• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Part 1: The Forgotten Forge (Knight Otu judging) [Concluded]

Rystil Arden

First Post
"If you mean the journal, it belonged to Mr. Geldam before his spirit called to me to retrieve it. Its power has revealed itself to us in ways it did not for Ms. d'Vown. I would say it is better off with Kharas than anywhere else, so he can continue to study it. If you need it, though, Ms. d'Vown, I guess maybe you could talk to Akhi about a price--he's been itching to do some negotiating, I think."

(OOC: Touche LN Warforged, Touche. But NG Shifter FTW)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Weapon makes that odd gesture with the top of his cranial plating indicating perplexity. "It is my understanding that the journal was on loan to us after our previous agreement to give it to Lady d'Vown---and thus our original 300 Galifar payment. Said 'spirit' of the deceased Provost had made not comment then, assuming the existence of such as we have discussed previously. Thus, the fee has already been negotiated and the owning party is our employer to my understanding." The warforged shrugs.

OOC: Watch, boy's and girls, the duel of the low Charisma'd. (I think Weapon's going to be pwnded. ;))

GwydapLlew

First Post
"Why do this be an issue?" Mordin's face clouds over in a bulbous scowl as he looks at the shifter. "Lass, ye have proven to be a few widgets shy of a gear. Explain t'me where something that was the prop'ty of House Cannith should nae return to House Cannith?"

He looks to the lady and shrugs in a she's a shifter, what do you expect manner. "We cannae take her anywhere."

((OOC: Let's try frustrated Neutral Greedy rogue on for size. :p))

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Weapon, the exact agreement was 'I offer you one thousand gold pieces and the good will of my house if you recover the schema and return it to me.' It was later raised to 1800, and now to 2100. The 300 was just cash up front, and nowhere was it mentioned that the journal was to be given away. The spirit led us to that journal, and it must have helped us unlock the additional pages. If Miss d'Vown wants the journal, she can talk to Akhi."

*Then after Mordin adds more.*

"Because it is not theirs, Mordin. If Geldem wanted Miss d'Vown to have it, his spirit would have led her there instead of me. Or do you also plan to seek out the Lord of Blades to return his sword?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Weapon makes the frowning motion again. "However, the Provost was in the employ of Lady d'Vown to retrieve said journal for her, as she stated earlier. Thus, the Provost---and by extension any spirit entity which may or may not exist---did not have any more claim to it than you do."

GwydapLlew

First Post
((OOC - D'oh! I got my games confused and thought that the Provost was from House Cannith. :eek: ))

"Th' lady has been kind enough to cover all 'our expenses, above an' beyond what we agreed t'. Since we all bled fer the thing, then I don' be seeing why one of us - or two of us - gets t' make th' decision fer all of us." Why must she make everything so complicated?

Rystil Arden

First Post
"The Provost was working with her, not for her. Also, she said 'You answered my messenger regarding the Provost's murder, so I'm assuming that you'd like more information. But yes my interest is in the journal. Were I to find it I'd be willing to pay for it'. So far she has not. I don't see how it gets simpler than this?"

(OOC: Because she doesn't like or trust Elaydren ;) Also, this time she's technically correct--Elaydren offered to pay for the journal but then forgot about it and paid for the schema to be recovered)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: :lol: I know--if Siobhan had more Int or diplomatic knowhow, she'd have grabbed them somewhere else immediately, but I thought it was much funnier this way. Just the fact that Weapon and Mordin are willing to claim the journal is already Elaydren's definitely does not help in negotiations :eek:)

Remove ads