The Crux of the Matter

Erekose13

Explorer
Thankful that Ashnar has found the stoneskin, Tenebrynn does his part to scoup up magic items for later. At the deck he stares hard before deciding to take a card or two.

ooc: damn how can I resist that one. I've included that little magic item in so many of my games. T takes 2 :) *crosses fingers* Not Donjon!

Velmont

First Post
OOC: ME it's the first time I would have teh chance to see the deck into action. RA, are you using the version in teh SRD or another one?

Ironically, the Donjon card could save Tenebrynn live. Stuck in a temporal stasis of the imprisonement spell, Rinaldo and cie could come back later with a powerfull mage (if we can find one) and free Tenebrynn of that spell and then cast teh restoration... but finding the wizard that could free you, that would be hard!

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Actually I'm not using that version--mine is cooler and usually less dangerous. Knowing that, Tenebrynn can draw more, since I'm nice--he didn't draw anything too exciting. I've realised also that it isn't in my ability to enforce some of these well since its LEW, but you can write these effects on your character sheet and remind other GMs.)

*Tenebrynn draws the following cards: The first has a blindfolded female figure balancing two swords upon her shoulders beneath a new moon; behind her is a turbulent sea. The second is reversed, but it features a dejected figure with a pilgrim's staff leaving eight neatly stacked cups behins and trudging up a moonlit mountain in the distance.*

(OOC: Effects--All those who already know Tenebrynn except bitter enemies (friends, associates, acquaintances etc) increase their regard for him by one step towards Helpful. Also, after this adventure (and if he lives through the adventure this may actually be appropriate!) while resting for the next adventure, he becomesa boisterous sybarite. As soon as it is safe to do so, he spends at least 8% of his total wealth on grand feasts, carousels, orgies, debauchery, and wild parties about which stories will be told for years to come.)

Velmont

First Post
OOC: It's seems more interesting effects and less drastic... also, I like just to see instead of: Tenebrynn lose 8% of your gold without a reason, seeing Tenebrynn pay for a feast... you know what, Rinaldo will draw two cards too.

And for people who know Tenebrynn, just warned Manzanita, and that will be the large majority of people he met in adventures :p

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: wee cool. okay I'll take the other 2 cards too. I gotta say that this adventure has made me rp Tenebrynn in a multitude of new ways. Adding more just makes it more fun :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Ooo, you drew a major arcana, the Emperor, and you're Lawful--yay for you!)

*Tenebrynn's final two cards:*

*Regal and fathery, an Emperor sits upon his throne, with open spaces surrounding him to represent his domain. He wears royal robes, and in his hands he bears a scepter and an orb of rulership. His crown is simple but majestic. He is the active principle, the ruler of the visible material world through law.*

*An opulently-dressed figure, probably a merchant, gives money to the distressed from a balance or scales, giving out of goodness of heart from present wealth and plenty.*

(OOC: Effects--the Emperor gives you a +2 bonus to Charisma. If this does not raise your Charisma above 18, the bonus is unnamed like a stat raise. Anything in excess of 18 is an inherent bonus, which stacks with other inherent bonuses from Deck draws but not with later Wishes, as usual. In your case, it will be unnamed, and Charisma is helpful right now. How lucky! The other one is going to result in you getting something soon--you'll know it when it happens. Because the card symbolises good will and giving, you're going to want to find a good cause to donate at least half of the extra stuff given to you by the card or else karma will come back to bite you somehow)

(OOC2: Glad this has had some fun RP--I have to say I was afraid that a site-based dungeon adventure might be too boring)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Alright, now Rinaldo)

*Rinaldo draws only two cards. The first looks impressive like Tenebrynn's Emperor card--a solemn, angelic figure, with a flower emblem on its forehead, pours a fluid from one of a pair of different coloured chalices to the other; behind the figure are growing plants, and distant hills. The second shows an artist happily carving out a pentacle. Other completed examples are racked neatly nearby.*

(OOC: Alright, the first one is called Temperance, it's also a major arcana. You get a permanent +2 bonus (same deal as Tenebrynn's where it is unnamed unless you go over 18) to Wisdom or Intelligence, whichever is lower. In exchange, you permanently lose 1 to whichever is higher. So Wisdom is now 12 and Int 15 I believe (don't worry, it won't retroactively affect skill points). You can never restore the lost point of Int except by a carefully worded Wish or similar magic, which will eliminate the bonus to Wisdom as well.

The other one is more effective if you are low level, as it signifies humble work, craftmanship, and skill. For Rinaldo, he gains 150 XP)

Velmont

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC2: Glad this has had some fun RP--I have to say I was afraid that a site-based dungeon adventure might be too boring)

Boring? No, hard thinking, stressfull, interesting could all apply. Boring, not yet... and my cards? (I guess I'll regret that draw, but that's the fun of it :p )

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Oh damn... I love my precious Int point, but I won't pay 25k to gain it back... that mena I'll need to wait to level 12 to gain it back... oh well!

Remove ads