• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Seas of Blood (a piritical game) - Full

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Phoenix said:
Remember boys and girls, if you've taken a feat or class from a non-core rule book, sblock the info on your character sheet so I cans checks it oot.

Added info for Natural Bond.

A question about Animal Companions - as they increase in hit dice, they gain feats and skill points. But for the base hit dice, are the feats fixed by the Monster Manual description? (In other words, is Toughness able to be swapped for a feat that actually does something? :) )

-Hyp.

IcyCool

First Post
If you are still recruiting, I'd love to play the ships musician. Off the top of my head I'm thinking of a salty old dog who's handy with a fiddle. Maybe snag the "Obtain Familiar" feat from Complete Arcane to get a howler monkey as a familiar.

Bront

The man with the probe
Write it up Icy. I think we're taking all comers and maybe trimming down a bit if we get too many by the deadline. Depends on how many Pheonix realy wants.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
Added info for Natural Bond.

A question about Animal Companions - as they increase in hit dice, they gain feats and skill points. But for the base hit dice, are the feats fixed by the Monster Manual description? (In other words, is Toughness able to be swapped for a feat that actually does something? :) )

-Hyp.
Those feats that the animal has from the MM are static. you can't change them.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Phoenix said:
Special Note: All characters may only possess a maximum of 4 scrolls, 6 potions and 4 permanent magic items* (all which will of course feature in your background, and the weapons will have names, thanks ;) )

Query on wands - not permanent, but not scrolls or potions either.

Permissible to swap the single-use allowance (4 scrolls, 6 potions) for one or two wands? I'm thinking specifically about a wand of CLW.

-Hyp.

IcyCool

First Post
Bront said:
Write it up Icy. I think we're taking all comers and maybe trimming down a bit if we get too many by the deadline. Depends on how many Pheonix realy wants.

Right then, introducing Bartholomew Jenkins, A.K.A. Blue-Note Bart, and the notorious Captain Smith.

Bartholomew Jenkins was a member of the original crew of the Razor Fin under Captain Hunter. When the loyal members of the crew were cast adrift, it were his trusty old fiddle that kept their spirits lively, and hope of rescue alive. He's always ready with a rousing drinking song, a bawdy ballad, or a soothing solo. He's been known to dance around the deck of the ship playing madly away on his fiddle, right in the middle of a boarding action or withering broadside. No one's quite sure what to make of this old codger, as he's always spinnin' a yarn or tellin' a tale about this pirate or that captain. More than one young buccaneer has gone off in search of fabulous buried treasure at the urging of old Blue-Note Bart. One of the more interesting tales heard round the ports is that of the monkey that accompanies Jenkins. It appears far more intelligent than it should be, and according to Jenkins it is the former commander of the Moon Goddess, Captain Jeremiah Smith, who's been put under a terrible curse. No one seems to know if it's just a good yarn or the honest truth, but the crew of the Moon Goddess have occaisonally been known to salute the monkey, and respond to his screeches with, "Aye Cap'n."

I'll get a full character sheet and backstory, but for now there's the teaser. I'm also looking for a better nickname than Blue-Note Bart, if anyone has some suggestions. Phoenix, I'm looking at taking the "Obtain Familiar" feat from Complete Arcane and was hoping you'd let me have a Monkey (as per the tiny monkey in the SRD) for a familiar. It's certainly not integral to the character, but it'd be a whole lot of fun. :)

And Bront, I don't see this character having a lot of stuff, so I could probably contribute 10,000gp to the ship, if you want.

Bront

The man with the probe
5K is fine, but I won't turn down more. Plan on 5K, and see where you get to with money.

Nicknames.... "The Singing Sailor" "Whailing Bart"

Bront

The man with the probe
Hypersmurf said:
Getting a Veil of Obscurity for the ship would be so cool! :)

-Hyp.
Yup :)

I'll probably start crunching the ship sunday, once I get a better idea of the budget, as well as how much we'll have to send the Shipwright's way.

Phoenix

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
Query on wands - not permanent, but not scrolls or potions either.

Permissible to swap the single-use allowance (4 scrolls, 6 potions) for one or two wands? I'm thinking specifically about a wand of CLW.

-Hyp.

I'll let you swap either 4 scrolls or 6 potions for 1 wand (or both for 2).

Remove ads