• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Seas of Blood (a piritical game) - Full

Bront

The man with the probe
Ok, Swoops is 99.9% done (follow the link above to see thing earlier).

I may have found a few maps, or at least places where you can rumage through maps. I'll look around a bit more and then provide links (There's a thread in the general section about maps that I'm getting info from).

Once i know how much money I'll have in the ship pool, I'll start spending some of it. If we have a Mage Shipwright, I'll save some and work with him on spending money on magical enhancements. (I realy like the 9K sails of speed, which add 1 MPH/10' to move). Right now, with my contribution, and Rick's, we're at 35,000. 5,000 is all I realy need from anyone.

BTW, Spyglasses will NOT just be laying around. The cost 1,000 themselves. To expensive to have them laying around. I bought one for my person, and will try to buy one or two for the general ship. Unless Pheonix is worried about it though, I'll assume plenty of things like rope, fishhooks, and other miscilanious things are included in the initial ship price.

Bront

The man with the probe
Argent Silvermage said:
I'm rewriting Ramses just a bit. Making him a ranges specialty ranger and changing his animal companion.

I'll be donating 5,000 gp to the ship.
Sweet, then he may live ;)

Range never hurts for the ship. Especialy for a top man, you can reign firy death from above :] :cool:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Updated Ramses.

Name: Ramses Waveborne
Class: Ranger 4/ Sorcerer 4
Race: Half Sea Elf
Alignment: Neutral Good
Deity:
Height: 5’8”
Weight: 148
Eyes: Sea Green
Hair: Blond
Skin: Pale with Green ting.

Ability Scores: Str: 12/Dex: 14/Con: 12/Int: 12/Wis: 15/Cha: 16
HP: (4d8+4d4+8 Con)
AC: 16 (+2 Dex, +4 armor)
Init: +2 (+2 dex)
BAB: +6
Saves: Fort: +5/Ref: +5/Will: + 5
Move: 30’
Weight Allowance: Light 43, Medium 86, Heavy 130, Pull 450, Lift 130.

Attacks:
Rapier +6 1d6+1 18-20/x2
Hag Slayer: Composite Mighty (+1) Long Bow +10 1d8+3 /x3
Full Attack Hag Slayer +8/+8

Racial Abilities:
Immunity to Sleep spells and similar magical effects, and a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells or effects. Low-light vision: A half-elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions. +1 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy and Gather Imformation checks. Elven Blood: For all effects related to race, a half-elf is considered an elf.
Class Abilities:
Ranger: Track, Wild empathy, favored enemy (Monsterous Humanoids), Archer combat style, Endurance, Animal companion (Dire Rat "Squeeks") as 2nd level druid.
Sorcerer: Summon Familiar (SeaGull "Siren") as hawk.

Sorcerer Spells Per Day:
Cantrips: 6 (DC: 12)
1st Level: 7 (DC: 13)
2nd Level: 4 (DC: 14)

Sorcerer Spells Known:
Cantrips: Mending, Prestidigitation, Message, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light
1st Level: Jump, Animate Rope, Endure Elements.
2nd Level:Alter Self

1st Level Ranger Spell: Speak with Animals (DC: 13)

Feats:
Alertness, Acrobatic, Athletic.

Skills: (Ability + Ranks + Misc.)
Hide +2 (+2 Dex)
Move Silently +2 (+2 Dex)
Listen +7 (+2 Wis, +1 race, +2 alertness, +2 familiar)
Search +2 (+1 Int, +1 race)
Spot +16 (+2 Wis, 9 ranks +1 racial, +2 alertness, +2 familiar)
Jump +3 (+1 Str, +2 acrobatic)
Climb +10 (+1 Str, 7 ranks, +2 athletic)
Swim +12 (+1 Str, 9 ranks, +2 athletic)
Rope Use +7 (+2 Dex, 5 ranks)
Tumble +6 (+2 Dex, 2 ranks, +2 acrobatic)
Diplomacy +5 (+3 Cha, +2 racial)
Gather Information +5 (+3 Cha, +2 racial)
Knowledge Nature +8 (+1 Int, 7 ranks)
Survival +9 (+2 Wis, 7 ranks)
Knowledge Shipping lanes +5 (+1 Int, 4 ranks)
Profession Sailor +5 (+2 Wis, 3 ranks)
Balance +4 (+2 Dex, 2 ranks)
Languages:
Common, Elf, Draconic.

Gear: (Total weight: w)
18,500 gp Mighty Comp Longbow +2 (Bane: Monsterous Humanoids) [Hagslayer]
27,860 gp Leather armor +2, Spell Resistance 15, Glamored.
3,000 gp 2 potions Protection from Arrows 15/magic
5,000 gp to ship.
1,800 gp Quiver of Ehlona.
2,200 gp Ring of Featherfall

(58,360gp spent.)

History:
Brandy Cooper tells the story of her lover from the sea like it’s a myth not the truth. She tells of his fine elven body washing up on shore just as she was about to throw herself into the sea after loosing her husband Stewart to a woman from town. She saved him from the creature eating him and took him to the Inn that she ran with her father.
Blibboine awoke to the feel of linen sheets and gravity. It took some time to get used to but he had lost an arm to the sharkbeast and was not able to fend for himself. Brandy brought him back to health and careing for him healed her heart as well.
Before he went back to the deep where he belonged he left her with a gift; a child.

Ramses is named after his maternal grandfather. He led a sheltered life for the first 30 or so years until a sailor took him along on a voyage that opened his eyes. The sailor’s ship capsized in the middle of the ocean with no land around. Ram was the only survivor owing to his half sea elf heritage. He was able to swim to an island where he used the skills his mentor taught him to survive. It was almost a year before Ram was saved and returned to Saltbluff.
Once back he volunteered for the marine guard and learned how fight. It was another few years before he was able to return to the island he had made home only to find it enhabited by a sea hag.
He fought the hag but found she was interested in harming him like he thought all hags would want to do. Hailaria was in fact a human woman who was cursed to be in this form but had grown to love the magic she had and decided to remain as a hag. But she was a good woman and realised that others would not understand. Ramses and she became lovers and she chose to teach him magic.
One day she turned on him and tried to kill him. He left and never looked back leaving her to her lonley existance.

He returned to Saltbluff feeling like his world would crumble when his mother took him by the hand and lead him to the ship of an old friend. “Captain Swoops is looking for a Lookout. He could use your talents.” And the rest is history.

Squeeks Dire Rat
Size/Type: Small Animal
Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (9 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares), climb 20 ft.
Armor Class: 15 (+1 size, +3 Dex, +1 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-4
Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d4 plus disease)
Full Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d4 plus disease)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Disease
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +3
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 1, Wis 12, Cha 4
Skills: Climb +11, Hide +8, Listen +4, Move Silently +4, Spot +4, Swim +11
Feats: Alertness, Weapon FinesseB
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary or pack (11-20)
Challenge Rating: 1/3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 2-3 HD (Small); 4-6 HD (Medium)
Level Adjustment: —
Dire rats are omnivorous scavengers, but will attack to defend their nests and territories.
A dire rat can grow to be up to 4 feet long and weigh over 50 pounds.
Combat
Dire rat packs attack fearlessly, biting and chewing with their sharp incisors.
Disease (Ex)
Filth fever—bite, Fortitude DC 11, incubation period 1d3 days, damage 1d3 Dex and 1d3 Con. The save DC is Constitution-based.
Skills
Dire rats have a +8 racial bonus on Swim checks. Dire rats have a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks and can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened.
Dire rats use their Dexterity modifier for Climb and Swim checks.
Tricks: Guard, attack, Come when called, House trained, Follow Ramses, Stay, and defend other.
Companion Abilities: Share Spells, Link.

Siren
Size/Type: Small Magical Animal Sea Gull
Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (9 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares), fly 80 ft. (average)
Armor Class: 14 (+1 size, +2 Dex, +1 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-4
Attack: Talons +3 melee (1d4)
Full Attack: 2 talons +3 melee (1d4) and bite -2 melee (1d4)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: —
Special Qualities: Low-light vision
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +2
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 2, Wis 14, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +4, Spot +16
Feats: Alertness, Weapon FinesseB
A typical Sea Gull is about 3 feet long and has a wingspan of about 7 feet. The statistics presented here can describe any similar-sized, diurnal bird of prey.
Combat
Gulls dive at prey, raking with their powerful talons.
Skills
Gulls have a +8 racial bonus on Spot checks.
Familiar Abilities: Share Spells, Allertness, Improved Invasion, Empathic Link. Provides +3 spot check in bright light to Ramses.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Dire rats are fun (I have a sewer shaman in Pheonix's other game that rides one).

BTW, rangers get animal companions at 1/2 level, so you've got a companion as if a L2 druid (no big difference, but worth noting).

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Bront said:
Dire rats are fun (I have a sewer shaman in Pheonix's other game that rides one).

