[Epic] Scions of the Endless Falls

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Scions of the Endless Falls

TheOneAboveAll - Solarion, Scion of the Phoenix, "Dread of the unholy" - LG Trumpet Archon ECL 8/Outsider 12/Cleric 6/Hierophant 3/Contemplative 1

Ferrix - Sigrún, The Architect - N Male Elan Psion 10/Constructor 20

perivas - Caira Greenleaf - NG Female Dryad Cleric 5/Alienist 7/Thaumaturgist 4/Cosmic Descryer 9 with cohort Loudbark Laughingoak (Cohort) - NG Male Treant Barbarian 4/Fighter 4/Ranger 3

Wrahn - Rahveon “Mountain Shaker” - CG Male African Elephant Anthropomorphic Animal ECL 1 /Monstrous Humanoid 3 /Bard 2 /Holy Liberator 2 /Barbarian 12 /Dragon Disciple 10

Kelleris - Arion Kietsudoku - CG Male Half-fey/Half-human Bard 22, Ex-Assassin 5, Duelist 1 (3.0), Shadowdancer 1

Zack2216 - Su'ryuu Millixon - LE Female Human Half Red Dragon Wilder 28

Characters and Players on Hiatus

Kangaxx - Pilmer Blurwind - NE Male Halfling Rogue 3/ Wizard 5/ Archmage 4/ Arcane Trickster 18

Rules for posting - Actions in *asterisks*, thoughts in italics, and speech in "quotes." Colors for speech and thoughs it useful, but make sure I can read the colors without either highlighting or burning out my retinas. When in combat, all necessary combat information must be posted in the IC thread, or clearly linked to. All rolls you can make will be done on Nadaka's Dicebox. If you don't post in three days without a prior absence notice, I will NPC you. Absence for a week without notice is cause to bring in an alternate.

And now, the story begins, when your world ends...

~~~~~

*You were once the most powerful beings in the Endless Falls, a world of powerful extremes. In a world of godlings and demons, the most dizzying highs and the most abyssal lows, you stood on top (or beneath) all other mortals. Yet the greater gods feared and despised the power you had seized, and with a series of holocausts, destroyed everything you ever had known. It all happened so fast, a flash of light and fire, five waves of insane power, and you found yourselves adrift in this formless void. Is it the Ethereal plane? The Astral plane? Or is this only what is left behind when a world dies? It's hard to tell, things are only not what they should be, and never will again.*

*But there, in the distance, a scrap of sunlight, a hint of green, has something survived? You find that simply by concentrating you can cause yourself to move closer to it, or is it moving closer to you? At any rate, eventually you get there, a small bubble, easily passed, barely a half-mile all around. There's a grove of trees, a slice of woodland, a scrap of desert, a hint of tundra, a tiny mountain... and in the middle, a middle-aged human woman dressed in green and brown leathers, lounging against a tiger as large as a horse. Her feet trail in the small pool at her feet, and tears streak her face. What is this place? And who is she? And who are these others who are arriving?*

Last edited:

perivas

First Post
A huge tree drifts directly towards the island in the void and, just as it was about to crash, shifts its form and lightly places its many roots onto the island's solid surface. It twists its form to and fro as if examining the surrounding trees of this isolated forest. A closer look at through its yellowing foliage reveals that this is no tree but an aged treant.

Suddenly, in a booming voice it speaks talking to apparently no one in particular. "How have this place survived the ill will of the gods?"

After a brief moment, there is a response from a small voice in the branches of the great treant. "I do not know, but I believe this must be the mercy of the Green Goddess. She has preserved this land so that the world can begin anew. We have been Chosen by Her, Loudbark. Did you see as we approached the weeping woman? I would think that the Green Goddess has left a message with her. We should speak with her."

The treant answers with hesitance in his voice. "Do you think it wise? One who would survive the End Days of the Apocalypse could be dangerous."

In a soothing voice and with a gentle touch, the wooden figure answers, "Come, my large friend. We are no strangers to danger. Surely, you remember the House of Harcanas and his pet wyrm. Besides, we have no need to fear a messenger of the Green Goddess. Come, let us go." With those last words, these two begin to make their way towards the woman dressed in green and brown leathers.

Wrahn

First Post
The world has ended, yet I live on.

*He had floated there in the void for a while, the pain of his loss too much for him to do anything but mourn. Finally he realized that he could not let this stand. In his life, he had learned that nothing was impossible, that what could be done, could be done could be undone.*

*In that moment he saw it, a glimmer of something off in the void.*

*His tremendous wings unfurled, but found no air which to propel them. He dug into his pack to produce a small reed amulet, holding it in his hand he spoke:*

“Ierul.”

*Nothing.*

“Ierul!”

*Still nothing.*

“IERUL!!!”

*Volume wasn’t apparently helping. Returning the amulet to his backpack, he twisted his body to get a better look. A small glimmer of existence. Something more than he had survived.*

*He stared at it intently for a while, suddenly it seemed to grow larger.*

Is it growing? Is it moving toward me?

*Finally he found that it was he that was moving toward it, powered by his will.*

*Finally he arrived at it, a block of existence that barely measured a half mile in diameter. His initial hope was replaced by grim reality.*

Is this all? All that is left of my world?

*He willed himself forward and pushed into the bubble.*

*Standing over twelve feet tall, proto matter fell from him as his massive wings suddenly flexed throwing off the remnants of his “birth” into this very small world. His wings were golden and scaled, they wrapped around him like a cloak. He wore simple grey clothing, but he clutched a massive odd looking great sword. His fingers were clawed and golden scaled as well. His head hidden behind the blank face plate of his helmet.*

*He scanned his limited surrounding, eyeing the tiger. Finally upon seeing the crying woman, he sheaths his sword on his back and proceeds forward cautiously. He stops well back as not to threaten the tiger.*

“My name is Rahveon. I seek sanctuary.” his voice calm. His eyes hold compassion.

TheOneAboveAll

First Post
*He floats in the void. A golde speck of light. Alone in the endless nothingness, yet he does not despair. For alone in the darkness he is still alive, and where there is life ther is hope. He notices something in the distance. It matters not what only that there is something to break up the nothingness. He feels himself drawn to the place or it to him, it matters not for either way he and it are coming together.*

*As he approaches he realizes this place is a jigsaw of the world he witnessed destroyed, a composite made up of small pieces of that world as if to perserve it. A place of solace, a place of hope. He makes his approach with care, he knows nothing comes without a price and this gift must bear a gret price indeed. He sees movement below, there are others. Friends or foes he knows not which but still he approaches concern marking his face. He considers that any powerful enough to destroy a world would have power enough to hold bits of it together for their own use. He slows his approach and circles.*

*He spies an old woman her cheeks tear streaked. She sits near a clear pool with a tiger as guardian. Her sorrow is palpable. A giant form approaches her and he sheathes his weapon. His soft words are unheard from this distance. He decides to trust in hope and approaches the pool.*

"I am Solarion."

*He introduces himself and bows to both.*

"My world was lost and I awoke in the void beyond. I seek to learn the nature of such destruction and those who would cause it."

Kangaxx

First Post
Pilmer Blurwind

Even as the world shifts and crumbles around him, Pilmer knows what is happening. He expected no less. While reality itself is bent to the point of breaking, he maintains his form through sheer force of will.

The assassin couldn't kill me. The lich couldn't kill me. None of their sheep could stop me. Now they've moved beyond using pawns. The endgame must be near.

