• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

di Senzio's Tournement: Arena - Tribune [El Jefe judging]

DerHauptman

First Post
Jik'tu laughs at Cepheus' joke....

Yea, dat gud one C.....

I think he right now grows dem

Maybe when he gets back I beats him liddle bits up

do dem humans do dat here in dis place?

Looking around...

Sometimes hard fer me to knows whut dem are ok wif round here...

Maybe I just make him think I wan beats him up sometimes?

Guess if I don't be do it I kin not go to dat dungeons then.

[sblock=All] Seems logical about the full plate and time. (it seems a a gap between the letter of the law and the intent) I am comfortable with whatever you want - its not a big deal.

Take the following only as a point of disscussion between peers who share a love of the game....

I respect your ruling Velmont as I always will in any game I play. However, philosophically either the rule is one way or the other.

Either we use the original rule or the rule variant. (which is the agreed upon standard in LEW) We are opening a can of worms to rule that the rule works sometimes one way and not at others based upon each DM's desires.

Either there is a time factor or there is not. Again, I totally see how you came you your logical conclusion and have no issue with it, per se, becasue its a game but the rule variant we use is an abstraction of he original rules and chosen for its simplicity and the ambiguity of pbp and the keeping of time.

Like I said, EITHER it is abstract (which is the agreed upon standard in LEW) and requires neither a regard for the passage of time nor logical tree regarding details.

According to our rule in LEW through that same abstraction the items will be ready when the craft points and cash are spent. There are no stipulations about the keeping of time and the details of geting the materials, from whom, the availiablity of facilities, time of association with the customer, and speculation as to how long the item take to make.

It can not be parts of both as they seem logical to each individual DM. I belive it is an abstract system in LEW for the purpose of providing an equitable and fair standard for all players in all games so that when anyone makes an item the standard is universally applied.

Ok, off soapbox...

[/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Quozen hands two gold pieces over to the barkeep. "This will cover the cost, and you may keep the rest. If I should require an island drink later, I shall let you know." He adds a meaningful grin at the end as he hustles out the door and back to the stadium, sausages and ale in tow.

Velmont

First Post
-=-=-= Outside the Arena =-=-=-

"Thank' yah" tells the barman as Quozen left the tavern before going back to the Arena.

-=-=-= Inside the Arena =-=-=-

The last combat happen in the Arena. After Grindot has beaten Deos, it is a druid who won over a wizard. His wolf had an easy time over the montrous spider summon by the wizard. On the other side of the Arena, the strange conjuration of the halfling quickly has beaten the hawk summon by another wizard.

As the combat start, Quozen come back with a waterskin full of ale and a six big dried sausages. Jik'tu take the meat. Good to taste, a bit salty, but the ale cut the thirst created by the salt. Also, Jik'tu and Cepheus, after tasting the ale, taste a nice ale, but there is some unusual spice taste. The altered taste is still a good one, but it also seems to be a stronger drink.

BigB

First Post
Cepheus tasting his ale smiles and replies to Quozen: Where did you find such ale, we may have visit this establishment again.

to Jik'tu: It would seem your elf has done well in getting our drink. Maybe we should keep him a while. :p

DerHauptman

First Post
Jik'tu takes the beer and the sausages, smelling each in turn. He nods his head at the beer and makes a face about the sausages -

Sausages?

I knows I sayed meats, now on boy meats mean not da ground up kind

Keep dis up, I know place we make you slave forever....

with one small brand on you face...

BAAMMMM! you be ours...

<laughs loudly and spits a little beer out over Cepheus and the people in front of them>

Then he turns to Quozen with a questioning look....

Um...boy how much dis be fur dis beer and meats?

You gots nuttin, must be spensive beers round here?

5 gp I gived you...

Don spect me gives you more fur yous foods...

what you eat den I get you some gruel or porridge or sumat...

<laughs>

Dun forget you gets up late wif cleans dese cloaks now...

<shaking finger>

Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Quozen bows. "Oh, no, my lords, your allowance was plenty to cover the ale and meat." He smirks while adding, "I am simply being... resourceful. Only the best for my lords."

"I shall be cleaning the cloaks later tonight, as you request, my lords. I shall also remember to serve you unground meat in the future. Do you prefer your meat raw, lightly cooked, or seared?"

Velmont

First Post
"Hey, watch o..." tells the man in front of Jik'tu, but seems quicly turn around and look at the Arena as he see who has spilled beer on him.

On the field, the group of caster leaves it to be replaced by another group of caster. It is the expert group, and the combat are more impressive, where flying lion meet creature of light, or large crocodile fight some hellhounds. The crowd cheer as they sees these extraodinary combat.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Deos return to the backstage with the group, but you are quickly thanked by Reynold and then dimiss, as he explain the details to the qualified caster.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads