Important! Interview opportunity - what do you want to know about the GSL?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Goobermunch said:
EDIT: Morrus, does that mean that they will be answering our questions in an interview here? And additional questions at their own site? Just want to be sure I understand what the current plan is.

I *think* (don't quote me on this in case I misunderstood again!) that the plan is to use all our questions, plus questions from their boards and perhaps elsewhere, and to put together a FAQ from them. Then that FAQ gets published on both sites, with us getting a few exclusive questions.

Mike_Lescault

First Post
Hi All,

You can blame me for the mix up. I've been hoping to get some questions answered from the community on multiple fronts, and I thought it would be a great idea to combine the GSL answers for both the Wizards and ENWorld communities. As a way of showing our appreciation for ENWorld and all the support the site has given to the community, we're going to provide some exclusive answers to Morrus. When we post the answers on the Wizards site, we'll also include a link to ENWorld so folks know where they can see all the answers.

I called Linae and yelled at her (well, not really. No one ever yells at Linae....and lives) and made sure we're all on the same page and I'm not some crazy fool who has no idea what he's talking about. I understand how her email and the timing of my request for questions could have been confusing. My bad!

-Mike

Orcus

First Post
Mike_Lescault said:
Hi All,

You can blame me for the mix up. I've been hoping to get some questions answered from the community on multiple fronts, and I thought it would be a great idea to combine the GSL answers for both the Wizards and ENWorld communities. As a way of showing our appreciation for ENWorld and all the support the site has given to the community, we're going to provide some exclusive answers to Morrus. When we post the answers on the Wizards site, we'll also include a link to ENWorld so folks know where they can see all the answers.

I called Linae and yelled at her (well, not really. No one ever yells at Linae....and lives) and made sure we're all on the same page and I'm not some crazy fool who has no idea what he's talking about. I understand how her email and the timing of my request for questions could have been confusing. My bad!

-Mike

Thanks Mike!

AZRogue

First Post
Mike_Lescault said:
Hi All,

-Mike

No big deal, especially now that we know what's going on. And thanks for the clarification "in person". It goes a long way. Much appreciated. :)

Jack99

Adventurer
Mike_Lescault said:
Hi All,

-Mike

Hey Mike, maybe I missed it somewhere in all the posts on this subject, but have you stated a tentative ETA yet, regarding the answers?

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Huh... I read this news and just assumed that WotC thought the questions were so good and so inclusive that they might as well just make them the official FAQ. Posting them on their own site made perfect sense.

Jack99 said:
Hey Mike, maybe I missed it somewhere in all the posts on this subject, but have you stated a tentative ETA yet, regarding the answers?
Don't you already know the answer to this? When they have all the answers is when it will be ready. Why waste Mike's time on a question you know the answer to?

Enkhidu

Explorer
Wulf Ratbane said:
Huh... I read this news and just assumed that WotC thought the questions were so good and so inclusive that they might as well just make them the official FAQ. Posting them on their own site made perfect sense.

I thought the same thing. I know that we make light of the signal to noise ratio in the Wizard's forums, but I can't help but get the feeling that WotC recognizes it too.

Jack99

Adventurer
jmucchiello said:
Don't you already know the answer to this? When they have all the answers is when it will be ready. Why waste Mike's time on a question you know the answer to?

Sarcasm? Aren't we getting a tad bold now?

Goobermunch

Explorer
jmucchiello said:

It's a legitimate question and a decent way of gauging how seriously Wizards is taking this. If this is a high priority, they'll have an answer soon. If this has already turned into enough of a PR nightmare and the answers are going to make things worse, they may not have the same motivation to provide the information.

That said, "soon" depends on the schedules of the individuals who need to provide input into the answers. A reasonable delay should be expected so that we can be sure we're getting correct answers.

--G

Remove ads