City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salix

First Post
Modoc said:
The door to the Red Dragon Inn opens and a small figure momentarily stands in the doorway as the last rays of the setting sun frame his figure. In the doorway stands a road weary, yet refined looking gnome. He is taking in the sights of this fine inn.

His height is only about three and a half feet tall but the shadow cast upon the floor is that of giant. Once he has entered the inn and closed the door behind himself, those that are paying attention notice his bright patchwork cloak. You are sure every color of the rainbow is represented in that cloak. His features are typical for a gnome. His beard is neatly trimmed and his hair, although long, is neatly trimmed. His tanned skin compliments is green eyes.

Making his way through the inn and acknowledging some of the strangers seated at the tables around him, he finds his way to a small quiet table. Once seated at the table he removes his mandolin from his pack. Opening his pack he retrieves a small piece of cloth and proceeds to spread it out on the table. With the mandolin lying on top of the cloth he proceeds to clean the road dust off the well worn instrument. Once the mandolin is again free of road dust, the cloth is folded and placed back in his pack.

With his instrument in his lap and poised to be played he begins to gently strum and tune it. It only takes a few moments for the mandolin to be in-tune. Surprisingly fast for a well used instrument. With a few quick strokes the mandolin he is holding begins erupt in sweet somber music.

The music that eminates forth is an instrumental ballad with a sweet and melodic tone. After playing for over thirty minutes, the bard rises and walks over to the board to see what other have been looking at. He stands with his back to the vast majority of those assembled at the inn, but he continues to be aware of who is around him.

Deciding that there is not much happening on the board, in the way of employment opportunities, he decides to retrieve his mandolin. With mandolin in hand he leans against the wall next to the board and begins to play a bawdy drinking song.

OOC: Looking for a game to get into. BARD 1
After the Gnomish Bard walks in the man behind the bar says,"I'm Joe. State your name and drink and eat for free. It's one of the charms of this place. Everyone knows who they are dealing with."
OOC: It is one of the Rules so I thought I'd drop in and have Joe enforce it

Modoc

First Post
From across the room, the bard walks over to the bar. “Greetings and well met Joe, my name is Nobbel Halfdan, wandering minstrel. “My friends call me ‘Nob’”. “This is a fine establishment you have here. If I can be of any entrainment service to you or your fine establishment whilst I wait for some adventure to find me, please let me know.”

“I would enjoy a tankard of your finest ale and a plate of the house favorite.”

Nobbel graciously receives that tankard and plate and returns to the table he was occupying. He begins to eat the meal and savor the ale. From across the room, he yells to Joe “mighty fine meal and some of the best ale I have ever had.”

After his plate is cleaned of every last morsel, Nobbel walks back to bar to speak with Joe. “Joe, I have heard this is the best place in the region to find adventure for those that seek that path in life. How long does one usually wait?”

OOC: Sorry about that I did read that in the first post of the thread. Just forgot to include that in my original post.

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
The door to the Red Dragon opened slowly as a man leaning heavily upon an ash staff entered the Inn. He was a human just shy of his middle years and his long brown hair was mixed with streaks of gray throughout it. His clothing seemed to have once been of an expensive cut, but they showed the signs of restitching in several places.

Looking around the inn, he seemed to be searching for something in the crowd, and when his sunken eyes did not find it he gave a simple nod and approached the bar.

"I wish to ask for the rules of hospitality to be shown to a weary traveler. I am called Cyrus by most I meet, and would ask you to do the same."

As the man takes off his coat, for a moment a wooden disk with the burning of the symbol of Mongrel can be seen, but it quickly is slipped back under the man's shirt.

Verbatim

Explorer
As his meal is placed before him, Cyrus eats it quickly as if he was afraid that at any moment it could be taken from him. Washing it down with the last of his ale, Cyrus stood up again and placed his coat on once more.

"Many thanks for your service Joe."

Taking up his staff once more, Cyrus begins his slow walk out the door and towards the Winged Flute.

OOC: Exit to Winged Flute thread.

LiquidBlue

First Post
Delan Ter

A tall elf enters the Red Dragon Inn. He is wearing the clothes of a traveler. As he enters, he takes a moment to examine the architecture of the room. He then pauses, looks around the room once more, and finds the spot dedicated for adventurers to announce themselves.

"My name is Delan Ter. I am a talented smith, and I search for opportunities to practice and improve my trade."

He then turns to the bar and orders juice, carefully examining his cup when it is given him.

Velmont

First Post
di Senzio's Tournament

[SBLOCK=OOC]This post is part of a current adventure, but it doesn't mean at all you can't interact with them...[/SBLOCK]

Coming from the rooms a slender and agile elf walk to teh bar and talks to Joe, asking for him a nice meals for three persons. He add that one protion should be double, as he don't want his master to be hungry, he need to be well prepare. He pick a a table and sits down. A moment later, a large Orc and a small gnome chat about the events of the lasts days. The Joust of the day bafore had been interesting, but Jik'tu had liked a few good warrior in the Experts Duel, but he was confident to win against all those of the Novice, as he had quickly taken care of his own.

They both sit at the table with the elf, ignoring him a bit...

[SBLOCK=OOC]BigB, DH, InVinoVeritas, it is your character, go on, take there controls. We are on day 5. Jik'tu semi-final is today.[/SBLOCK]

BigB

First Post
Velmont said:
[SBLOCK=OOC]This post is part of a current adventure, but it doesn't mean at all you can't interact with them...[/SBLOCK]

Coming from the rooms a slender and agile elf walk to teh bar and talks to Joe, asking for him a nice meals for three persons. He add that one protion should be double, as he don't want his master to be hungry, he need to be well prepare. He pick a a table and sits down. A moment later, a large Orc and a small gnome chat about the events of the lasts days. The Joust of the day bafore had been interesting, but Jik'tu had liked a few good warrior in the Experts Duel, but he was confident to win against all those of the Novice, as he had quickly taken care of his own.

They both sit at the table with the elf, ignoring him a bit...

[SBLOCK=OOC]BigB, DH, InVinoVeritas, it is your character, go on, take there controls. We are on day 5. Jik'tu semi-final is today.[/SBLOCK]

Cepheus accepts his meal from Quozen. I could get used to having someone wait on us. He smiles at the elf. I have heard you found no real competition yesterday, and that you are favored to win the tournament. The talk is everyone fears Jik'tu the mighty, that he attacks with a ferocity unmatched. You have become quite the talk of the town my big friend. In honor of your battle prowess I have begun a set of plate armor. A masterwork item for sure. Jik'tu the feared should have no less. :] OoC: Might as well inflate Jik'tu's ego a bit.

Animus

Explorer
Bran Olvant, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire

The door to the RDI opens. A blonde haired, blue eyed man enters, lute strapped over his back, rapier at his side. "Well met Joe, Bran Olvant has returned," he says, and he sits down at a table.

DerHauptman

First Post
Jul'tu toasts his freind and nods as he gets his meal

Dat be gud fer me to fights wif dat armurs...

Me likes da ones in da turn ment lets me use.

Kin you make dat skulls on it er sum tin?

Me like skullls and heads too...

Jik'tu elbows Cepheus a little hard....

Hey, D'ju see dat one dwarf's head when me hit him wif da flail?

Wifout dat stupid ring, he'd be an udder slave fer me in death...

Dat whut I gots to say, if dis were fer real lives, me thinks it be more fun....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads