• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

di Senzio's Tournament: Road to Fallon [El Jefe Judging]

Knight Otu

First Post
"We will see..." Semabin echoes as he takes his place.

(we're at a -8 range penalty now, right?)

He takes bow and arrow, aims, and shoots. Unfortunately, he misses once more. (Archery Contest Final, Shot 1 (1d20-2=4)). He breathes deeply, aims more carefully, and lets lose his second shot, closing his eyes in embarrasment as he sees it even farther off. (Archery Contest Final, Shot 2 (1d20-2=2)). He takes his final arrow, and fires it after careful aim, but it isn't very accurate, either (Archery Contest Final, Shot 3 (1d20-2=3)). "Efreet's fires, that was embarrasing!" he curses audibly enough. "Congratulations Gelim, you certainly deserved to win. I just wished I could have honored your victory with putting up better competition." Semabin says to the mercenary, offering his hand to shake.

Animus

Explorer
Nirrassa of clan Swiftclaw

Velmont said:
-=-=-= In the crowd =-=-=-

Nirassa arrive late at the contest. She sees that many the second round is already in progress. At least, she will be able to see the best of them. The katara feels the bite of the wind, and it doesn't seems to come to help the contestant, as many arrow deviate under some rush of wind.

She enters the crowd and find her way to the front. She has a good view. At a moment, you hear a voice familiar telling you. "It is a sad thing you finish second. My master is not the kind of man who liked to be disobeyed. If you had listen to me, you would be richer than what you won, and you would not have any problem..." Nirassa turns her head and see Trevor, the man who came visit her in her room before the archery contest.

OOC: Oops! Scanned right over it.

"Iss that a thrreat?" she asks.

Velmont

First Post

"A threat? No, a warning would be a more appropriate word, because my employeer doesn't know I am here. Try not to stay alone in the next few days, for me, I have another business, and I shouldn't be here." Before Nirassa speaks another word, Trevor starts to make his way into the crowd, and she is about to lose him from sight, as the crowd is taller than the little Katara, and thick, and Gelim, the dwarven, is shooting his lasts arrows in the final round.

-=-=-= On the field =-=-=-

The first arrow miss being too short, the second too, the last go too far. Semabin didn't touch the target once. The crowd have felt silent, seeing his poor performance. Someone in the crowd starts to laugh "He is not even able to touch th... ouch!" "He makes it in final, you couldn't have touch it at 10 feet."

Semabin returns to his place. "You are full of surprise." tells Gelim. "You forgot what I told you after the first round, your aim was too straight the first two shots were too short. Were you nervous?"

Reynold climbs on his pedestal. "On third position, we have Feren Lightleaf. On second position, Semabin ai Harudan. Our winner is Gelim Steelsun" The crowd cheer as Reynold tells each names, the cheer growing louder for each position.

Last edited:

Animus

Explorer
Nirrassa of Clan Swiftclaw

Velmont said:

"A threat? No, a warning would be a more appropriate word, because my employeer doesn't know I am here. Try not to stay alone in the next few days, for me, I have another business, and I shouldn't be here." Before you speak another word, Trevro starts to make his way into teh crowd, and you are about to lose him from sight, as the crowd is taller than you, and thick, as Gelim, the dwarven, is shooting his lasts arrows in the final round.

"Hmm," she purrs as Trevor moves away.

Velmont

First Post

Nirassa loses Trevor from sight, and Semabin is now shooting his arrow. The Sairundani seems to have difficulty, and doesn't even touch the target... The katara guess she could have done better, but that performance doesn't reflect his previous, and seems more a strike of badluck than incompetence. A man behind him tells "He is not even able to touch th... ouch!" The woman next to him just slap him behind the head. "He makes it in final, you couldn't have touch it at 10 feet." Some people around smiles as the man shut his mouth.

Knight Otu

First Post
"While I was a bit nervous, I'm pretty sure I did every... Grendath's joke, I didn't notice the wind died down." Semabin says, with growing embarrasment, pressing his hand against his face. "I guess I was so focused on the target that I forgot to account for the missing wind. Doubly embarrasing for me.

Velmont

First Post
-=-=-= On the field =-=-=-

Reynold finish a small speech, and remind the winners they can take there price now or wait to the official prize reward, on the last day of teh tournement. After that, the contestant are dismiss. "Bah, no one can be at there best all the time. If you change your mind, you can contact me at the Winged Flute on teh last night of the tounement, we are leaving at the end of the week, the day after the prize reward. For now, I have to go back to my company before going to the Arena." the dwarf nods and leaves the field and walk back toward the city.

The crowd start to scatter as the contest is finish.

Velmont

First Post
Semabin head toward the Arena.

Nirrassa see the crowd growing thin and there is only a few of them left. There is also the organizer of the contest, and among them, Reynold, that are starting to clean the place.

Last edited:

Remove ads