Planescape Converting Planescape monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhaga

First Post
Does the Electricity Aura (Su): count as an "electrical source"? Would a group of mephits huddled together be able to regenerate from each others' auras?

dhaga

First Post
Its earless head smells like ozone and glows with a permanent light spell-like effect that cannot be dispelled; this expires when the mephit dies.

Light Aura (Su): a lightning mephit constantly sheds light as a torch, illuminating a (15 foot?) area. This light is extinguished when the mephit dies.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
dhaga said:
Does the Electricity Aura (Su): count as an "electrical source"? Would a group of mephits huddled together be able to regenerate from each others' auras?

Well, only if they went around damaging each other. We also haven't made the decision yet, but the electrical healing could be 1 pt healed for each 3 pts of electricity damage that would have been done.

I like the light aura, btw. :cool:

dhaga

First Post
Could go full healing on the electricity -- all damage received from electrical sources instead heals the mephit the same amount of damage that would have been dealt. It is why they congregate in groups of their own kind, after all ;)

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
We're piling up a lot of suggestions in here without a summary; hope Shade doesn't mind putting it all together! ;)

For the light aura, let's just state that it sheds light as a torch. That's already defined in the RAW, but it gives DMs a little more freedom if they're squeamish about bending rules.

How about this?

Electrical Healing (Su): Whenever a lightning mephit would take damage from electricity (if it were not immune to electricity damage), it instead heals that amout of damage. It can be healed by electrical effects from other lightning mephits; however, it cannot gain hit points beyond its usual maximum.

Shade

Monster Junkie
freyar said:
We're piling up a lot of suggestions in here without a summary; hope Shade doesn't mind putting it all together! ;)

Not at all.

It looks like another crazy busy week, so I'll drop in when I can.

dhaga

First Post
Ranged touch on Lightning Bolt

I think the text on Electrical Healing looks good.

Rewriting Light Aura slightly:
Light Aura (Su): a lightning mephit constantly sheds light as a torch. This light is extinguished when the mephit dies. The lightning mephit cannot suppress this ability, nor can it be dispelled.

dhaga

First Post
Good point, GrayLinnorm.

Light Aura (Su): a lightning mephit constantly sheds light as a torch. This light is extinguished when the mephit dies. The lightning mephit cannot suppress this ability, nor can it be dispelled. However, any darkness that can counter the 0th level spell Light also suppresses this aura, as long as the mephit remains in the area of darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads