The Crux of the Matter

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Well if you had drawn four like a reckless little merchant, you might have drawn a card that raises Int as well ;) I have to say this party has pretty good Int all around, except Hogarth.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Oh, I usually don't explain the effects of the cards this much, but you might need to know for a later GM, so I should say--Velmont, your Temperance card has one additional effect--because of good temperance of your intellect and wisdom, the next time you are going to injure a companion through carelessness or ill-timing (which might happen under my watch or it might not), either the companion is unharmed due to an automatic success on a roll, or the GM should warn you of the consequences before you take the harmful action (whichever seems appropriate) )

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Overall, Rinaldo will lose 3 skills points if he gains his Int back at level 12... but I wanted to raise my Dex, it will have to wait... I must say I am not sure what I'll do with Rinaldo once he will be leevl 10, but I might want to gain one level to a class that can give me detect magic and read magic... that card just open me the door to some divine class :p But I still think the best would be going for bard.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Hmm...I dunno--dipping in Bard will lose you even more skill points and what do you really gain for it? I guess a weak Inspire Courage and a few cantrips. Aren't you taking Trader, or is that done after 10? As to the card, well getting +2 to one stat and -1 to another, plus negating your next flub-up that'll harm an ally isn't too bad. There are certainly worse cards in there. And there are better (The Magician is excellent for Ashnar, Tenebrynn, or Laynie) )

Velmont

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Hmm...I dunno--dipping in Bard will lose you even more skill points and what do you really gain for it? I guess a weak Inspire Courage and a few cantrips. Aren't you taking Trader, or is that done after 10?)

OOC: After 10th level. I can either continue with Rogue, but as a magical item trader, I think to have access to read magic and detect magic would be interesting. Bard allow it, give me access to Bardic Knowledge (not very high, but still interesting), give me a nice amount of skill and still have access to most social skill where Rinaldo perform well. The bardic song is not that great, but it can be use in combat, so not that bad. On teh side, it also allow Rinaldo to use a wand of CLW in case Hogarth fall...

But now, cleric could also be interesting. I was also looking at all those Psionic clases depedning on how the transperency rule apply here... I still have some time to think, and it would most probably be only a level, so it can even wait later.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Ah, that's all true I guess. Telepath is never a bad choice, and it even keeps social skills, which is a plus. Attraction is a nice boon to social skills (+2 or more to Cha-based checks by making them attracted to you) if you can get them to fail the save. That's funny--there's actually a card that Tenebrynn was one off from drawing that gives you a religious epiphany--that could have helped Rinaldo decide if he drew it :lol: If you're already a Cleric, that card is extremely useful too. Speaking of Clerics, Hogarth can draw if he likes.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Only two for both your characters--coward :p Oo, and he also got one major arcana)

*Hogarth's first card has an angel sounding forth a call for Judgment from a trumpet to which is attached a banner bearing a symbol of Gundar; the swirling vortex of earth from which it emerges symbolises power. Below, a figure rises from a tomb while on each side a man and woman also rise; all these figures are as one in the wonder, adoration, and ecstatic awe which their whole bodies express as they answer the summons.*

*His second card features a youth brandishing a staff rom the top of a hill confronting six additional wands in opposition.*

(OOC: So the wand one is very useful--next time you guys are facing overwhelming odds, all party members are going to get a +4 morale bonus to Initiative, +1 morale bonus to AC, and a +1 morale bonus to all saves.

The Judgment I need your help--has Hogarth been strictly following the tenets of his faith? Whether or not he has, he is rejuvenated slowly over the course of the next day to Young Adult age (the age listed in the PH as the base starting age for his race). If he has indeed been strictly following his tenets, he gains an additional benefit of +7 to his maximum HP with his new body rejuvenated with life energy, but this is capped by what he might have possibly rolled (in other words, it can't raise it to more than if he had rolled 8 for every Hit Dice, which shouldn't be a problem) )

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashnar thinks that it is foolish to meddle with a chaotic item like this card deck, but he won't stop his companions from doing so - if they don't want to heed his and the aspects' earlier warnings regarding the item, it is their problem. After the fact, though, for some reason he simply cannot think of Tenebrynn as foolish for trying this. Rather, he takes some quick looks around the laboratory for other interesting items.

Remove ads