OOC: Tales From The Old Bald One-Eyed Salty Red Dog Tavern!

Lazlow

First Post
Branding Opportunity said:
Glad to be on board! Now I just have to figure out which character will be the most fun to play.

Glad to have you on board!

[sblock]I take it you didn't get my email (I sent you one via your profile). I was hoping you'd play the cleric of Nerull who hates undead; there's another character in your group for whom your character would have some GREAT opportunity for interaction. You can probably guess what that character is, but if not, then you'll find out soon enough. I'll leave the choice up to you, of course, but my vote's for your cleric. :) [/sblock]

Gray Shade

First Post
Thanks for getting me in, Lazlow. You're already cool.

I'm thinking of a Lycantrhope Dracolich with a vorpal sword and the power to summon either Kraken or Stirge out of his belly as a free action each round . . . that's eccentric, will you allow that?

If not, I guess I'll go back to the idea I'd already submitted . . .

Lazlow

First Post
Gray Shade said:
Thanks for getting me in, Lazlow. You're already cool.

I concur. :)

I'm thinking of a Lycantrhope Dracolich with a vorpal sword and the power to summon either Kraken or Stirge out of his belly as a free action each round . . . that's eccentric, will you allow that?

I'll allow this, if you don't mind being blind, deaf, mute, and tiny-sized.

If not, I guess I'll go back to the idea I'd already submitted . . .

That's probably for the best...

Wystan

Explorer
[sblock]Any word on if my magic EQ is acceptable or not?[/sblock]

I was thinking of playing an Anthropomorphic Hippopotamaus with a low self esteem problem and a weight gain problem. But the idea was just to large to wrap my head around... :)

Lazlow

First Post
Wystan said:
[sblock]Any word on if my magic EQ is acceptable or not?[/sblock]

[sblock]I didn't see any equipment on there but a sword, flail, chain shirt, buckler, and a blindfold. Did I get the wrong sheet?[/sblock]

I was thinking of playing an Anthropomorphic Hippopotamaus with a low self esteem problem and a weight gain problem. But the idea was just to large to wrap my head around... :)

We'll save that one for the TMNT campaign...

Wystan

Explorer
[SBLOCK]I updated it again and made the sword and the armor magic and then bought a haywards handy haversack total magic costs is around 5500 gold.[/sblock]
I am logging for the Night, I mainly read this at work 9-5 EST. If you need me send an e-mail to [sblock]1380488(at)skytel(dot)com and I will get a page and know to check here.[/sblock]
I like this spoiler block stuff, like so:

[sblock]Made you look[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lazlow

First Post
Wystan

Wystan said:
[SBLOCK]I updated it again and made the sword and the armor magic and then bought a haywards handy haversack total magic costs is around 5500 gold.[/sblock]

[sblock]As long as you haven't spent over the max starting gold for a 4th level character, it's fine by me. I'll check in the book tonight and let you know.[/sblock]

I am logging for the Night, I mainly read this at work 9-5 EST. If you need me send an e-mail to [sblock]1380488(at)skytel(dot)com and I will get a page and know to check here.[/sblock]

Same here, CST. I usually don't post on the weekends, but I have a couple times in the past.

I like this spoiler block stuff, like so:

[sblock]Made you look[/sblock]

[sblock]Monkey see, monkey do![/sblock]

All these spoiler blocks can be confusing if you don't put the respondant's name in there somewhere...

Lazlow

First Post
Character Sheets

Hey all you player type folks, if you could get your character sheets to me by Monday afternoonish, that would be just super peachy. I'd like to get this show on the road!

Here's some incentive for ye: First group to get me all their character sheets gets a surprise!*

================

*Cover charge to the tavern will be waived half price 3% off

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ok, here's my character, first draft, ready for DM approval.

[sblock]Karjanga Stonecrusher
Female Half-Orc Barbarian 1/ Sorcerer 3

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Deity: Kord
Height: 5' 8''
Weight: 260lbs
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue

Str: 18 (+4) [6 points, +2 racial]
Dex: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Con: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Int: 12 (+1) [6 points, -2 racial]
Wis: 8 (-1) [0 points]
Cha: 17 (+3) [13 points, -2 racial, +1 level]

Class and Racial Abilities: +2 Str, -2 Int, -2 Cha, darkvision 60 ft, orc blood. Fast movement, illiteracy, rage 1/day, proficient with all simple and martial weapons, light armor, medium armor, and shields (except tower shields). Arcane spells, familiar.

