Part 1: The Forgotten Forge (Knight Otu judging) [Concluded]

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=RA & his crazy theories]Yup I did, but I didn't think they were that cloak and dagger. Guess it was the nice bit of noir that Mr. Baker interjected.

Lord V? *whistles innocenly* not telling :)[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Me and my crazy theories]Yeah, well I know something is up with him because he caused trouble for our cheating cleric at the drinking contest (I helped him cheat by suggesting the cleric cast Delay Poison, thus ignoring the drinks until later).

Still can't be as funny as Drakthar's Way--

Adventure Start: "Mr Skeletor-Guard-Captain, it is clear to me that Cauldron is under attack by a vampire. We'll take care of the vampire for you and be back tomorrow." "A vampire? Are you sure? I don't know..." "Yes, a vampire."

Later: "Alcyone, why did you tell him it was a vampire? We don't actually have any clues at all except that scrawling on the wall in Goblin that said 'Long live Drakthar'. " "I don't know--seems like a vampire. Speaking of which--I've taken the liberty of buying everyone alchemical silver weapons. I've also prepared Magic Weapon so you can cut through a vampire's DR."

More Later: "Sir, here's the head of the vampire, as promised." "There actually was a vampire? It seems that I misjudged your investigative skills, my apologies."[/SBLOCK]

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=RA and those following this thread of conversation]haha metagaming at its best. I think you've already met Lord V if I remember from what I read of SCAP (which is only a few of the adventures). How far along are you now?[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Conversation Line]That was not metagaming :p. If you mean the magic silver, my character's entire shtick is that she collects 'Dark Knowledge' on how to beat undead, demons, etc (she's an Archivist, remember?), so she knows magic silver is what you use on vampires (her Kn: Religion is something like +16). If you mean the vampire theory, her conspiracy theories are a fun personality trait. It was just a fluke that this one didn't involve halflings--she thinks all halflings are not to be trusted, as they are usually thieves, scoundrels, chaotic, and/or evil, probably all of the above. Also, she's a halfling. She thought the old halfling who runs the orphanage was behind the kidnappings, for instance.

We just finished Flood Season (in a herculean effort to kill the whole dungeon without resting, which succeeded). Ironically, her theory that it was an insane and evil halfling who did it turned out to be part right this time. So we met Lord Vhalanthru in the Drinking Contest (which as I mentioned, turned out oddly because Lord V was also immune to poison--Alcyone was sure that the suspicious amulet was a periapt, but it wasn't somehow). And if by 'meet Lord V' you mean the beholder in the first adventure--well, Alcyone thinks so too ;)[/SBLOCK]

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=convo]no the vampire part, though with the full story I can see how it comes together. Amusing that it worked. I did remember the all halflings are evil and out to get us part though :)

and yeah I mean the end of the first adventure.[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Stulgar would like the Cure Moderate Potion if no one else claims it. If not, he wants the cure light. he'll take that instead of his share of the appropriate amount of cash.

[sblock=RA's Crazy Theories]From Stulgar's perspective, he was having trouble following where his sister was coming up with all those theories, So it put him in the awkward position of avoiding getting into discussions about it, which is mostly why he kept quiet. He wasn't sure how to protect his sister from her 'imaginary threat' (at least as he percieved it). It didn't help that he would have come in very late to the conversation many times.[/sblock]

OOC: Any chance Kharas will have time to craft a masterwork Battle axe? How much would he charge?

GwydapLlew

First Post
Bront said:
OOC: Stulgar would like the Cure Moderate Potion if no one else claims it. If not, he wants the cure light. he'll take that instead of his share of the appropriate amount of cash.

I'm fine with that; I would have taken both of the curative potions if no one else needed it, but Bront will probably need it more than I will. ;)

Now that I've survived a LEW adventure, I may just run one myself. :uhoh:

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Ok, so if I read that right then, and Stulgar gets the CMW, Del gets the CLW,

Stulgar:
682.21gp
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds (-120 GP (4/5ths of the selling price)

Del/Mordin:
782.21gp
Potion of Cure Light Wounds (-20 GP, 4/5ths of the selling price)

Anyone claiming anything else?

Erekose13

Explorer
Anyone care to share some constructive criticism on the game or my dming? I'm always open to improving and like to get feedback from my groups when I can.

Bront

The man with the probe
You need more origional material. This felt just like the adventure in the back of the ECS book :p

Other than that, it was pretty good. Ran smooth, kept going, and worked fairly well.

Remove ads