BTW, rangers get animal companions at 1/2 level, so you've got a companion as if a L2 druid (no big difference, but worth noting).
Thanks. I'm going to have him be marooned with the capn/ as well. rewriteing his bio today.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Lukda Bloodyhammer
Chaotic Neutral Female Half-Orc Druid 8

Description
[sblock]Lukda is a savage raised by savages, and even after several years among 'civilised people', she retains many of the mannerisms of her bestial origins. She hates that she still does not 'fit in', and does her best to seem like a normal, civilised girl, but it doesn't always come off.

Her blond hair - unusual in a half-orc - helps somewhat, but the grayish pallor of her skin, and her coarse, brutish features are an eternal disadvantage. Lukda is all-but-fluent in Common now, though she has a tendency to revert to pidgin when her emotions run high. She also has a habit of trying too hard to use impressive-sounding words to demonstrate her proficiency with the tongue of men, which can on occasion backfire - witness the name of her sword, 'Revengeance', for an example.

Lukda is thoroughly torn between her past and her present. She adores new places and new experiences - even the most boring day at sea can be an adventure for her if she's in waters she hasn't seen before. She gives thanks every day to the gods who guided Jonathon's rowboat to her tribe's island - a prehistoric speck in the middle of nowhere - and gave her the opportunity to travel in a ship the likes of which no-one she'd ever met could have dreamed of. She does her best to become a part of the new world she's entered into.

And yet her druidism is part of an ancient tradition that binds her always to her ancestors and her roots. Her prayers and rituals, her companion Elmo, every spell she casts is a reminder of her heritage, something she can never be entirely free of.

But as long as she can contribute to the ship's continued weal, and can practise her rituals discreetly; as long as she can see new shores and meet new people; and as long as she can bear the occasional sniggers at her all-to-frequent faux pas, Lukda Bloodyhammer will be a happy sailor. She is occasionally homesick for her family, her mentor, her chimpanzee Bobo... but the excitement is worth a little homesickness!

When she expects trouble, Lukda wears the armor and shield fashioned for her by her tribal mentor from the hide and shell of a great dragon turtle, with Revengeance, a sword taken in single combat from a hobgoblin pirate captain, at her side. For day-to-day wear on board ship, the simple canvas outfit of the working sailor suffices. But when Jonathon makes port, Lukda goes all-out... since discovering cities and seamstresses, Lukda has indulged a passion for dressing up that simply had no outlet on a jungle island. A musclebound blonde six-foot-plus half-orc girl might look silly in pink silk and frilly lace... but who's going to tell her to her face? Much of Lukda's luggage aboard ship is in the form of gowns, cosmetics, and gaudy paste jewellery, though it generally only makes an appearance when the ship is in port, or when Lukda is invited to join the captain's table for dinner.[/sblock]

Character Sheet
[sblock]
Code:
[b]Str[/b]  14 +2       = [b]16[/b] [+3] 
[b]Dex[/b]  11          = [b]11[/b] [+0]
[b]Con[/b]  14          = [b]14[/b] [+2]
[b]Int[/b]  14 -2       = [b]12[/b] [+1]
[b]Wis[/b]  16    +2 +4 = [b]22[/b] [+6]
[b]Chr[/b]  12 -2       = [b]10[/b] [+0]

[b]HP  [/b]  66 [i](8d8 + 16)[/i]
[b]AC  [/b]  18 [i](10 +0 [Dex] +6 [armor] +2 [shield])[/i]
[b]BAB [/b] + 6 
[b]Fort[/b] +10 [i](6 +2 [Con] +2 [resistance])[/i]
[b]Refl[/b] + 4 [i](2 +0 [Dex] +2 [resistance])[/i]
[b]Will[/b] +14 [i](6 +6 [Wis] +2 [resistance])[/i]
[b]Init[/b] + 0
[b]Spd [/b]  30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)

-----
[b]Feats[/b]

Spell Focus (Conjuration)
Augment Summoning
Natural Bond                [CAdv]
                            [size=1][i]Natural Bond adds three to your effective druid level for the[/i][/size]
                            [size=1][i]purpose of bonus hit dice, extra tricks, special abilities, and other[/i][/size]
                            [size=1][i]bonuses the companion receives.  Effective Druid Level cannot exceed[/i][/size]
                            [size=1][i]character level.[/i][/size]

-----
[b]Skills[/b]

