Part 1: The Forgotten Forge (Knight Otu judging) [Concluded]

GwydapLlew

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"The Provost was working with her, not for her. Also, she said 'You answered my messenger regarding the Provost's murder, so I'm assuming that you'd like more information. But yes my interest is in the journal. Were I to find it I'd be willing to pay for it'. So far she has not. I don't see how it gets simpler than this?"

For a species barely past the back-scratching developmental stage, this shifter was amazingly literal. Mordin turns and very calmly offers a snaggled-tooth smile to their patron. "I do be apologizin' for the inconvenience, ma'am. Where you interested in the acquis'tion o' th' Provost's journal?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Weapon's puzzled looks continued. There was something... incorrect... about the shifter's statement, but he could not put his thoughts on it. He shrugged again. Things were simpler in the Last War, that was for sure.

Rystil Arden

First Post
'Yes! Go Siobhan! See that, we wowed them all with our dazzling intellect!'

'Yeah, but it is so hard to try to use these hard facts instead of just my feelings. Are you sure we did well?'

'Are you kidding? That was great! Even Mordin and Weapon are impressed--just need to act smarter, that's all.'

'Do you think people will listen more then if I put on some spectacles and carry around a book?'

'Hey! I bet that would definitely make you look smart--good call.'

Velmont

First Post
As the other argue between themselves, Kharas truns toward the lady. "I must tell warforged are a marvelous creation, even if they can be troublesome as the one we met. I have taken a look at that schema, but my knowledge is far too thin, but one thing is sure, there is other pieces. If you need help to recover them, I woud be willing to help you."

Bront

The man with the probe
The discussion went right over Stulgar's head, for the most part. Some part of him felt the book belonged to the house already, but if it had not been negotiated for earlier, then he guessed his sister was correct. Still, he wondered why his sister was negotiating for more money when she had agreed to split her payment from the woman with the rest of the group.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Ahki smiles at the sight of the platinum coins, seeing his fortunes taking a turn for the better. When talk turns to the matter of the journal he speaks out. "The girl is right, the money covers our shed blood recovering your valuable metal plate. We killed many metal men who sought it as well. The secrets from your metal plate will give you power and wealth in your House. The trade is good for you.
We took the book from the dead man however. It has powers, it opened hidden secrets in the building deep underground, and it is valuable. If you want it as well, we can talk of a trade."

Erekose13

Explorer
"I apologize for the confusion, I had intended the extra 600 gold coins to be payment for both items and a job well done. If you'd prefer, I'll remove that from the current offer and we can discuss the journal. I am not sure that it is worth that amount now though." replies Elaydren. She had not expected such resistance and while she had been thinking along the lines of what Kharas had indicated, she was rethinking it now.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Weapon sighed. Just his luck. It was the way of things to go from good to poor, and apparently the Shifter spirits were agents of entropy.

GwydapLlew

First Post
"I do be sorry that our furry friend here be so lackin' in social graces as t' not unnerstan your wishes. I do be thinkin' that th' group o' us would very much like t' have you take the journal." The dwarf's beady eyes shift to each of the others in turn. If there is no resistance from anyone other than Siobhan, then the deal should be good.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Velmont said:
As the other argue between themselves, Kharas truns toward the lady. "I must tell warforged are a marvelous creation, even if they can be troublesome as the one we met. I have taken a look at that schema, but my knowledge is far too thin, but one thing is sure, there is other pieces. If you need help to recover them, I woud be willing to help you."

"He speaks truth, he found it was one piece of a larger whole. We had to kill three of the metal men all who sought that plate. No doubt they will not cease to hunt for it, especially now that it is in the hands of, as they put it, "weak flesh". Possessing the plate will be dangerous. We could offer up the book to you in exchange for something, say a retainer for our services should you need us in the future."

Remove ads