Goblins in the Cellar (Bront judging)

JRYoung

First Post
OOC: Wik, are you still with us? We'd like to have the roster set for chapter 2.

The four of you proceed to the stairs, just start to ascend, when you hear something at the front door.

"Ah, things seem well in hand here, good. Have they all fled?" asks Farrian as he enters with two men right behind him. "Everything has been quiet for awhile so we thought it safe to come in."

Farrian's companions both have shortbows out, one immediately goes to a lamp on the wall and starts lighting it. The other stays near Farrians flank looking around cautiously, shortbow ready. Farrian eyes your handiwork with the Worg and grins with satisfaction.

Velmont

First Post
"The first floor seems safe. Two have escaped by an hidden tunnel in the north-western, we are making sure the others have escaped and are not hidding. At least, there dog won't bother anyone anymore."

JRYoung

First Post
"Well done, and no casualties so far, I knew you six were up to the task" replies Farrian. Two more people enter the room behind Farrian, a half-elf male with a drawn short sword and a human female with a readied shortbow. Farrian's "crew" are very efficiently taking note of each doorway in the foyer.

"An escape tunnel you say, I'll bet they are half way to the Lower Wards already, ha ha ha. Goblin Scum" Farrian comments with a sneer. "I don't think it will be necessary to sweep the top floor, I'll bet there was a trap door or something down to the escape tunnel. We have things in hand here thanks to you. Here is what I want you to do: take your payment and exit through the escape tunnel. Make sure they did not stop in the tunnel, and are not coming back through it to attack. We are going to lock down the house."

"If you see no more sign of the Curs consider this a job well done. Very well?"

Farrian produces a small sack and starts pulling out coin purses from it, tossing one to each of you.

Velmont

First Post
Benedict takes his purse of coins and take a look at teh content. If the amount is right, he put it at his belt and asks Farrian. "You bet there is a trap door? What do you mean? You aren't even aware of the exit of your own buidling?"

Redclaw

First Post
Justice wonders at the change in orders and tries to ascertain their employers motivations. [sblock=ooc](sense motive check, 1d20+3=10 ) Dang. If it were any higher I'd action point it.[/sblock]

Shrugging, he pulls the note out of his pocket. We found this on the table in one of the rooms. It seems to refer to something happening tomorrow.

JRYoung

First Post
Velmont said:
Benedict takes his purse of coins and take a look at teh content. If the amount is right, he put it at his belt and asks Farrian. "You bet there is a trap door? What do you mean? You aren't even aware of the exit of your own buidling?"

OOC: the amount is right, 100gp is in the pouch.

"Two months ago when the Goblins invaded there was no escape tunnel" Farrian responds to Benedict's question. "Why don't you show us what they've done".

JRYoung

First Post
Redclaw said:
Justice (sense motive check, 1d20+3=10 )

Shrugging, he pulls the note out of his pocket. We found this on the table in one of the rooms. It seems to refer to something happening tomorrow.

OOC: Justice cannot pick up any hint of deception from Farrian.

Farrian reads the note handed to him by Justice. "Damn sneaky Goblins are up to no good, you can be sure of that. Hey Thrieve, you ever hear of anyone called the Master Maker?" The man flanking him shakes his head. Turning back to Justice: "It sounds to me like these Goblins are in way over their heads. Seventh Tower is one of the richest shopping districts in the city, security will be very tight there. Those scum won't even make it off the lift."

"OK, let's go to the tunnel now."

JRYoung

First Post
OOC: what I forgot in the last post (#187) was a request for Sense Motive checks. Justice post another one please to get a read on his reaction to the note. Benedict, Jezira, and Braiden post two please, the first for his story about knowledge of the tunnel and the second on reading a reaction to the note.

OOC: Crummy checks don't completely tie your hands, of course. It merely is a mechanic to gain more information about what is going on in the game world. Over doing it would be known at "meta-gaming", we want to aviod that but role-playing has a place in this as well.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]1st Sense Motive: 21
2nd Sense Motive: 12

I'm happy to have put some rank in Sense Motive, it is exactly teh reason why, to make sure the employeer doesn't manipulate him too much. And Benedict really have some difficulty to see that the goblin took time to build an underground passge and other trap door or that the employeer have waited two month to hire some mercenary... Benedict is suspicious, but the only thing, it is will he care about all that?[/SBLOCK]

JRYoung

First Post
Velmont said:
[SBLOCK=OOC]1st Sense Motive: 21
2nd Sense Motive: 12

I'm happy to have put some rank in Sense Motive, it is exactly teh reason why, to make sure the employeer doesn't manipulate him too much. And Benedict really have some difficulty to see that the goblin took time to build an underground passge and other trap door or that the employeer have waited two month to hire some mercenary... Benedict is suspicious, but the only thing, it is will he care about all that?[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=BENEDICT ONLY]
Benedict is sure that Farrian's story about the tunnel not being there two months ago must just be fast thinking. It does not add up to him, and the tunnel does not seem that fresh besides. You get no read off him one way or another regarding the note however.
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads