Zombie Hunt (Bront Judging) [Concluded]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"Gabbleblotchit! The rail is still a shade too rich for my blood. I think the carraige is the way to go. As wonderful as your steeds are, I'm sure, they would be too fine for the likes of me. I'd be lucky to afford a swarm of rats to drag me from place to place..."

Seeing the shifty nature of Meksoor (and perhaps the light nature of his belt pouch), Balnibar adds, "Would if make sense if someone acted as treasurer for the group as we make our way to our destination? Pooling our purchasing power should be to all our benefit."

IcyCool

First Post
"I will cover the cost of the carriage for the trip, for all of us." Aidan offers. "And if you like, I'll volunteer to act as a temporary treasurer for our little group."

Anti-Sean

First Post
Meksoor swallowed hard, the reddish skin of her face darkening further with discomfort. "My thanks to you both, you are most generous. I shall repay my debts as soon as I am able."

Jarik

First Post
"I could not let you pay for my passage, though I thank you for the offer. However, I am certainly amenable to your acting as treasurer for the group - Paladins do gain a certain endorsement afterall..."

Jarik hands over the gp for the fare.

"Well let us make haste, mosters do not kill themselves..."

OOC: Depending on whether Meksoor wants a loan Jarik handed over either 8 or 16 gp. Just let me know Anti-Sean.

Anti-Sean

First Post
Jarik said:
OOC: Depending on whether Meksoor wants a loan Jarik handed over either 8 or 16 gp. Just let me know Anti-Sean.

OOC: She's not happy about either option, but a debt to be repaid seems like it'd rankle her pride less than what she sees as charity given to her. I'd guess she'd go with Jarik's loan.

IcyCool

First Post
OOC: Unless I misinterpreted Patlin's post, the carriage ride the whole way will cost 8.5 gp for the whole party. That's 1.7gp each.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Yes, Icycool has it right. I may be interpreting it wrong, but I'm sticking to my guns.

After working out the details, the party is able to hire a carriage to take them up to the scene of the monster attacks. The countryside of Breland is very beautifull, and your journe is a peacefull one. The carriage takes you up to one of the farms that has been attacked, and the farmers are glad to see you.

"So someone did respond to the king's reward offer! We weren't sure if anyone would, and we sure are glad to see you. That thing has killed our milk cow, destroyed our barn, scattered our horses and it almost got some of our farm hands before they managed to lock themselves in the storm cellar. It's a big sucker, and arrows don't seem to do anything to it. 'Bout the only good news I've got for you is it doesn't fly all that well... moves as if it were carrying a load of bricks."

Jarik

First Post
"My commiserations on your loss sir. Allow me to ensure you, and your fellows, that we will end this monstrosities egregious threat. Might we entreat you to provide a detailed description of this beast, or direct us towards someone who can? Forewarned is, afterall, forarmed. We will also need to discern the beasts location. Your assistance in this endevour would be most appreciated?"

OOC: Intelligence 18...*sigh*.

Patlin

Explorer
Jarik said:
OOC: Intelligence 18...*sigh*.

ooc: I do the same thing with Anvuss's vocabulary, but IRL I've decided it's even smarter to be understood... don't feel you can't use simple words when you want to! ;)

Patlin

Explorer
"Well, it's shaped sort of like a dragon, but it seems to be dead -- smells awfull. In terms of finding it, if we let the other farms know you're here, they'd be sure to send a runner the moment it turned up. Is that what you were asking?"

Remove ads