Part 1: The Forgotten Forge (Knight Otu judging) [Concluded]

Rystil Arden

First Post
stonegod said:
Weapon will take the money and run. ;) See you in the tavern!

Erekose: Are you running the whole series, or going to do something different?
He said he's going to do something different instead, so apparently pissing off Elaydren was not an issue :D

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Rystil Arden said:
He said he's going to do something different instead, so apparently pissing off Elaydren was not an issue :D
Hey, at least we didn't kill her. I've had PCs kill their employer more than once...

Rystil Arden

First Post
stonegod said:
Hey, at least we didn't kill her. I've had PCs kill their employer more than once...
Hey, that's more gold for them :D Seriously, though, I think that would have really screwed up the Shadows of the Last War track ;) Siobhan wouldn't have gone quite that far, but mysterious patrons are dangerous customers, and often duplicitous.

Velmont

First Post
Erekose13 said:
I'm asking how you'd read that cause my 2nd lvl character is going to be an artificer too and I was planning on spending all of my craft reserve to start. I'd prefer being able to create 6 spells on one scroll. But thats 6 chances to screw up the whole thing then right?

If you create 6 spells on one scroll, and let's say these 6 spells are the same, you'll need to emalute only once the spell as they are all on teh same item.

If you decide to create it on 6 different scroll, you'll need to emulate teh spell 6 times, as you have 6 different items.

I think personnaly, the first is better if you have many AP or if the scoll cost more. If you have 6 cure light wounds to do and no AP, go for 6 scrolls. It is better to go with 6 scrolls if you have few or no AP, as you have some chance to waste all spells.

By the way, I just read Infusion doesn't count for pre-requisit, so I need to roll EVEN for my repair light wounds scrolls. Here the rolls. I'll use AP on my last ditch effort if it is between 18 and 20:
- First scroll creation attempt: Failed 1st roll, Failed 2nd roll
- Second scroll creation attempt: Failed
- Third scroll creation attempt: Success
- Fourth scroll creation attempt: Success

Rystil Arden

First Post
That's correct--however, a scroll with multiple different spells on it requires several rolls, and one botch ruins the whole scroll. Thus, it is a very risky gamble to make one. However, since each scroll costs one craft day, even if it is only a 25 GP scroll, it may be worth the gamble if you are low on craft days.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Rystil Arden said:

Heh, I probably would have bowed out of that one. I DM'd part of that series for my group. Never got to the last part, my party decided it was more fun to rampage across Khorvaire instead.

Thanks for running this one, it was fun!

Erekose13

Explorer
Yeah I've DMed the whole line of them for my F2F group. I don't much like the last two. The first one is good, but they are all really really long for pbp games.

I think I'll run one from Dungeon Magazine at some point, though it is not really connected to this adventure at all.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Well, if we're never going to get to play them--someone tell me: Elaydren was really a spy / double-agent or something, right? Sometimes I get this sense, and sometimes my theories are totally wrong, but usually I'm at least on track, and I got the sense something was up with her.

Erekose13

Explorer
If any of you do get to play in these I don't want to ruin it. If you don't care, here is my responce to RA's question.

Spoiler:
In the original adventure series, sort of. She works for one of the factions in House Cannith, but says that she works for one of the other two. I didn't use that here or in my home game because I choose to leave the internal conflict of the house out of my games. So no were I to run all these she was not a spy or double agent. She really was a House Cannith honest-to-goodness benefactor.

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Erekose/Those Interested]But you kept all the flavour text and situations from the original adventure, I assume? Now that's sneaky--throwing off my conspiracy senses and then doing the old bait-and-switch :p :lol:

Then again, my theories are wrong enough on their own anyways. The amusing thing is how often they've been right in Shackled City. However, my crazy Archivist is sure to be wrong with her outlandish new theory that Lord Vhalanthru is a beholder (because he has a statue garden--anyone who has one of those is a monster with the Flesh to Stone ability :D)
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads