Important! Interview opportunity - what do you want to know about the GSL?

GMSkarka

Explorer
Thank you, Morrus and Piratecat, for your efforts.

....Jeez. Just when I thought there wasn't any possible way for WotC to further screw up this process, they have to go and prove me wrong.

Starman

Adventurer
This is starting to get ridiculous. While much of what I have seen of 4E hasn't appealed to me, I bore WotC no ill will and hoped that the new version would be successful for them, but I'm having a hard time feeling that way now. Their handling of this whole thing has been ludicrous. I can't be the only one feeling this way. I'm almost to a point of actively encouraging people I know to not adopt 4E because of this mess.

Hmm...

You know, while it would've been nice for ENWorld to get the scoop on this, I don't it's ultimately that important where the info comes out--as long as it does, and sooner rather than later.

As to whether this Q&A on the WotC site actually will fit those parameters, I of course can't say. But if this is basically just a change of venue, as opposed to a further delay or a "culling" of the questions, I'm okay with that.

GMSkarka

Explorer
Mouseferatu said:
But if this is basically just a change of venue, as opposed to a further delay or a "culling" of the questions, I'm okay with that.

Calling for a new batch of questions will almost certainly mean a further delay.

Plus, there's also the rather unpleasant possibilities this whole thing raises about WOTC's future attitude towards this site, vis-a-vis their own attempts to kick-start Gleemax.....

I mean, fer chrissakes -- THEY approached EN World with the interview idea. Once they had the questions, they opted instead to put forth a new call for questions on their own site?

No matter how you look at it, it's yet another PR screw-up in a staggeringly long chain of them.

nytflyr

First Post
Ive been following this with a bit amusement as I have no intention of purchasing 4.0, but to see poeple (consumers and potential partners) getting jerked around like this has swayed my neutral positioning on WotC into the negative.

Its really simple WotC, either have your answers ready, or dont release/say anything until you are ready to answer them.

Orcus

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
Hmm...

You know, while it would've been nice for ENWorld to get the scoop on this, I don't it's ultimately that important where the info comes out--as long as it does, and sooner rather than later.

As to whether this Q&A on the WotC site actually will fit those parameters, I of course can't say. But if this is basically just a change of venue, as opposed to a further delay or a "culling" of the questions, I'm okay with that.

I'm with Ari on this. And I know I may be labeled a Wizards apologist, but I truly feel that it doesnt matter where the info comes from. I can see a reason why they'd rather co-opt it to their own site. It makes sense. I would do that if I was them.

It seems like the frustration comes from the change of plan. And that can't be held against Wizards.

In my view, that just comes from the sincerity and earnestness of Scott Rouse. This is important to him, and he wants to clarify it. And if, in his exhuberance, he started going this way only to have Wizards decide to do it on their site, dont hold that against Scott or Wizards. If we bust on them for that, it will just encourage them to remain silent.

I'd rather have information and be updated and have a change of plans than have no information and thus no change of plans.

Clark

kensanata

Explorer
Orcus said:
If we bust on them for that, it will just encourage them to remain silent.

That's what I've been thinking as I was reading through all these pages of speculations. If I were them and wanted to have a decent family life I'd have to stop reading rant after rant. Whether those rants are justified or not doesn't even enter the equation: Just having to wade through the masses of comments would be a very inefficient use of my time.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've just received clarification from WotC on their intentions (apparently there was a misunderstanding via email earlier today) - they do intend to answer all of the questions, some of which will be exclusive to EN World and the rest of which will be addressed on both sites.

Goobermunch

Explorer
Morrus said:
I've just received clarification from WotC on their intentions (apparently there was a misunderstanding via email earlier today) - they do intend to answer all of the questions, some of which will be exclusive to EN World and the rest of which will be addressed on both sites.

And just as I start to lose faith in WotC, they do something to earn a stay of execution.

I'd seen their retraction earlier today, but hadn't had the chance to comment. When I saw it, I must say it felt like a bit of a betrayal. As someone who's been optimistically advising a wait and see approach, this smacks of bad news.

It may still be bad news, but at least they have the fortitude to answer the questions they've solicited.

EDIT: Morrus, does that mean that they will be answering our questions in an interview here? And additional questions at their own site? Just want to be sure I understand what the current plan is.

--G

Remove ads