• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

di Senzio's Tournement: Arena - Tribune [El Jefe judging]

Velmont

First Post
The sounds of the war cry of Jik'tu reach the crowd, who react positively at it. The crowd start to shout and encourage the people, and the attention seems to turn on the Orc cricles. At the same time, both Warren, who is watching over Khairi circle, and Manister, who is watching over Jik'tu circle, gives the signal.

As the signal is given, the dwarf do a quick step foward to move away from the circle border, but doesn't do more, waiting for Jik'tu.

In the other circle, Khairi's opponent doesn't wait and charge the Sarundani. In his charge, he swing his sword more quickly than the Sarundani would have expected. He just step aside and find his armor much bulky. He hear the sounds of the sword touching teh breastpalte of his armor, but outside the loud noise of metal against metal, he doesn't deel anything. Bulky, but protective these armors.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Is Jik'tu charging or just moving and attacking. To note, you are at 35 feet from him, so if you wnat to attack this round, it seems you'll need to charge.

Khairi, what do you do now?[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
-=-=-= In the Tribune =-=-=-

Quozen enters the tribunes. He must walk up to the upper rank to finally find one place. The crowd is numerous and Quozen is not confortable with Jik'tu armor on his leg. The person next to him starts to complain the monk take too much place but quickly shut his mouth as Jik'tu shouts. His attention is turned toward the field, where the combat starts.

-=-=-= In the field =-=-=-

Jik'tu charges, but the dwarf set his halberd to recieve the charge. The spike at the top of the halberd find his way through an hole at the side of Jik'tu shield. Jik'tu feels the spike entering in the chain mail that cover the articulation of his shoulder and by some miracles, seems to suddenly move aside toward the arm, avoiding the lungs. The hit is painfull, but Jik'tu stands and let the ball of his flail fly twoard the head of the dwarf. The ball hit the back of the neck, and the metal helmet bend under the hit and the dwarf fall on the ground. Jik'tu look at the hole in his armor. It pass near the lung, and in a true combat, it would have taken less than a finger of distance to have a fatal blow.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Jik'tu recieved 7 point of damages... if the dwarf would have confirmed his critical threat, Jik'tu would have recieved 40 point of damages instead (double damage from charge, triple from critical and huge damage from the critical threat, but it wasn't confirmed)[/SBLOCK]

Just before Khairi had been hit by his opponent, he saw his blow blocked by his enmy shield. Luckily, his armor just saved him from the blow and Khairi try to strike again. That time, it touch the body, but the Sarudani is used to use the curved blade of his scimitar to slice deep wounds through the flesh, but he can't slice through the metal armor. His opponent counter strike, but that time, Khairi simply step aside and his opponent miss by far.

[SBLOCK=OOC]You don't have an AoO, just liek any combat, charging doesn't give any AoO, but as you could have ready an action and awaited the guy and strike him as he enter you threatening area, I'll leave you the chance to use your AoO roll as your ready action.[/SBLOCK]

BigB

First Post
Khairi recovers from his strikes against his opponents metal armor as he thinks I must find a way to get through much as the wind finds every hole in a shelter so shall my scimitar. He regains his fighting stance.

Velmont

First Post
-=-=-= In the Arena's field =-=-=-

Khairi miss from far his opponent and leave a huge opening. his opponent seems to have spot him, but act too quickly and doesn't take the time to put enough strength in his blow, who just bounce again agianst the armor. Khairi can hear the crowd cheering and they are very loud...

Jik'tu sees his opponent on the ground, and hear the crowd cheering. Is it his mind or is there some of the people in the crowd who shout his name, heering his quick dispatch....

DerHauptman

First Post
Jik'tu stands menacingly over his opponent hocks up and loogie swishes it in his mouth and spits it down upon the dwarf's helmet.

After that he stands to his full height, circles proudly puffing out his chest and beating his flail on his shield....

JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKKK TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU !!

He will continue to pump up the crowd until it is obvious that the mediators of the contest are trying to move on to the next round.

In his head he is sure that Tarusk has shown him favor and is with him in this contest.

[sblock=OOC Commentary]

OK, so we all gotta Monday morning quarterback or armchair general a little, right?

Anyway, I knew the pole was gonna get me thats why I chose one as one of my two weapons. The distance of the ring made me choose it cause one has to charge to get there in the 1st round. I was really hesitant to make the decision on what weapon to start with - especially since the dwarf was using a pole. I was gonna start off with the same strategy too. However, in the interest of avoiding the cautious swing miss, swing miss dance, I went for a more all or nothing approach. I figured I'd either win big or loose big. A crowd pleaser for sure.

In the mind of my character of course the thought process was not so involved - that 6 INT kicking in. Therefor - never being one to over think - Ole Jik'tu decided to just go for it!!!! Turned out OK for him. Fortune favors the bold - and so do the dark gods I guess.

[/sblock]

Remove ads