• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planescape Converting Planescape monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhaga

First Post
Immune to Illusions, but automatically fails saving throws vs. mind-affecting effects? Or Immune to Illusions, but saves normally against other mind-affecting effects?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
dhaga said:
Immune to Illusions, but automatically fails saving throws vs. mind-affecting effects? Or Immune to Illusions, but saves normally against other mind-affecting effects?

Well, do we go the route of simplifying monsters and making them easy to run, or do we make them flavorful? :p :heh: :\

I think we should make them fail all saves vs mind-affecting.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Added to Homebrews.

Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), fly 60 ft. (good)?

For ability scores, somewhere between air and fire?
Air: Str 10, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 11, Cha 15
Fire: Str 10, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 11, Cha 15

Maybe Str 10, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 11, Cha 15

Natural armor +4 (same as fire)?

freyar

Mortis said:
Under 4e will this be 1/encounter? :lol:

Probably! :confused: I don't mean to rag on 4e because I'm sure I'll give it a try sometime, but I really like the detail monsters get in 3e...

Anyway, Shade, your suggested abilities look good. I'd say natural armor +3, though, since the Dex already gives +2 to AC.

dhaga

First Post
Shade -- you have 2 "Spell-Like Abilities" sections in the homebrews post

1/hour—color spray (DC x) as the spell cast by a 3rd-level sorcerer. Caster level 6th. The save DC is Charisma-based.

1/day--dancing lights (DC 12), invisibility. Caster level 6th.

freyar

dhaga said:
Shade -- you have 2 "Spell-Like Abilities" sections in the homebrews post

1/hour—color spray (DC x) as the spell cast by a 3rd-level sorcerer. Caster level 6th. The save DC is Charisma-based.

1/day--dancing lights (DC 12), invisibility. Caster level 6th.

Actually, I don't think dancing lights or invisibility correspond to anything in the original stat block, so maybe that is a copy-paste error...

freyar

Lost track of this one; much anything left to do? The color spray DC should be 13, I think, and the original text gives 1d3 damage for the claws. Should we stick to that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads