Part 1: The Forgotten Forge (Knight Otu judging) [Concluded]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Weapon slumps forward some more. If the Shifter was an agent of entropy, the human was its kinsman. "The tome has no value to us, it was acquired as part of the Lady's original funded effort, and it an artifact of their house. I do not see why we wish to antagonize our employer or her very powerful house."

Velmont

First Post
The dwarf slowly shook his head. "I think it's fine like that. Give her back the book. Anyway, we can keep what we have taken from the Lord's of Blade minion. With this extra, I think it will be fine."

Rystil Arden

First Post
'Should I say something else now?'

'No, let them keep talking with Akhi. Sometimes you have to delegate.'

'What does that even mean?'

'I don't know, but it sounded wise, didn't it?'

'I guess so...What's with these people. Why do they want to keep working for someone like her who never tells the full story and wants mysterious and powerful magic for an unknown end, in exchange for pocket change?'

'Because they're greedy as all Dollurh. Akhi too, but he sees they're being ripped off.'

'Yes...it has to be win-win for the woman, doesn't it? She gives us a minor amount of gold to insure we don't try to find a better buyer and then offers us the amount she'd pay for a cheap wimpy enchanted sword to find a powerful magic item, knowing we'll get attacked by multiple goons who probably have more on them than she's offered in the first place.'

'Yep. Win-win. If we die, she doesn't pay anything. If we live, she gets her thingy and barely has to pay anything, and she can point to the spoils as proof that we still got a decent amount.'

'This adventuring business...it makes me feel dirty...Isn't there anyone in this vile city who still cares about helping people?'

'Probably not, girl. Learn to deal with it, learn to play their game, or you won't survive, any more than one of these city-goers would out in the wilds...'

'I know...'

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC] :lol: Siobhan is not that wise if she think Kharas have been in that for the money... since teh start, teh only thing that have attracted him was the warforged, and he want to work for the Cannith in hope to learn even more. He has a little obsession on these creatures, enough to have him turn himself into one :p Money in this adventure is just good side effect, and being almost kill is a bad side effect... [/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
"If the 600 extra was in payment for the book, then I think we can make a deal on that," Stulgar says, breaking his long and usuall silence. "And perhaps, if you come accross another such job, you will consider us in the future?"

'Future consideration should be worth something, as well as leaving in good terms with the woman. Why doesn't sis see that?' He thought to himself.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Ahki looks back and forth between the woman and the others as he attempts to gauge how the conversation is going. He looks loathe to give up the book without securing something for it in addition to what she's offered, but also worried the woman with withdraw the additional money altogether if she decides the book isn't worth the effort now that she has the secrets from the depths. He sees now that most of the others are siding with the woman. With a grimace he says, "The book has no value to us, and the metal men wanted the plate, not the book, so it is useless to anyone else but you. We can give it to you in trade. We would expect in turn that should you have any future need of our strengths you will seek us out first."

She will gain power from that plate, and as her star rises we.. I will be there to rise with it. A profit down the road is better than no profit today. The tribe of Orien, the House, spoke often of the long term view of the world. They said I would have to be aware of the future if I hoped to rise in power among them. One way or another, I will rise...

Erekose13

Explorer
"Perfect, these 210 Galifars for the book and the plate with additional consideration for future projects. I'll contact you via Sivis messenger should I have need of your services again." replies Elaydren. She will keep the bag of coins directly infront of her until both the book and the plate are on the table.

Velmont

First Post
"Seems fine with me." and push the plate without more consideration, as it seems the opinion of the majority... but not everyone think Kharas as his eyes pass over Siobhan. He didn't know how to consider her now, lunatics or insightfull... probably both he decides.

Erekose13

Explorer
Elaydren smiles, "Then I believe that our business is concluded for today. Thank you very much for undertaking this quest for me. House Cannith will not forget. I shall endeavour to continue Provost Geldem's research now that I have both his journal and the piece. I'll take your warning under advisement and keep this from the hands of that Lord of Blades." She moves the bag of coin further out onto the table and collects the two items in a piece of cloth.

Remove ads