Speak Common
Speak Druidic
Speak Orcish
Speak Aquan
Speak Auran
Concentration        9 +2    = [b]+11[/b]
Handle Animal        9 +0    = [b]+ 9[/b]
Knowledge (Nature)   9 +1 +2 = [b]+12[/b]
Profession (Sailor)  5 +6    = [b]+11[/b]
Spellcraft           9 +1    = [b]+10[/b]
Survival             5 +6 +2 = [b]+13[/b]
Swim                 5 +3    = [b]+ 8[/b]  [size=1]*-6 ACP[/size]

-----
[b]Class/Racial Features[/b]

Darkvision
Orc Blood

Animal companion
Nature sense
Wild empathy
Woodland stride
Trackless step
Resist nature’s lure
Wild shape (3/day)
Wild shape (Large) 

-----
[b]Spells[/b]

0 (  6/day, DC 16)
1 (4+2/day, DC 17)
2 (3+2/day, DC 18)
3 (3+1/day, DC 19)
4 (2+1/day, DC 20)

-----
[b]Equipment[/b]

Periapt of Wisdom +4 and Resistance +2      22000
+1 Wild Dragon Turtlehide Breastplate       16500 [size=1][i](as dragonhide breastplate)[/i][/size]
Revengeance, +1 Humanbane Cutlass            8315
Collar of Speed and Sustenance (on Elmo)     6000 [size=1][i](as horseshoes of speed and ring of sustenance)[/i][/size]
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (50 chgs)           750
Masterwork Dragon Turtleshell Heavy Shield    167 [size=1][i](as darkwood heavy shield)[/i][/size]
Masterwork Sling                              300
20 Flame Bullets                              400 [size=1][i](A&EG: +1d4 fire damage from alchemist's fire, -2 attack roll)[/i][/size]
100 Bullets                                     1
Handaxe                                         6
Daggers (5)                                    10
Spell Component Pouch                           5
                                            -----
-----
[b]Other Possessions[/b] (400ish gp)

Books
Slate Board and Chalk
Sewing Kit
Assorted Fabrics
Assorted Outfits
Assorted Cosmetics
Assorted Jewellery (mostly paste)
Flotation Bags
Fishing Tackle
Painting of Bobo the Chimpanzee
Painting by Bobo the Chimpanzee

150gp in coin and gems
5000gp invested in ship
[/sblock]

Animal Companion
[sblock]
Code:
[b]Elmo Elasmosaurus    [/b]
[b]Huge Animal          [/b]

[b]Hit Dice            :[/b] 12d8+78 (132 hp)
[b]Initiative          :[/b] +2
[b]Speed               :[/b] 20 ft. (4 squares), swim 50 ft. (80 ft. with collar)
[b]Armor Class         :[/b] 15 (–2 size, +2 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 13
[b]Base Attack/Grapple :[/b] +9/+25
[b]Attack              :[/b] Bite +15 melee (2d8+12)
[b]Full Attack         :[/b] Bite +15 melee (2d8+12)
[b]Space/Reach         :[/b] 15 ft./10 ft.
[b]Special Attacks     :[/b] Snatch
[b]Special Qualities   :[/b] Low-light vision, scent, link, share spells, evasion
[b]Saves               :[/b] Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +5
[b]Abilities           :[/b] Str 27, Dex 15, Con 22, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 9
[b]Skills              :[/b] Hide –4*, Listen +4, Spot +11, Swim +16
[b]Feats               :[/b] Dodge, Great Fortitude, Toughness (2), Snatch
[b]Alignment           :[/b] Neutral

Though it resides primarily in the water, an elasmosaurus only breathes air. 
An elasmosaurus has a total length of some 30 feet, including a tail half as 
long as its entire body, and weighs about 5,000 pounds. Observers who see only 
its head or tail might easily mistake it for a massive snake.

[b]Combat[/b]
An elasmosaurus is aggressive and attacks anything it notices. The creature is 
strong, fast, and highly maneuverable, able to turn quickly and lunge at prey. 
When hunting, it travels with its head out of the water, snapping down quickly 
to seize prey.

[b]Skills:[/b] *An elasmosaurus has a +8 racial bonus on Hide checks in water.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Bront said:
Great.

Also, I want to know who in particular plans on donating money towards the ship. As I mentioned earlier, 5000 per person can go a long way. (I intend on donating 10,000. Was pondering more, but with my story, I think it works better if I don't ditch the armor.)

I've set aside 5k.

-Hyp.

Phoenix

First Post
Remember boys and girls, if you've taken a feat or class from a non-core rule book, sblock the info on your character sheet so I cans checks it oot.

I can't believe that I'm running a game full of sailors and no-ones gots me spinich...

Remove ads