• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sell me on Burning Sky.

Shroomy

Adventurer
Nonlethal Force said:
And this right here is realy why I would buy WotBS. Can you really ask specific questions of Dungeon Magazine authors? [Perhaps you can, then this whole point is moot]

Actually, you can...pretty much every regular author who appears in Dungeon is a regular poster on the Paizo boards.

Russ, I really doubt WotC's going to sue us if we offer suggestions as fellow gamers who just happen to know the adventures intimately. I'm not a lawyer, but we're not using their IP to sell the product, and we're not misappropriating their characters or settings.

In Forgotten Realms, since some of you have asked, I would run the campaign in the Unapproachable East, with Ragesia becoming Thay, and Shahalesti becoming Aglarond. You basically would rotate the map 180 degrees, so the party starts in the mountains between the two nations, and flees northward to . . . I think it's Thesk, which would be a good stand-in for Dassen. If you want it easy, set the campaign in the not-too-distant future and say the Simbul and Szass Tam killed each other (so the power vacuum involves the fall of the high zulkir, not emperor coaltongue). And Leska could be the Zulkir of Abjuration. Easy.

I'll look into Greyhawk possibilities, but I don't know the rest too well. However, it just takes a little imagination, and I'd be very interested to see what people's ideas are.

Last edited:

Treebore

First Post
RangerWickett said:
Russ, I really doubt WotC's going to sue us if we offer suggestions as fellow gamers who just happen to know the adventures intimately. I'm not a lawyer, but we're not using their IP to sell the product, and we're not misappropriating their characters or settings.

In Forgotten Realms, since some of you have asked, I would run the campaign in the Unapproachable East, with Ragesia becoming Thay, and Shahalesti becoming Aglarond. You basically would rotate the map 180 degrees, so the party starts in the mountains between the two nations, and flees northward to . . . I think it's Thesk, which would be a good stand-in for Dassen. If you want it easy, set the campaign in the not-too-distant future and say the Simbul and Szass Tam killed each other (so the power vacuum involves the fall of the high zulkir, not emperor coaltongue). And Leska could be the Zulkir of Abjuration. Easy.

I'll look into Greyhawk possibilities, but I don't know the rest too well. However, it just takes a little imagination, and I'd be very interested to see what people's ideas are.

I would have to use the not to distant future option in my Faerun setting. I have seriously developed that area with my own stuff.

Greyhawk doesn't have a strong enough political entity to have ramifications like this mod. I would have to change the history of GH or seriously tone down this mod to have it fit well. Neither are options that appeal to me. GH is where I would go off the map to have this adventure occur.

This doesn't appear like it would work well for Erde either. ITs political system hasn't recovered from the fall of Unklar yet.

Now Wilderlands I might be able to make it work well for. Just change it to city-state scale instead of nations. Or go off map here as well.

This could work well for Blackmoor. Already the same kind of scheming and power struggles going on. I would still have to modify the political set up and assign key roles of the AP to certain Blackmoor figures, but I think I could make it work well enough to be happy with it.

Aeroth (DCC 35) I like too much of what they have set up to throw this in there. So I would go off map for this setting as well.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
helium3 said:
Is the 'campaign saga' now only available as a $40 subscription?

No, the adventures will be available individually, too, as they are released.

Also, is the term 'adventure path' trademarked?

No, but Paizo asked us not to use the term, and out of respect for them we didn't.

As a side note, there is a new sub-forum specifically for such posts, discussions and nit-picks for the series.

Personally the Players guide grabbed me. I love the build-up of Gate's Pass...the free market city is well set politically and geographically to be a good starting point for many adventures.

I look forward to the adventures and hope to get a group together in order to fully enjoy them. I will be playing the game with an Eberron flavour and may post my tweaks for that settting...

:)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
If it's any consolation, I was consulted (albeit as just a guy that post here too darn much and has an ego the size of Faerun about things), and I think the EN World community will like this "thingie."

Ryan has done his homework and I think while not EVERYONE will like it (I stress the word everyone as in the entire world and maybe a few En World posters), but Ryan knows his audience here in EN World enough to know what they will like. This is something they will like.

There you got a ringing endorsement from me. Happy? :p :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Nightfall said:
If it's any consolation, I was consulted (albeit as just a guy that post here too darn much and has an ego the size of Faerun about things), and I think the EN World community will like this "thingie."

Ryan has done his homework and I think while not EVERYONE will like it (I stress the word everyone as in the entire world and maybe a few En World posters), but Ryan knows his audience here in EN World enough to know what they will like. This is something they will like.

There you got a ringing endorsement from me. Happy? :p :)
An endorsement from Nightfall? Hmm...now I have to wonder which adventure features a battle with Orcus that catapults everyone into Scarn, perhaps at Hollowfaust. :lol:

More seriously, Malvoisin is starting a PbP of WotBS over in the Playing the Game forum. Those who want to see the first adventure in action are welcome to watch us laugh, cry, and kick Inquisitor ass.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Rys,

I can honestly say Orcus had no factor in my endorsement. Nor was there any mention of Hollowfaust, Scarn, (not Skarn, the race), or most any feature of the Scarred Lands. (Geographically speaking anyway.)

I did mention they should use more non traditional monsters.

Remove ads