Important! Interview opportunity - what do you want to know about the GSL?

JohnRTroy

Adventurer
Is it possible you could show us the final list of questions you asked before we receive the answers?

That might help temper the anticipation that "threatens to crack the Internet in half", or something like that. ;)

GRIMJIM

First Post
It would be super if we could get something up tomorrow as I'm off to the south of France for a long weekend Thursday and won't be able to relax on my first holiday in years if we don't know more.

Cheers.

(Yeah, the world revolves around my needs :p )

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Unfortunately, folks, I have some bad news.

WotC has elected not to go forward with the interview, in favour of a formal Q&A on their own site.

For those interested, I have attached the list of questions we sent to them.

[Edit - I've just received clarification from WotC on their intentions (apparently there was a misunderstanding via email earlier today) - they do intend to answer all of the questions, some of which will be exclusive to EN World and the rest of which will be addressed on both sites.]

Attachments

• GSL_interview.doc
    36.5 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:

Dark Mistress

First Post
Not reassuring, their inability to get out solid information is one of the things hurting them the most. And it seems every time they get a chance to get out some solid information they miss it. Frustrating to say the least, hopefully soon they will post their FAQ. I just hope it addresses all the questions and issues.

JohnRTroy

Adventurer
Ironically, I heard they were supposed to do one of these Q&A sessions in the near future--I think I remember something about a podcast. To be fair, they said they weren't releasing the GSL to everybody until June or July, IIRC.

I wonder if some of the wording of the questions scared them off. I personally would have re-written the term "poison pill" into something more neutral, since that terminology is (a) is probably not how WoTC sees it and (b) has an accusatory tone to it. (Although that might have slipped through, it looks like the gang worked hard to make it as neutral as possible).

Still, they really need to deal with this. I wrote in another thread about the "In Search With Stupidity" book. There was another story about dBase and how the company ended up shooting itself in the foot because their leader decided he was going to war with the ecosystem that developed around dBase. Soon everybody hated Ashton-Tate, xBase was formed, and it was ugly for the guy who was the engineer behind that strategy.

While I don't think WoTC is in the same situation yet, and the dBase system is more complex, Wizards have built up an ecosystem with the whole OGL/D20STL and they really need to address it.

xechnao

First Post
Morrus said:
Unfortunately, folks, I have some bad news.

WotC has elected not to go forward with the interview, in favour of a formal Q&A on their own site.

For those interested, I have attached the list of questions we sent to them.

Sorry guys. We did try! I'm as disappointed as I'm sure many of you are.

Nevertheless, I have to thank you for the effort.
I guess its up to Wizards and only Wizards from now on. I wonder if this turn of events is casual or just makes part of some kind of policy of theirs. Perhaps it wasn't unexpected.

Remove ads