[Epic] Scions of the Endless Falls

Ferrix

Explorer
Drifting through the void of splayed protomatter that was once his world, Sigrún blinks slowly, the flaring intensity of his radiant blue eyes dimming and then resuming.

This vastness, it stretches to its utmost yet it does not feel like the Astral Realm, the protoplasm however is familiar to my touch. That which I have shaped for all my life.

He raises his hand, drawing a piece of protomatter to his fingertips, he examines it, and he catches the hint of green refracting through its pearly translucence. His gaze follows the refraction to a dot of land, slowly growing closer or perhaps him to it.

A fragment of the world as it once was. It seems there are others within this bubble of existence. Great ones I do imagine, drinkers of the Endless Falls, like I was bathed within its waters for eons untold.

Approaching the edge of the island of land he recognizes the great elephantine warrior from the Bastion of Hope, the others however he cannot place.

As his form splits the edge of the bubble, his feet come to rest upon the earth, and he walks, determined into the midst of the others as the dryad berates the middle aged woman. A condescension that he did not appreciate.

"A Bringer of Life such as your Green Goddess is also a bringer of the storms and violence that ravages the skies and lands. If you cannot see that, perhaps your vanity surpasses even this poor womans own sorrow." Turning towards Rahveon, "I have seen thousands close to me pass over my years and this act of the gods compounds even that by a billion fold, add them to your litany good warrior if you wish but it is no longer the moment to mourn them."

Wrahn

First Post
perivas said:
Before the treant could complete his thought, he grows silent as the dryad intercedes in a soft voice. “The Green Goddess would not conspire to such wanton destruction. She is a Bringer of Life and a Creator of Prosperity. Whatever vanity you and your family brought onto the Endless Falls, you will surely answer to Her. I suggest that you demonstrate to Her your penance soon.” As she speaks, the dryad stares steadily at the woman…almost in a glare. Her focus is absolute, uninterrupted by blinking, and seems to burn into the woman.

"Please, this is not the time for recriminations." His voice sounds weary,"Her family is gone with the rest of our world, we have all lost people we loved. Let us mourn our losses. Tomorrow, if such a thing has meaning here, we shall try and figure out precisely what happened."

"I know this is painful and too soon. I know you all are hurting. Tonight we are all brothers and sisters, orphaned by an act of such catastophic evil the multiverse cries out for vengence."

"Tomorrow I intend to start down a path of madness. I intend to right the wrong these so called gods have inflicted on my family, on my nation, on my world. But that is tomorrow. Today is for those few of us that have lived and the little time we have to mourn the fallen before we seek an answering for what was done."

"So please, set aside your offense, accept we are all in pain and your sibling orphans need your compassion."

TheOneAboveAll

First Post
"Aye, we do need to give prayer and honor the lost. We should honor them though in taking this secnd chance and making the most of it. Hope lives on in each of us. We need to make right what has gone wrong."

*He looks around at those assembled taking stock in each of them and himself as well. He surveys his surroundinds as well the sky, the forest the pool. He senses something but does not show anything is amiss, but he waits ready.*

*He approaches the lady. He covers his fist with his open palm and he kneels before.*

"In my previous life I chose to serve a god. That was my right. I can still feel the divinty that connects me to my lord, but it is tenous at best. That connection is what gives me hope, my faith gives me strength. I offer by all that I hold dear and holy my services to you."

*He reaches out to dry her tears, then to hold her hands in his, he bows low enough to touch his head to her hands. When he lifts his head he is weeping. In his eyes is not sadness but eternal hope.*

"What is wrong shall be made right." He promises as he stands and once again looks to those with him. "This I will do alone if need be. Though I hope that it will not."

"

perivas

First Post
Ferrix said:
"A Bringer of Life such as your Green Goddess is also a bringer of the storms and violence that ravages the skies and lands. If you cannot see that, perhaps your vanity surpasses even this poor womans own sorrow."

The dryad responds to the insults of the newly arrived man in a cool, removed voice. "Such storms and violence of which you speak may be the doing of the Green Goddess and do reshape, bend, twist and even ravage the world, as you put it. But, they do not obliterate the world into nothingness. You are foolish to accept this woman's words with so little proof. She is not the Green Goddess, I would not trust this woman's words on faith alone. You would be wise to follow suit."

She is more pliant to the measured words of the elephant man. "I agree that THIS must be undone. But, be not to hasty to deem it the work of gods, until evidence proofs it true. Many mistakes have been made through such hastiness and misgiven trust. I have heard of your deeds and feats, Rahveon, and deem you as a worthy all. If you were to begin the task of uncovering the truth of the matter and then to correct THIS, I would like to join you. Solarion, your company would be a worthy addition as well. But, first, there must be discovery of the truth." At each utterance of the word "THIS", she gestures wildly and shakes with obvious anger.

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
perivas said:
The dryad responds to the insults of the newly arrived man in a cool, removed voice. "Such storms and violence of which you speak may be the doing of the Green Goddess and do reshape, bend, twist and even ravage the world, as you put it. But, they do not obliterate the world into nothingness. You are foolish to accept this woman's words with so little proof. She is not the Green Goddess, I would not trust this woman's words on faith alone. You would be wise to follow suit."

"Only those who are so faithful to a God or Goddess are truly blind. I have not heard this womans words, only the condescending air which escapes from those lips of yours." He laughs a maddening laugh as she addresses Rahveon, "she sees herself fit to deem others worthy or not, perhaps she thinks herself the equal of the Green Goddess, or perhaps the Green Goddess herself." He shakes his head, "would it be for such lofty thoughts such a crime for the gods to shatter the world?" His voice slipping away, he turns away from the dryad, and nods to the Archon.

"Whatever be the case, to see such a world of beauty shattered by a jealous hand peaks my rage. Such things are rare and fragile and those who break them deserve recompense."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I do not accuse the Green Goddess of this destruction, in truth, I do not know which gods destroyed our world and which ones protested it. I only tell you what was imparted to me by Devom, the god of caverns, before he sacrificed himself to save this slice of our world," the woman says wearily. She seems surprised at Solarian's gesture, but gives a deep bow (as well as she can while sitting).

*Rahveon recognizes the woman as the druid Fairweather, as do the others. It took a moment to recognize her. Some cilvilized people considered her a terror when she would give no quarter to prevent the expansion of cities into her wild places, but country folk often considered her a blessing, for she helped their children, animals and crops.*

TheOneAboveAll

First Post
She is more pliant to the measured words of the elephant man. "I agree that THIS must be undone. But, be not to hasty to deem it the work of gods, until evidence proofs it true. Many mistakes have been made through such hastiness and misgiven trust. I have heard of your deeds and feats, Rahveon, and deem you as a worthy all. If you were to begin the task of uncovering the truth of the matter and then to correct THIS, I would like to join you. Solarion, your company would be a worthy addition as well. But, first, there must be discovery of the truth." At each utterance of the word "THIS", she gestures wildly and shakes with obvious anger.[/QUOTE]

"The truth." Solarion turns his gaze to the dryad and smiles. "The truth is what I seek. I place no blame here. What is, is what is. We are here, that is the truth. There has been great destruction. That is the truth. We were somehow chosen, that also is the truth."

*He speaks in calm measured tones.*

"We need to understand why. Why were we allowed to survive where so many were not. How would you suggest we proceed?"

He asks the dryad.

Kelleris

Explorer
188 spell points

(OOC: Is there anything you can tell me from the bardic knowledge check I made, Isida? How much do I know about those present, and who else would I expect to show up? Is there anything else that might be worth throwing into the discussion once I decide it's safe?)

So much for the 'we are all brothers and sisters' bit... This is getting marginally unpleasant. You see, this is the problem with people like us; always get so stubborn just because you can trounce armies single-handedly and foil nefarious plots on a daily basis.

Now, then, how do I want to make my entrance? Arion is already mentally composing his opening soliloquy, occasionally trying out words and phrases to test their effect.

And Akumunaga: You are a fantastic hypocrite, Arion. You should be paying attention to these people. This could turn bloody quickly. This last is said without a trace of worry, in the flat tone of someone commenting on a minor, but pleasant, surprise.

*Just to be on the safe side, Arion casts another improvisation spell.*

Last edited:

Wrahn

First Post
To Solarion "While I can not speak of the sanity of anyone who is willing to fight entities capable of destroying worlds, I welcome company on the path of madness."

Turning to Caira, "Discovering the truth is the first step on correcting it, I agree. Again, any help on this quest is welcome."

Looking toward Sigrún, Rahveon briefly thinks to himself The Architect, his strength lies in summoning, I would not imagine him resilent enough to survive the destruction. Perhaps this is providence, the good spirit giving us the tools we need.

"I am sorry you have suffered such loss. I am the last of my people and I need to observe these rites. I must ask for your patience in this."

"Please, we have all suffered a loss today, let us hold our grievances for tomorrow, there has been enough loss today."

He turns towards those gathered, "The litany will take an hour or so, I am sure the benevolent spirits have their hands full. Please excuse me."

He rises from his seat and makes his way to the edge of the island. He reaches out and crushes some of the proto-matter wiping it across his face.

I am neither a shaman or a lorekeeper, I hope the good spirits have patience today.

He kneels saying a list of names, his hand beating a rhythm softly on the ground. If any one approaches, while he looks like he is only gently tapping the rhythm, it can be felt through the earth like a sledge hammer.

Kangaxx

First Post
Pilmer Blurwind

Pilmer speaks for the first time as Rahveon turns to leave. "Obviously it was the gods. No other has the means to strike at an entire world. They feared our power and were losing their dictatorial grip on our world, so they tried to decimate it and us." Me. "We must strike back as soon as possible, for they will know we" I "survived, and try to finish the job. The only question is how we should do so."

Remove ads