di Senzio's Tournament: Road to Fallon [El Jefe Judging]

Velmont

First Post
Semabin first shot doesn't impress anyone. It hit the Indigo ring and it didn't neede much to miss the target. but he correct his shot and immitate Gelim, making two bullseye in a row. the crowd react well to Semabin last two shots. The hafling archer seems pretty at ease, and after hitting the bullseye once, he hit the yellow and green ring, allowing to position himself in third position. The seasoned elven archer seems to have difficulty with the wind, and he cannot immitate his first performence and only hit the three outer rings, barley beating the katara arcanist. The human archer hit the bulleyes once, but his two other shots are too off target, htting the outer rings, and end fifth by only a single point.

As Semabin return at his place Gelim nods at him. "Your two last shots was perfect. Look at your last arrw, not only it is touch the red bullseye, but you can barely see the feather, it seems you have hit the weak point of the target." Semabin take alook, and now the dawrf tell it, it is true, the arrow have not been stop by the target, and it is the feather who haev prevent the arrow to go through the target.

[SBLOCK=Score]Dwarven mercenary: 27
Semabin: 21
Halfing archer: 19
Halfing crossbowman: 15
Human archer: 14
Elven guard: 7
Elven seasoned archer: 6
Katara arcanist: 5[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
-=-=-= In the crowd =-=-=-

Nirassa arrive late at the contest. She sees that many the second round is already in progress. At least, she will be able to see the best of them. The katara feels the bite of the wind, and it doesn't seems to come to help the contestant, as many arrow deviate under some rush of wind.

She enters the crowd and find her way to the front. She has a good view. At a moment, you hear a voice familiar telling you. "It is a sad thing you finish second. My master is not the kind of man who liked to be disobeyed. If you had listen to me, you would be richer than what you won, and you would not have any problem..." Nirassa turns her head and see Trevor, the man who came visit her in her room before the archery contest.

-=-=-= On the field =-=-=-

The dwarf look at the scoreboard. "It seems it will be between you, me and these two halflings. I am surprise to see no elves. it seems there skills are quite good, but they practice too much in there forest, protected by the trees from teh wind. They should do like me, practice at the top of some moutains. The wind is strong. Are you a mercenary?" asks the dwarf.

Knight Otu

First Post
Velmont said:
The dwarf look at the scoreboard. "It seems it will be between you, me and these two halflings. I am surprise to see no elves. it seems there skills are quite good, but they practice too much in there forest, protected by the trees from teh wind. They should do like me, practice at the top of some moutains. The wind is strong. Are you a mercenary?" asks the dwarf.
"Yes, a bit of a surprise. The halflings are excellent shots. It's surprising that we don't much about halflings in Sairundan, considering that I heard that such ranged prowess isn't unusual among them. Though they're supposedly better throwers than archers. Mercenary? I guess I kind of am one, though I'm not part of a, what's the word, mercenary company? Rather, I'm usually in the Dragon, and try to do the right thing for the people. Not that I've had too much luck with that." He laughs a bit remembering his first two adventures.

Velmont

First Post
-=-=-= On the field =-=-=-

"Oh. An adventurer. I see. I've never understand the reason of these small unusual groups that gather in that Inn. A lot better the mercenary company. It might not pay well, but you know what you are doing and you risk a lot less your skin."

As Reynold is about to annouce the next turn, a man get out of teh crowd. He wear a silvery chain shirt and some clean tarvelling cloth that show he is not a normal commoner. he is followed by a man in full plate mail who had an engraved dargonhead on his breastplate. One of the judge approach the man, telling him to go back behind teh lines, but after a word, he let them pass. The man go to Reynold who was standing on a pedestal, ready to announce something, but he is interrupt by that man. reynold get down of there and talk with the man, who seems to be pleased by Reynold's words.

"Seems we have a few more minutes to wait... If you want to leave that adventurere carerr, I can introduce you to my captain. He is always open to add a good bow or a good sword to his troop. We are around twenty. We thought to head to Monemvassia, we heard rumors of someone was trying to overthorw the Prince there, most likely there will be job for mercenaries." tells Gelim

Knight Otu

First Post
Semabin looks thoughtful. "I don't know. I prefer the freedom that the adventurer's life gives me. Also, I've learned that anyone can be put into danger at any time, everywhere. Even if you think you are safe. I've seen a child being hurt while playing hide and seek. We saved a child and her nurse from a kidnapper. I've been drawn into a kidnapping that was actually the eloping of a daughter, and in that, I've killed someone who just tried to delay us. I thank you for your offer, but I don't think I am ready for such a step."

Velmont

First Post
Reynold salute the man, who leaves the field and pass through the crowd to go back to his horse. Reynold climb back on his pedestal and asks for the four contestant to advance. "Just don't end last, and you'll leave with something in your pocket. Good luck." tells Gelim as he advance to his position.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Semabin must shot three arrows, now you are at three range increment (-6 distance modifier to attack roll) [/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
Gelim first arrow is true and find the bullseye. The second arrow seems to be deviated by a strong blow and finish on the blue ring, but he corrects his shot and place his third in the bulleyes.

The halfling archer first arrow end in the yellow ring. His second in the green but his last aime true to teh bullseye, but it is not enough, he lack one point to tie you.

The halfling crossbowman have less luck. He seems to have more difficulty at that distance. his best shot only touch the blue ring, putting him far behind the others.

You and the dwarve get back to your place. You are now both alone and wait for the last round. "You should really think about my offer. You could train a bit more, and become a better archer. I see your nervosity. If you were sure of your aim, of yourself, you could put an arrow in an eye at three hundreads feet. You would only need a bit more training, and my compagny have all it need for you to reach that."

[SBLOCK=Score]Dwarven mercenary: 23
Semabin: 20
Halfing archer: 19
Halfing crossbowman: 8[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
The dwarf nods. The targets are moved again. Reynold asks both contestant to approach. "For the final, you will go one after the other." He take a copper coin and looks at the dawrf. "Tails." Reynold flips the coin and it fall on the ground, bounce on a small rock and finish in the dirt, showing the tail's face. "You go first, Gelim."

The dwarf places himself and look a moment at the targets. The wind is still blowing. The dwarf play in his beard a moment before he takes his bow and his first arrow. He awaits and at a moment the wind grow calm and shoot. His arrow is a bit off target and finish on the green ring. Not a bad shot considered the three hundreads feets of distance the arrow must cross. The dwarf doesn't much bothered and take his second arrow. He still awaits for teh wind to die and shoot. With the still air, the arrow ends in the bullseye. It seems pretty easy for him to aim such a small target at that range. Another shot like that, and Semabin will have huge task in front of him to haev a chance to win. The dwarf takes his last arrow and await again, making sure the wind blow softly or die before shooting. Just as his hand release the string, a gust of wind blow on the field. The arrow seems to catch in the wind andtravel the three hundreads feet and pass just next to teh target and finish his course in the grass, a few feet behind the target.

"Fourteen points." declares Reynold. "Semabin next."

The dwarf take back his place next to Semabin. "I would have wanted to make your task harder... we will see if you can take advanatge of my last shot."

Remove ads