• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

di Senzio's Tournament: Road to Fallon [El Jefe Judging]

Velmont

First Post
Semabin go to the tent. He see among the crowd, Kwella, who is looking at him. As he enter, he see some people that have gathered. Reynold is there, looking at everyone.

"I see 14 contestant. I think it is all that we have. We are ready to start, but before, I must remind all the rules, as some might forget." Reynold doesn't seem please as he tells teh last comment. Reynold take a scroll and start to read it. "This is the rules of the contest, I'll read it to be sure everyone have heard it once.

• Every contestant will be given a short bow or a light crossbow and the
    necessary arrows or bolts for the contest
  • The target will start at 100 feet
  • Every contestant will be given three arrows to shoot at the target
  • The best half of the contestant will be allowed to continue
  • At each level, the target will be moved by 50 feet and three new projectiles will
    be given
  • The winner is the contestant with the highest score at the last level
  • In case of tie, each contestant will have another projectile to shoot. The best shot will continue.
  • Magic will be forbidden for all the contest

A note about the crossbow. They have been modified to have a bit less power, so there precision is equivalent to the same of a shortbow. Here a target you'll have."
You see a target with 7 concentric circle. The circle have the color of teh rainbow, the Indigo on the surrounding, the red in the middle. "If you miss, you have no points. Indigo worth 1, Purple worth 2, Blue worth 3, Green worth 4, Yellow worth 5, Orange worth 7 and Red worth 10. Any question?"

[SBLOCK=Rules]It is a round by round game. You shoot three arrow. The best half go to teh next round. You'll shoot your arows using Invisible Castle. The DC determine which ring or the target you hit. Here the DC list:

Indigo: 5
Purple: 7
Blue: 9
Green: 11
Yellow: 13
Orange 15
Red: 17
Split an arrow: 20 (Must be called, it is a miss or give equal point to the arrow splitted. Only benefit, it impress the crowd).

Also, both shortbow and crossbow have a range increament of 60 feet[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
"Fine, let's everyone choose his weapon." On a table, bows and crossbow are waiting to be chosen. Semabin take a moment to look at his opponents. His eyes tell him that none of the people here are green in the domain of arcery. A few of them doesn't look like warriors, most likely nobles or well living people that spend there free time shooting targets.

Among the many contestnt, two catch the eye of Semabin. the first is an elf. That race have made there reknown with the bow, and that one seems like a seasoned archer. the second is a dwarf. At first sight, he might look no more than a normal mercenary, but how he manipulate the crossbow seems to let guess that he know more than his share with that weapon.

Once Semabin choose his weapon, he goes out of the tent. He sees the eight traget ready for teh contest. A line have been drawn on the grass. Reynold asks the crowd to calm down. "I would like to call some contestant foward." Reynold names seven person. Among them, there is Semabin, and Gelim Steelsun, the dwarf he had spotted in the tent. Everyone that is call step behind teh line and prepare there three shot. They all prepare for the signal. "Contestants. get ready for the first shot. Shoot!"

[SBLOCK=OOC]Semabin must roll three shots. You are in one range increment, so it makes a penalty of -2 to all rolls, with usual bonus. The weapon is of fine quality, but ignore the enhancement bonus do to masterwork quality, everyone have it anyway. So, weapon + range modifier = -2. [/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
Semabin is on the first group. He prepare his bow and he feels the breeze that is growing. The wind has always seems a friend to the Sairundanis, and today seems not an exception, the wind start to blow, pushing the clouds away, but also, the arrow. The aim of most of the contestants seems somehow affected by the winds, but Semabin has learned to shoot with the desert wind. His first arrow touch barely the outer ring, but ihs second was almost on the mark, and his last was clearly on it.

The two contestants he had spotted did well too, the elf doing two bulleyes. An halfling with his bow did two bulleyes too. Another, who seems suprinsingly good is a small katara, obviously a spellcaster, and even if he didn't hit the bulleyes, he come near twice, equalling Semabin in his score.

Other have done counter performance. One skill man, an hunter at first sight, could only touch the outer ring three time in a row. He desn't seem to beleive his own performance. The other elf subscribe in the contest miss his first arrow, but could catch up with his two other shot, in the orange ring, and barely qualified. Another who seem ashamed of his result is a human, an holy warrior of Azwan, god of war, whose best shot was to touch the blue ring, even if didn't miss.

As Semabin wave finish to let place to the second wave the dwarf tells "Good aim, but you aim to straight for that distance, you should aim a bit more higher as the target is farther from you. But that's a bit tricky with that wind."

[SBLOCK=OOC]The wind is just for flavor... and to explain a bit why some have low scores... some of them had catastrophic roll.[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=Score]
Elven seasoned archer: 25
Halfing archer: 25
Human archer: 23
Semabin: 18
Katara arcanist: 18
Dwarven mercenary: 17
Halfing crossbowman: 16
Elven guard: 14

Human Geoth Follower: 13
Half-Elf Troubadour: 8
Human Noble: 8
Savage Half-Orc: 7
Human Azwan Holy Warrior: 6
Human hunter: 3
[/SBLOCK]

Knight Otu

First Post
Velmont said:
As Semabin wave finish to let place to the second wave the dwarf tells "Good aim, but you aim to straight for that distance, you should aim a bit more higher as the target is farther from you. But that's a bit tricky with that wind."
"Thanks for the advice." Semabin says, considering his first shots. It certainly made sense. "Though I don't mind the wind, really. It's a pleasant breeze, and a welcome change to yesterday. Gelim Steelsun, was it?"

Velmont

First Post
"Oh yeah. Friend of the wind, enemy of the fire I think. Isn't something like that for you, Sairundanis. Yes, your are right for my name. You are, Sema... sorry, I don't have a good memory for names." Tells Gelim, without leaving from teh eyes, teh second wave of contestant.

Reynold announce the scores of the fourteen contestants. "It seems we will meet in the next turn." tells Gelim.

Reynold annonce a few minutes before the next round, as the target need to be moved. "And what make you leav your desert?" ask the dwarf, as he sees there is some time to loose before teh next round.

Knight Otu

First Post
"Yes, that's right. My name is Semabin, Semabin ai Harudan. I've left Sairundan in order to learn, gather experience, so that I might become a Dervish."

Velmont

First Post
"Dervish? Nice goal, not an easy one. I've heard there prowess..." the dwarf doesn't have the time to finish his sentence. "We ask for the next wave to come foward." The dwarf is called to his target, as the Katara, the hafling crossbowman and the elven guard. The four take there target. The wind continue to blow, and seems to annoy some of them. The guard and the Katara do bad performance. The leven guard have one first shot, almost shootong the center of the target... just an hair and it was a bulleyes, but his two others shots just miss the target. The katara doesn't miss the target, but only touch the two other rings.

The halfling hit the bulleye on the first shot, but his second and third are not that precise, and only touch the purple and blue circle, positioning him in not so bad position, but still risky. Gelim doens't seem bothered at all, after the first turn, he had time to get use to the wind. The first shot touch the orange ring. He gently shook his head before taking abit more time to shot. His two others arrows both touch the bullseye. The public applause his perfomance.

"Next wave." The Dwarf come back to his place, and pass next to Semabin who walk toward his line. "May the wind be with you."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Semabin must shot three arrows, now you are at two range increment (-4 distance modifier to attack roll)[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Score]Dwarven mercenary: 27
Halfing crossbowman: 15
Elven guard: 7
Katara arcanist: 5
Elven seasoned archer: ??
Halfing archer: ??
Human archer: ??
Semabin: ??[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads