Zombie Hunt (Bront Judging) [Concluded]

Jarik

First Post
Jarik hops into the cab and says to the group in general,

"This should prove to be a most interesting departure from my studies. Afterall, they do say there are things in life one may not learn comprehensively from a book!"

He does not seem overly convinced of the validity of the last assertion.

Patlin

Explorer
Once everyone is in the car and the cabbie has had a chance to look over the certificate, he launches the skycab into the air. The towers of sharn fly by on either side of the cab, and eventually receed behind you, as the skycab brings you to the very edge of the city.

"It's not safe to take the cab any further, mates. That shop over there belongs to the ranch. Talk to their agent, he'll see you the rest of the way."

There are a dozen horse hitches outside the shop.

EternalSword

First Post
Shearan gets out of the cab the instant it touches down. "Hmm. If the monster attacks are 85 miles from Sharn, we are going to need to get some horses to get there at a decent speed."
He turns to Jarik. "Oh, by the way, Jarik, please don't tell me this is going to be your first time in real combat. There's a big difference between knowing how to do something in theory and being able to pull it off in a fight. Oh, well. Let's get some horses."

Jarik

First Post
Jarik gives Shearen a crooked half smile as he steps out of the skycab.

"Ah, when you say in combat... Ha, well, I suppose I have immolated a foe or two in my time, if that is what you mean. However, I have somewhat neglected the physical in favor of the arcane and metaphysical, and thus my contribution shall be delivered from a discrete distance. I am of course more than prepared to deliver the odd crossbow bolt, in addition to searing bolts of eldritch energy."

He strides purposefully over to the shop looking for the agent, and enters.

Patlin

Explorer
"Customers! Welcome!" The shopkeeper greets you enthusiastically.

"Are you arriving in Sharn, or departing? We offer stabling services, and we also have many kinds of excellent mounts available for purchase or rental. Riding horses, war horses, magebred animals and even a limited supply of more exotic mounts such as Valenar riding horses and griffins. We'll be happy to transport your existing mounts to the ranch for stabling, or to provide a complimentary carriage ride to the ranch so you can view the animals you wish to purchase."

Jarik

First Post
"We leave on a quest to engage a flying creature which has been plagueing outlying farmsteads, perhaps you have read about it in the papers? If you have any knowledge of such a creature of course it would aide our quest immesurably...

For myself I seek an equine with a mild temperment - my riding skills having, regrettably, never been cultivated. What price for the rental of such a beast, might I enquire?"

Patlin

Explorer
"Our rental program requires a fee of 1/4th the animals purchase price in cash, and security in either cash or goods at least equal to the remaining value of the animal."

He gives you a pamphlet explaining the prices, which correspond to the prices listed in the rulebooks.

EternalSword

First Post
OOC: Um, Patlin, I just checked the character sheets, and less than half the party can afford the rental without leaving something essential as collateral. Shearan and Meksoor can't afford it period. I'm assuming light horses here.

Patlin

Explorer
EternalSword said:
OOC: Um, Patlin, I just checked the character sheets, and less than half the party can afford the rental without leaving something essential as collateral. Shearan and Meksoor can't afford it period. I'm assuming light horses here.

ooc: I'm pretty sure everyone would prefer to ride than walk, and the poor benighted villagers would rather be rescued sooner than later, but I'm not insisting you acquire horses. Of course, if you come up with a clever way to do it, more power to you. :)

Jarik

First Post
"Sadly I find myself unable to cover such a cost. However might I suggest an exchange of service? I am fortunate enough to bear the Dragonmark of House Tharask, and am thus capable of identifying any magical objects you might have aquired, you might even sell this service to one of your guests. This spell has a material component of 100gp, which any Wizard will be happy to confirm. If that is not acceptable perhaps you might make a suggestion for delay might cost the lives of innocent people. Lives I for one would not wish on my conscience..."

Remove ads