So, she's me, but she's . . um . . heavily influenced, shall we say, by . . other . . uh, players of RPGS that I sometimes might have played with. None of whom happen to be judging this contest, right?
Right. Because, after all, you and I have never actually played in the same game. ;)

mythago

Hero
Final round pictures

Piratecat vs. Sialia for the champeenship...

Attachments

• yarn.jpg
    yarn.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 247
  • odetothesun.jpg
    odetothesun.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 237
  • smilingfaces.jpg
    smilingfaces.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 268
  • veryround.jpg
    veryround.jpg