Ceramic DM- The Renewal ( Final judgement posted)

alsih2o

First Post
Round 2

Macbeth Vs. Maddman

5 pics, 72 hours, 6000 word limit.

Attachments

• dogsworld.JPG
    dogsworld.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 118
  • blowmytop.JPG
    blowmytop.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 118
  • nocages.JPG
    nocages.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 137
  • doublemint.JPG
    doublemint.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 127
  • withcolorgaurd.JPG
    withcolorgaurd.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 118

Thorod Ashstaff

First Post
Wow, thanks for all the great critique (especially Piratecat, whose negative points I agree with, except that Angela doesn't go back to CERN, chalk that one up to unclear phrasing rather than a logic flaw). I really liked Rodrigo's ghouls, I'll chalk this one up to beginner's luck.

I am ready for Round Two, whenever!

BSF

Explorer
OK, I am slowly catching up with the stories. Alsih2o, I will try to get you an updated menu soon-ish. One query for the judges: I am commenting on stories in the Spectator's Thread. But you folks aren't allowed in that thread. Would you like copies of posts in this thread as well or would you rather wait until the contest is complete to look at the Spectator thread?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Thorod Ashstaff said:
Wow, thanks for all the great critique (especially Piratecat, whose negative points I agree with, except that Angela doesn't go back to CERN, chalk that one up to unclear phrasing rather than a logic flaw).

I'm sure I missed something - but after explaining why she can't go through herself (she'll get arrested), why doesn't Angela go through instead of John after they break into the lab? Other than self-preservation, I mean. :)

I'm not trying to pick nits by asking; it was a great story, and you deserve to advance. I'm just really curious.

Thorod Ashstaff

First Post
Piratecat said:
why doesn't Angela go through instead of John after they break into the lab?

Um, 'cause I'd been writing for thirteen straight hours and was brain dead? Good catch, if I expand this one (which I'm leaning towards doing) I will fix that.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
In order to get the matchups moving, I have sent Alsih2o my judgment for Firelance vs Nitessine but not my commentary. I'm going to edit that in on Sunday. I didn't want you to wait any more but I'm not near a computer for very long, so this seemed like the best method for keeping things moving. Firelance and Nitessine, please check back in later for my comments.

Thanks!

Remove ads