Hit Dice: 1d12+3d4+8
HP: 29 (rage - 37)
AC: 15 (+3 armor, +1 Dex)
Init: +1 (+1 Dex)
Speed: 40ft

Saves:
Fortitude +5 [+3 base, +2 Con]
Reflex +2 [+1 base, +1 Dex]
Will +2 [+3 base, -1 Wis] (+6 against mind-affecting effects)

BAB: +2
Melee Atk: +7 (1d12+7/x3/S, greataxe) (Rage atk +9, 1d12+10)
Ranged Atk: +3 (1d8/x3/100 ft./P, longbow)

Skills:
Bluff +7 [4 rank, +3 Cha]
Climb +8 [4 ranks, +4 Str]
Concentration +6 [4 ranks, +2 Con]
Intimidate +7 [4 ranks, +3 Cha]
Jump +8 [4 ranks, +4 Str]
Knowledge (arcana) +6 [5 ranks, +1 Int]
Listen +1 [0 ranks, -1 Wis, +2 Alertness]
Spot +1 [0 ranks, -1 Wis, +2 Alertness]
Swim +8 [4 ranks, +4 Str]

Feats:
Combat Casting (1st level)
Force of Personality (3rd level) [From Complete Adventurer, apply Cha instead of Wis mod to Will saves vs. mind affecting spells and effects]

Languages: Common, Orc, Draconic

Spells Known
Save DC +3 – Spells per day 6/6
0th - acid splash, detect magic, flare, ray of frost, touch of fatigue.
1st – enlarge person, fist of stone (Complete Arcane), magic missile, shocking grasp

Equipment:

+1 leather armor – 1,160gpgp (20 lbs)
+1 Greataxe – 2,320gp (12 lbs)
Longbow – 75gp (3 lbs)
40 arrows – 2gp (6 lbs)
Dagger – 2gp (1 lb)
Cloak of Resistance +1 – 1,000gp
Spell component pouch – 15gp
Wand of ray of enfeeblement – 750gp
Backpack - 2gp (2 lbs)
~Bedroll 5sp (5 lbs)
~Waterskin 1gp (4 lbs)
~50 ft. hemp rope 1gp (10 lbs)
~Trail rations (10 days worth) 5gp (10 lbs)
~Belt pouch 1gp (1/2 lb)
~Traveler’s outfit (Free)
~Whetstone – 2cp (4 lbs)

Money
170gp

Thrash, raven familiar: Tiny magical beast; HD 3: hp 15; Init +2; Spd 10 ft., fly 40 ft. (average); AC 16 (+2 size, +2 Dex, +2 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 14; Base Atk +3; Grp -10; Atk: claws +7 melee (1d2-5); full Atk: claws +7 melee (1d2-5); Space/Reach 2 ½ ft./0 ft.; SQ low-light vision, alertness, improved evasion, share spells, empathic link, deliver touch spells; AL CG; SV Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Str 1, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 7, Wis 14, Cha 6.

Skills and Feats: Bluff +2, Climb –1, Concentration +4, Intimidate +2, Jump –1, Knowledge (arcana) +3, Listen +4, Spot +4, Swim -1; Alertness, Weapon Finesse.

Speaks Common

~~~~~

Appearance: Karjanga is very powerfully built half-orc woman. She has a long fall of glossy, raven-black hair plaited with raven feathers. Brilliant violet eyes dominate a haughty and elegant face. Her orc heritage gives her olive skin and slightly pointed ears, as well as very small tusks. She wears crimson leather armor and bears a greataxe at her side notched with many kills. A beaded pouch is at her belt, and a raven sits on her shoulder.

Personality: Karjanga is a stunningly self-confident woman, secure in her martial prowess as well as her magical might. She goes forth expecting to succeed at everything that she does, and usually accomplishes her goals. She has powerful opinions on everything from other people to politics, and tends to make snap judgments based on little information. She can show loyalty to those whom she deems worthy, but is an implacable enemy to almost anyone else. All in all she’s a rather difficult friend to have.

Background: Karjanga was born of a powerful orc chieftain and an equally powerful warrior woman who fell in love with him. With two such powerful people lending her their blood, it was forgone that their offspring would be a warrior. And warrior she was, displaying her father's battle-rages from an early age. However, she also bullied the shaman of her tribe into teaching her the secrets of magic she felt were flowing in her blood. Many were surprised when their "Little Lion" would manifest darts of light or fire to combat her enemies in addition to her axe. Karjanga soon became bored with her father's tribe, finding it limiting, as magic was little understood. She has stridden outward into the larger world to fuel her magic as well as her lust for battle.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads