• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spring Ceramic DM™: WINNER POSTED!

Taladas

Macbeth said:
Hmmmm, interesting. I like em, and brainstorming gives me an excellent excuse to stop studying for my Chem test tomorrow. Well, good luck Thullgrim, your going to need it, cause I'm going to get writing like an infinite number of monkeys with typewriters.

Yes, but is that an infinite number of monkeys with typewriters and popcicles? Because you need both to get them really motivated. If not then the feces really fly. :eek:

Excellent job with the pictures Piratecat. I really like the chair.

WanderingMonster

First Post
PC, check your dates/times. They don't match up. Saturday is the 10th. Am I competing on Saturday, or on the 8th (which is Thursday)?

They must do things differently on the East Coast.:confused:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
WanderingMonster said:
PC, check your dates/times. They don't match up. Saturday is the 10th. Am I competing on Saturday, or on the 8th (which is Thursday)?

They must do things differently on the East Coast.:confused:

Math is hard, talking Barbie. Let's go shopping!

My dates were totally messed up. Try this; there are probably mistakes in it, but I'll correct it in the morning. I can change around anyone's time and day. In particular, matches 5 and 6 may be inconvenient for the participants, in which case we'll push them back.

1 - Alsih2o vs Cool Hand Luke: posted Tuesday 4/6 afternoon
2 - Macbeth vs Thullgrim: posted Tuesday 4/6 night
3 - Berandor vs Drose25: to be posted Wednesday 4/7 afternoon
4 - Mythago vs Orchid Blossom: to be posted Thursday 4/8 night
5 - Tzor vs Zhaneel: to be posted Friday 4/9 morning
6 - RangerWickett vs Speaker: to be posted Friday 4/9 evening
7 - Wandering Monster vs BardStephenFox: to be posted Sunday 4/11 night
8 - NiTessine vs Francisca: to be posted Monday 4/12 morning

Last edited:

BSF

Explorer
Ooh! Piratecat, don't forget to warn everyone that there is no editing of your story once it is posted! Some of the newcomers might not realize that.

EDIT: Nevermind, Piratecat as that in the rules on the 1st post. Umm, consider this your reminder! Yeah, that's the ticket. :)

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
That's the point! I usually let the photos sit there in my subconscious and percolate for a day or so, making connections. It's great fun when it comes together, though.

Zhaneel, Orchid Blossom -- there is no reason why you guys can't be shifted back a day. Let me just hear from Tzor and Mythago, and I'll change the days. As I said before, we'll do whatever is most convenient for you folks, because it's all the same to your esteemed judges. We want the writing to be challenging, not the scheduling. :)

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Bibliophile and Whitey haven't responded to my email or checked in, so they cede their places to BardStephenFox and Francisca. Congratulations! Taladas moves up to first alternate.

Mythago and Orchid Blossom are now shifted back a day until Thursday night. That should hopefully take care of all the scheduling difficulties for this round; if not, let me know. As always, the updated schedule of who goes when is listed in the first post of the thread.

Zhaneel, you're right about the deadline: three days (72 hours), so if you get them Friday morning you need to send them in by Monday morning. I use east coast time, so I'll try to post morning photos about 10 am EST, afternoon photos at 3pm EST, evening photos at 7pm EST, and night photos at 11pm EST. That's rough, but it's good for an estimate.

As BardStephenFox reminded folks, no editing once it's posted.

Incidentally, I may eventually go back and delete some of the off topic scheduling posts in this thread to make it more streamlined; if you see it get shorter briefly, that's why.

Next up: Berandor vs Drose25, posted this afternoon!

Last edited:

BSF

Explorer
Well, that's a bummer for Whitey and Bibliophile, perhaps next time?

So, I am paired off with WanderingMonster? Good, you know that Wandering Monsters are simply designed as small inconveniences to keep the PC's moving along. Since we are on a time limit, that is hardly a concern anyway. Just for the record, I am not scared of the big, scary dragon icon. We know that's just a scan from a previous edition and it really ins't representative of what WanderingMonster is all about anyway. So, what do I have to fear? Woohoo! It's back to basics!

WanderingMonster's .sig said:
Table 3-14: Back To Basics
1 1d6 Kobolds
2 Orc (Sor1)
3 1d6 Skeletons, medium
4 1d3 Dire rats

Heck, I'll take any of them! Boy, if that's the best that can come out of my opponent, I am in for a cakewalk! :)

PS - Clearing scheduling posts might be good. Otherwise we have several pages before there is anything notable to read.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
“The great challenge which faces us is to assure that. . we do not strangle the voice of creativity, that the rules of the game do not come to overshadow its purpose."

- Hubert Humphrey, 1966

Tomorrow begins Mythago's and Orchid Blossom's contest, but today is:

Match 1-3: Berandor and Drose25. Entries are due 72 hours from this time stamp. Please label the top of your entry with your match information, and make sure you flag your illustrations in some way.

Good luck!

Attachments

• this big.jpg
    this big.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 193
  • winding.jpg
    winding.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 174
  • forked tongue.jpg
    forked tongue.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 207
  • white.jpg
    white.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 219

Berandor

lunatic
He was a dark and stormy knight with a long beard...
Edit: Damn - that is no beard!

I've seen the pics now, will start writing on them tomorrow, finish friday, and move to the next round saturday. :)

ETA: After looking at them for real, I think I'll simply despair and cry... ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads