OOC: Tales From The Old Bald One-Eyed Salty Red Dog Tavern!

Captain Tagon

First Post
Edited my first idea a little and thought up a few more:

[sblock]
An angsty, BA halfling ranger with a pet house cat. Oh, and he dual wields kukris. Well, at least he thinks he is all tough. He's been having weird dreams about a dark skinned elf and believes that this good natured killer was a previous life of his. Attempts to live up to elf in his dreams, hoping others will see the derring do and cunning in himself.

A human monk who is the master of the grapple. Likes to immobolize his oppossition in order to tell them the virtues of his god.

A warrior from a foreign land. Master of honor and tea ceremonies and the draw cut and committing ritual suicide and lengthy debates about all of the above said skills. Oh, and he's a goth kid.

A young lass of 17-18. Intelligent but fairly clueless about the world around her. Except she's a sorceress. And she doesn't know she's a sorceress. Weird things just happen around her during times of strong emotion and she has no idea why.[/sblock]

Lazlow

First Post
More Recruiting Stuff for Everyone!

I was going to reply to each of you separately until I remembered how incredibly lazy I can be. I can also be fairly blunt when necessary, as you'll all see. To wit:

Ranger Rick: That's good, just what I'm looking for. Thanks.

Temujin: I like it. Thanks.

Branding Opportunity: You da man.

Hypersmurf: You, additionally, are da man. (A very brave man.)

Agrajag: There's something wrong with you. I like that.

Dr. Zombie: Your second idea is probably best, but I'll leave the final choice to you.

Khavren: Little more info?

Captain Tagon: Oh. OH. OHHHH, NOW I get it. The... Guy with the things and the other thing. I like it. I like it a lot. But I like your other ones, too. You pick, I can't. (You've managed to pick a few classes that haven't been picked already.)

Jarlaxale: Um... Yeah, somehow I don't think your first one would work all that well. There's a thin line between 'quirky' and 'likely to get killed immediately'. And your second one is definitely original, but there's another thin line between 'quirky' and 'completely incapable of functioning whatsoever'.

Seeten: That could work - but I hope you have some contingencies in mind for that particular character. (See my comments to Jarlaxale above)

Logics Fate: Your second idea would be perfect!

Isida: Oh, you know what you are. Yes you do. That's right: Da man. (Actually I have no earthly idea if any of you three are actually males or not, so, if you're not, um... You go, girl! :heh: )

Wystan: Could you elaborate on that some?

=============

That's all for now. More later, I'm sure.

Oh, one last thing. Does everyone have the latest HeroForge character sheet thingy? I'd really prefer character sheets in that if at all possible. I can post it here if anyone needs it (you'll need Excel to use it).

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Post away and I'll get to work on the sheet. ;)

And it's Da Woman. :)

Edit - Hmm... I found and downloaded HeroForge, but I cannot seem to find how to select a class.

Last edited:

Captain Tagon

First Post
I don't have the newest HeroForge but I'll go grab it. Yeah, I think I'm going with either the first or last concept I made. Can't quite decide yet though.

Lazlow

First Post
HeroForge stuff

Well, I see that there are a few slightly different versions of HeroForge floating around out there. The one I prefer to use (both for ease of use and the number of cool features) can be found here. There are two to choose from, use the second one (filename is 'HeroForge(3.5-06/29/2004)', it's 2.41MB). I've tried a few times to attach it here but I can't for some reason, so you'll have to download it yourself.

As I mentioned, you'll need Excel to use it, and I see also that you need to have the Analysis Toolpak installed (if you don't already have it installed, it's easy: In Excel, go to the 'Tools' menu, select 'Add Ins', then 'Analysis Toolpak', hit OK). You might need the installation disks, I'm not sure. But the sheet is worth digging out those disks, trust me. When you open the file be sure to choose 'enable macros' or it won't work.

Now, this particular version does just about everything for you. On the first tab, 'House Rules', you can choose which books you want to use, what pantheons are included in your character's campaign, and some other specific rules (you can even use this for Living Greyhawk if you're doing that). For this campaign, just select Complete Warrior and Complete Divine, and choose both the Core and Full Greyhawk pantheons. If you don't like a lot of detail on your sheet, you can also choose the topmost option, 'Summarize Class Abilities' (I usually don't check that, myself).

Now you can just go down the row of tabs, 'Race & Stats', 'Classes', 'Skills', etc., all the way down to the two character sheet tabs, where everything is displayed nicely for you (those two pages are the ones you'd print out if you like). Most everything has a drop-down menu with all your previously chosen options (from the first tab), there are a few places where you can override the selections if you need to. There are usually instructions on how each page or each feature on a page works.

For ability scores, just enter in the value where the numbers are (it starts at 8 for all stats) and it adds up the point buy for you directly below them there. Be sure to go back and choose an ability increase when you reach 4th level (and every 4th level afterwards, of course).

Your character's feats are nicely kept track of for you, it shades out all the ones you aren't eligible for yet, and there's a drop down menu of classes that determines your classes' bonus feats for you (they become highlighted). (Pay attention to the note at the top of that page when you choose your feats.)

Here's a really cool feature: If you cast arcane spells, a couple of 'Wizard Spellbook' tabs pop up, where you can pick and choose your spells. It also automatically adds a spell sheet for you. As you work your way down the tabs, it'll pop up (eventually), and there's a drop down menu for your class. Select your class, and voila! All of the spell available to you are instantly added to your sheet. All you have to do is select which ones you have prepared.

Lazlow

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Well, you do need the disk to install the Analysis ToolPak, which unfortunetly I don't have. :(

Oh well. You might try it without the toolpak installed, although I have no idea what might happen without it.

No biggie, it's just a little time saver.

Remove ads