Part 1: The Forgotten Forge (Knight Otu judging) [Concluded]

Velmont

First Post
Erekose13 said:
So if you liquidated the totals it would be:
From Lady E: 2400gp (300 spent)
Accumulated Treasure: 2293.05gp

Ok, so if we split it equally between the 6 of us, we each end with: 732.17. That's exclude the 300 already spent that has anyway mostly.

If you want to buy back an item, just buy it at the shown price.

Spend:
masterwork heavy mace +156gp
Left gold: 576.17gp

I'll edit my post once i'll have chosen what items I want. Most likely a few scroll of repair damage and CLW, but maybe something else...

Velmont

First Post
GwydapLlew: Do you take both CLW and CMW potions?

All: OK, in that case, it will make:

Del/Mordin:
802.21gp

Kharas:
628.71gp
masterwork heavy mace (156gp)
light crossbow (17gp)
bolt x10 (0.5gp)

Akhi:
802.21gp

Siobhan:
382gp

Stulgar:
802.21gp

Weapon:
802.21gp

That exclude the 300 gp form the start that we use to buy our starting equipment. If someone want to add the remaining items and money in the share, tell it, but I personnaly think it will be ok like that.

Also, Kharas buy some artisan masterwork tools and will try to produce:
Scroll of
Repair Light Damage x4 (37.5 gp, 4 XP, 4 Craft Points)
Cure Light Wounds x8 (75gp, 8 XP, 8 Craft Points)
- First scroll creation attempt: Success
- Second scroll creation attempt: Failed
- Third scroll creation attempt: Failed
- Fourth scroll creation attempt: Failed
- Fifth scroll creation attempt: Failed
- Sixthscroll creation attempt: Success
- Seventh scroll creation attempt: Success
- Eigth scroll creation attempt: Success
Remove Fear x2 (18.75gp, 8 XP, 8 Craft Points)
- First scroll creation attempt: Failed
- Second scroll creation attempt: Success

EDIT: oops, all roll should have been done at +7. I miscalculate the bonus. +4 ranks, +1 Cha, +2 Tools

New total for Kharas:
From loot:
441.46gp
masterwork heavy mace (156gp)
light crossbow (17gp)
bolt x10 (0.5gp)

From item creation:
Scrolls: 131.25gp

From shopping:
Artificer Tools, mw (55 gp)
Bolt x10 (1gp)

Total Value: 802.21 gp

My calculation seems good

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Velmont, I am not sure that you have the crafting rolls/costs correct. From what I know a single scroll can hold up to 6 spells. If they are all 1st level the cost to you is 56.25gp, 6xp, 1 day. For each spell you want to create as an artificer you have to imitate the spell which is a DC 21 umd check. If you fail, you can try again once.

EDIT; note that you can also spend the last of you action points from first level if you have any on rolls that are close.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
and it looks like other than the days you got it... I just looked at your failed rolls and saw that you had the second chance in there. Note there was at least one you could've made with a craft check.

So other than number of days I think its all there.

Velmont

First Post
A scroll can contain more than a spell, but nothing prevent me to do six separates scrolls and one per day either. The only difference, it is I could risk all the scrolls in one roll, which looks like more than a all or nothing. But ocmbining it with the remaining AP, I must tell ti might worth it, I'll think of it next time I want to make an item.

Erekose13

Explorer
Very true, definitely nothing to stop you from creating them seperately. Though I believe that you have to make the check for each spell in the prerequisite. I wonder if in this case ruining one spell wrecks the whole thing. That'd suck.

The text says:
The artificer must make a successful Use Magic Device check (DC 20 + caster level) to emulate each spell normally required to create the item.

and

The artificer must make a successful check for each prerequisite for each item he makes. If he fails a check, he can try again each day until the item is complete. If he comes to the end of the crafting time and he has still not successfully emulated one of the powers, he can make one final check—his last-ditch effort, even if he has already made a check that day.

I'm asking how you'd read that cause my 2nd lvl character is going to be an artificer too and I was planning on spending all of my craft reserve to start. I'd prefer being able to create 6 spells on one scroll. But thats 6 chances to screw up the whole thing then right?

Rystil Arden

First Post
That's correct--you can either make 1 scroll with 1 spell in 1 day and make a single check, or take a chance and try to make 1 scroll with up to six spells and make up to six checks (with one failure resulting in botching the whole scroll). You can make just one check if all six are the same spell, though.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Weapon will take the money and run. ;) See you in the tavern!

Erekose: Are you running the whole series, or going to do something different?

Remove ads