Winter Ceramic DM™: THE WINNER!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Oh, my. A hot shower followed by walking dogs in snowy woods can be quite... inspirational.

For me, when ideas snap into place, they do so with an almost-audible "click."

Zhaneel

First Post
Piratecat said:
Oh, my. A hot shower followed by walking dogs in snowy woods can be quite... inspirational.

Tease... we know you're not going to post the story until Sunday so in the meantime we're patiently waiting and you're baiting us. :)

Can I have some more, sir?

Zhaneel

Dakkareth

First Post
Hehe ... unlike the other pictures I saw, these ones flashed an instant skeleton-story into my brain. It will be interesting to see, how it works out.

And as I've given up lurking to say that, I might as well dispense praise into all directions. ALL of the stories posted so far are worthy of great admiration, so forgive me, if I'm going to be as hypocritical as to write one-sentence critics. ;)

Bilbiophile's story a a nice ring of Lovecraftian tradition to it and only suffered from the somewhat sudden ending.

Piratecat's fairy tale makes full use of this genre's possibilities and leaves the reader with a nice feeling of resolvedness; the decision of the two sisters to act upon their spite seemed a little strange to me, but I guess in the context of a fairy tale extreme reactions are justified.

alsih2o combines several motives of science-fiction into a pleasant short story made funny (the good sense) by the narrator's comments.

I'm not commenting on guedo79's poem as frankly I didn't read it. I'm sorry, but I just can't read a poem just like other things - either I'm forced or it's so short I can read over it. :(

I especially liked BardStephenFox' story for its of pathos and destiny.

Siala's first story starts off with a somewhat strange feeling to me, but as the story continues and one grows used to it, one realizes the value in it. The same is true for the change of perspective - only on the second time through I could appreciate it, but it's a change for the better, a nice feeling to see, that a Dragon is more than a Deus ex machina providing some means of transport.

Cedric tells a nice story of a man's search for his lord, although the circumstances are not quite clear to me.

Kesh's story of a lord returning to his dead lands is somewhat confusing as if taken out of context, but still interesting.

In his second story alsih2o brings us uncommon philosophy, guilty remniscence and the setting of a people living on a tribelike association of boats on the open ocean. Had the end been a little less swift it would have been even better.

Piratecat presents us with the questionable honor of meeting the iconic DnD characters and an unquestionable sense of good humour (even though I admit to not understanding or finding a great deal of the jokes) - it's one of those things you'll quote from when asserting your geekdom.

The second chapter of Siala's tale begins in a hazaphard language that makes it hard to understand, but once the first half page is passed it makes more than up for it. Great ideas, imagery and execution make it a fantastic read.

I'm probably jaded by countless books of emerging heroes (happens all the time it seems) and thus can't get as well into the spirit of Cedrics second story as it would deserve, well done save for some nitpicks as it is.

I'll quit leaning out of the window much too far now ;)

Remove ads