Winter Ceramic DM™: THE WINNER!

mythago

Hero
Oh, going for the OBVIOUS judge-pandering
biggrin.gif

Sialia said:
I never could find a GM willing to run those modules for me --Bandeeto, P'cat and KidCthulhu all held their noses when I first came up with those.
You don't pay them Philistines no nevermind.

Last edited:

mythago

Hero
Sialia said:
oooh ooh! can I pander, too?
Goodness, yes.

But in all seriousness--the nice thing about Ceramic DM is that with three judges, it's nigh unto impossible to try to slant a story to victory.

Last edited:

Sagiro

Rodent of Uncertain Parentage
The opening is unfortunately weak. We don't know that Silvado is an illithid, so we have a mental (sorry) picture of him and his herd that changes once we learn what he is.
Interesting that you mention this as a negative; I thought the revelation of Silvado's nature (and his herd's) was one of the neatest parts of the story. "The drover Silvado stood ankle-deep in the river, surrounded by his herd." So, yeah, I'm thinking, some human farmer and his 50 head of cows. Wait... tentacle extensions? Ahhhhhhh! Illithids! And those aren't cows, are they? :D That'll teach me to make assumptions!

One of my favorite science-fiction authors, Iain M. Banks, does this sort of thing often and effectively, at least in his Culture novels.

Congratulations to both authors for fine stories. Unfortunately, I cannot now continue my practice of blatantly partisan rooting interest for the finals! :)

-Sagiro

arwink

Clockwork Golem
As a random side-note: I've just realised that I leave for a Australian Long Weekend Con tomorrow night, so I wont be back until Tuesday evening. Assuming the pictures go up for the weekend, it'll be at least twenty-four hours after deadline before I get a chance to look at them.

Zhaneel

First Post
*gigglesnarf*

Piratecat said:
That's it. For my next entry, I'm tempted to write a bodice-ripper romance novel. Breast-heaving and impassioned glances all around!

Oh! Oh! I wanna see that!

Btw: Congrats to Siala for the story. Beautifully done. I really enjoyed it.

And a *wave*. I'm new here, but mythago is really good about dragging people to see new things and I love reading other people's writing. Maybe one day I'll get up the guts to join in something like this.

Zhaneel (who some of you know, and the rest will know).

Berandor

lunatic
Sialia: Wow. Just - wow. Your story really blew me away. I liked Cedric's offering, really, but when I read the story today on my way to work (no, I'm not driving), it really affected me.
It helps that I'm a sucker for pathos, of course.
"Fight!" :)

Remove ads