• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Zombie Hunt (Bront Judging) [Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
"You're a Dragonmarked Heir? Really? Well, I suppose House Tharashk's credit has always been good... the ranch doesn't need the services of the finders guild at the moment, but I suppose we could work something out. I'd definitely need to collect the fee, but I suppose we could do without the security normally required for light riding horses as a favor to another house. Someone from house Vadalis is bound to need something from Tharashk eventually."

Jarik

First Post
"Is there perhaps a couch service that passes the outlying farms in the region? Alas fear some of our group may not have the resources to rent your fine steeds. We are engaged upon a mission of some importance, and lives may well be lost if we are tardy..."

OOC: 3 cp per mile seems much more doable than just under 20 gp, even if its 100 miles that's only 3 gp.

Patlin

Explorer
After discussing where exactly you are heading, the shopkeeper mentions that there is a lightning rail station about 65 miles to the north, and that house Orien can provide local transportation from there.

IcyCool

First Post
OOC: Sorry, I was gone for the holiday weekend. Just a quick post to let you know I'm alive and kicking. Also, feel free to NPC Aidan if I'm non-responsive and you want to move on.

Aidan remains quiet as Jarik does the negotiating.

Patlin

Explorer
The lightning rail, at 5 sp per mile per persion, will cost 32 gp, 5 sp each. The carriage costs 2 gp divided amongst the party. A carriage the whole way is also possible, but will take longer, at a cost of 8.5 gp for the whole party.

Anti-Sean

First Post
Meksoor appeared flustered, stammering out through clenched teeth. "I was... unaware that we would have to pay so much for transportation. I did not bring enough coin with me."

Damn! You have shown weakness in front of them already. This behavior is completely unacceptable.

Jarik

First Post
"I fear that the Lightening rail will prove prohibitively expensive. Might I suggest a carriage, we should not loose much time.... Meksoor I would be happy to lend you the fare, we shall either triumph and be rewarded, or die - in which case you may consider any debt null and void."

He quirks an eyebrow at the Hobgoblin quizically, as he reaches for his purse.

Last edited:

Remove ads