Opening his eyes, Pilmer sees the island of reality in the sea of emptiness, and the other beings gathering there. Intrigued by the possibility of other survivors, but wary of treachery, he slowly moves closer to the island. He hovers around the edges, trying to stay hidden while listening to the other survivor's conversation, and discerning their motives.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The woman stirs, looking at the four newcomers, a treant, a dryad, a golden-scaled elephant man with broad wings, and a towering trumpet archon.*

"You are welcome here, as much as one can be. Sanctuary is yours as well, for what little I can offer. As to what happened, I think I can explain. I was a guardian of the wilderness, a force of nature. I bathed in the Endless Falls so that I would have the power to bring nature's wrath upon those that would despoil her, yet I was also a wife and mother. I had six children and a loving husband. In each of their hearts was a love of the land in all its forms, and around each of their hearts I wove magic of protection.

"
I was arrogant... My children became powerful druids in their own right, like my husband, and they scattered to the far corners of the world to protect it. I though I would be able to protect and defend the world... The gods despise hubris, and fear power that rivals their own, I know this now. The greatest of them conspired together to destroy our world. This I know because some of the lesser gods did not wish our destruction. One of them whispered this to me, before sacrificing his power to keep me alive... There was a magical backlash with all the spells I had cast... and the land upon which my children and husband stood snapped back here to my grove, as they were blasted into nothing..." the woman pauses a moment here as fresh tears stream down her face.

"But I do live, as do you. We have been given... a second chance of sorts. I fear what may happen if I leave here, the last of our world may dissolve. And I will not leave what remains of my family. From here perhaps... you who are stronger can determine what to do..." the woman says haltingly, the tiger turning to nuzzle her face.

Kelleris

Explorer
197 spell points

(OOC: Arion - Akumunaga)

Always in the wrong place at the right time... I can't believe I slept through the Apocalypse... How can you not see that coming?!

"Well, never mind. We have more immediate problems."

"Not necessarily," replies Arion, as he kicks off a sludgy bit of protomatter toward the bit of tree-green in the distance. "There's nothing like the end of the world to make for some free time."

"Right. You realize that we have to punish somebody for this... "

"I got out of that particular business a long time ago, if you recall."

"But think of all the lives lost! Someone deserves some very unpleasant times in their future for this."

"How do you know that? I mean, it was probably the gods, and if it was them, how do we know they were wrong? It's not like they have any real free will anyway. Might as well get upset at the rain falling."

"Since when did you start dabbling in theology?"

The bickering becomes academic as Arion reaches the island, passing neatly through the border just in time to see a large elephant-fish-dragon-crusader-barbarian-bard engage in some dramatic posturing. *He activates zone of silence before doing so, and continues to speak at a conversational level.*

"I can feel the angst from all the way over here."

"No kidding. I tried to kill that guy once, though. Probably should hide for a while and see what's going on."

Focusing his ki for a moment, Arion looses the gates of his subconscious, drawing up a well of instinctive knowledge. (OOC: *Arion casts improvisation. He also draws Akumunaga, seeming to vanish entirely as he does so.*)

Arion sneaks toward the gathering, hoping to overhear something useful before the halfling spots him. He's been annoying ever since he got that charm bangle of his. Poor Azazel, almost feel sorry for him, even if he was a blasphemous crater of evil and all. Pilmer's not much better, anyway, from what I've heard. A pity he had to go all narcissistic and evil after finding out he had been duped so badly by that crew he was with...

(OOC: *Hide check result is a 98, plus whatever penalties they have for distance and concelament. I came in fairly close, but outside scent and blindsight range and with obstructions between me and them. Once he's close enough to hear the goings-ons, Arion makes another Hide check, the last one for the time being, because he's staying put. Result is 119. I don't need to make Move Silently checks due to zone of silence.*)

(I assumed a pretty good level of familiarity with these people, because I rolled a 66 for bardic knowledge.)

Last edited:

Wrahn

First Post
(ooc: Bardic Knowledge roll for Rahveon: 20 to know something about these people)

Rahveon raises his faceplate, looking over and nodding to the Celestial.

“I think we were all arrogant. I too believed those I loved were safe. I never dreamed that power such as this had aligned against our world…”

He sits down, on quiet for a moment, waiting for the Treant and the Dryad to arrive. Finally when everyone he can see is there.

“I am Rahveon, called the Mountain Shaker. Today is the end of the world, today we should mourn those we have lost, put old differences aside. We have holy people here, I imagine we should observe any appropriate funereal rites.”

“I shall follow my peoples traditions adding those who have gone to the spirit world to the litany of the dead. If you wish, I will add those you care about to the litany, so the benevolent spirits know to make their passage easier.”

perivas

First Post
The dryad shifts uncomfortably on her perch on the "shoulder" of the treant. At the various points during the woman's speech, she seems to want to jump up to object, but instead bites his lips and listens in silence. After the brief palpable silence of this exchange, Rahveon's hearty greeting is returned by the treant in a booming voice. "I am Loudbark Laughingoak. This is my companion, Caira Greenleaf, High Priestess of the Green Goddess. We have heard of your expl...."

Before the treant could complete his thought, he grows silent as the dryad intercedes in a soft voice. “The Green Goddess would not conspire to such wanton destruction. She is a Bringer of Life and a Creator of Prosperity. Whatever vanity you and your family brought onto the Endless Falls, you will surely answer to Her. I suggest that you demonstrate to Her your penance soon.” As she speaks, the dryad stares steadily at the woman…almost in a glare. Her focus is absolute, uninterrupted by blinking, and seems to burn into the woman.

Kangaxx

First Post
Pilmer Blurwind

They are survivors like me, too strong to die with our world. With the possible exception of that celestial. He will bear watching.

Perhaps they will give aid in my quest.

*Pilmer moves into plain view of the group, but waits for them to finish discussing silly things such a funereal rites and appeasing goddesses before he speaks.*

OOC: Spot roll 77 , Pilmer fails to notice the invisible bard.

Remove ads