• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sell me on Burning Sky.

Menexenus

First Post
My posts tend to be a bit wordy, so I apologize if the question I asked in my previous post got buried. I'll repeat it:

For comparison's sake, can you give me an idea of the page count of a typical module in the War of the Burning Sky series?

This question might have been answered elsewhere. If so, could someone either enlighten me or point me in the direction of where enlightenment can be found? I realize that may be a tall order... ;)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Menexenus said:
My posts tend to be a bit wordy, so I apologize if the question I asked in my previous post got buried. I'll repeat it:

For comparison's sake, can you give me an idea of the page count of a typical module in the War of the Burning Sky series?

This question might have been answered elsewhere. If so, could someone either enlighten me or point me in the direction of where enlightenment can be found? I realize that may be a tall order... ;)

I haven't actually seen the post-layout version, so I really don't know how many pages it works out to (with PDFs we don't really worry about that - we just lay it out however it looks good). I do know that the first adventure was contracted for 10,000 words and ended up exceeding that by a fair amount, and that we don't count citing of any OGC material we may have used in that word count.

The PG and CG come to about 50 pages, I think.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
In answer to your question, I've just seen the final version, which clocks in at 64 pages including OGL page and contents page. Player maps are in a separate PDF.

00Machado

First Post
Treebore said:
One thing I have been hearing complaints about is that the backstory demands too much to be easily fit into camapign settings that are in use.

One thing I've seen said before that I can't say any better...When you're playing for 20 levels, that is the setting.

YMMV, but personally, if I have a 20 level campaign anyway, there's not much need to go off the map, and unless I go off the map, I'm not really using any of the uniqueness of that setting, so why not save the setting for something that only in can do?

Also, having had exposure to the WoTC settings from way back, I prefer a break no and then.

To the original poster's point on why buy this one, again, YMMV, but I have always wanted to run an epic war campaign, and no one's ever really published one.

And, there's a little something about giving back to ENWorld since I've benefited so much from it. You can't ascribe that to a cost/benefit. It's more like the honor system. I've taken. Now it's time to contribute. And it feels good to contribute.

00Machado said:
One thing I've seen said before that I can't say any better...When you're playing for 20 levels, that is the setting.

I've never wanted to say it, but I sort of feel the same way. However, I appreciate that some people will only use part of the campaign saga (and indeed, it's designed to have several different paths where you use only some of the adventures (1-4, 1-8, 4-8, 4-12, or 8-12). However, if you're thinking of running the whole campaign, yeah, you should have about all you'll need.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads