[Epic] Scions of the Endless Falls

perivas

First Post
Caira simply ignores the laughing lunatic. Though I too have been touched by madness, it was apparent that his mind is confounded by his insanity.

"Come, Loudbark, let us take leave of the others whilst they compose their litanies and prayers. We have much to think about." Caira jumps off the treant's shoulder and heads back towards the forest at which they first landed. The huge treant follows her lead, but occasionally glances back towards the others.

*Once in the forest, Caira invokes the power within her amulet (i.e., pays for XP) and casts a commune spell and speaks with the Green Goddess in a series of probing questions.

"Green Goddess, did you aid the other deities to undo the world of the Endless Falls?"

Assuming the answer is no: "Did the gods unmake the world of the Endless Falls?" else: "Have I been chosen to remake the world?"

"Should I work with these others to remake the world?"

OOC: 26 questions left.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Arion, from the songs written about these people, you know their names, professions, and any signifigant battle or deed in their life (and several of the less significant ones).*

Caria said:
*Once in the forest, Caira invokes the power within her amulet (i.e., pays for XP) and casts a commune spell and speaks with the Green Goddess in a series of probing questions.

"Green Goddess, did you aid the other deities to undo the world of the Endless Falls?"
No.

Assuming the answer is no: "Did the gods unmake the world of the Endless Falls?"
Yes.

"Should I work with these others to remake the world?"
Yes.

Kelleris

Explorer
168 spell points

Huh. Looks like this is breaking up a bit.

The Architect would probably be the best person to approach. He's the only reasonably nice person here we've never tried to kill.

Er, right. Well, never hurts to be prepared, anyway. Whipping off a pile of quick spells, Arion adds to the charisma that's already almost enough to give his position away (among other things). He finds people to be pretty pliant when asked in the right way.

*I cast jump, pass without trace, glibness, alter self (into a dark stalker), tongues, and freedom of movement on myself. :D *

His castings complete, Arion creeps toward Sigrún, waiting for him to break away from the main party, for whatever reason. He tries to keep as much distance and foliage between himself and the halfling as possible, and doesn't get within 60 feet of anyone with scent or blindsight or -sense.

As he does so, his nervousness causes him to automatically slip into the comforting cadences of the yin kata, as well as unconsciously generating an upwelling of courage in himself by weaving in an additional ki-focusing pace and stride.

*I activate the yin dance and inspire courage bardic music abilities, in that order. All told, there's going to be about a full minute before I begin to sneak up on Sigrún.*

perivas

First Post
"Are the gods building a whole new world?"

"Do the gods wish to stop us from remaking this world?"

"Is the means to remake this world located on this island of life?"

OOC: 23 questions left.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
perivas said:
"Are the gods building a whole new world?"

"Do the gods wish to stop us from remaking this world?"

"Is the means to remake this world located on this island of life?"

OOC: 23 questions left.
No. Yes. Yes.

perivas

First Post
"Is an agent of the gods who wish to stop us from remaking the world among those with whom I just spoke?"

"Is the remaking of the world Thy Will?"

"Thy Eternal Mercy and Wisdom awes this humble servant, Green Goddess. Thy Will will be done."
With that final answer in hand, Caira begins her march to rejoin the others. It is not the place of a servant to question her Lord, only to perform Her Will. The Will of the Green Goddess cannot be understood by even an immortal mind. It is enough that Her Will is known. It is my duty to fulfill Her Will.

Loudbark, all the while, had listened to the dryad's imploring prayers, although he had heard none of the responses. As they walk back, he cannot help but question her. "So, what did the Green Goddess say? Did She reveal the means to undo the destruction?"

In a calm voice, the dryad replies. "No. We have much work to do my friend."

Ferrix

Explorer
Kelleris said:
His castings complete, Arion creeps toward Sigrún, waiting for him to break away from the main party, for whatever reason. He tries to keep as much distance and foliage between himself and the halfling as possible, and doesn't get within 60 feet of anyone with scent or blindsight or -sense.

OOC: You do realize Sigrún has a constant true seeing and touchsight on him which allows him to sense anything within 60 ft. as per blindsight and see through the alter self spell.

Last edited:

Kelleris

Explorer
OOC - Yes. Assuming you have ever used it. If you haven't, I could still probably figure it out. If I couldn't, I would be playing it safe anyway. And I used alter self for the bonuses, not for a disguise.

Isida said:
Arion, from the songs written about these people, you know their names, professions, and any signifigant battle or deed in their life (and several of the less significant ones).

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
perivas said:
"Is an agent of the gods who wish to stop us from remaking the world among those with whom I just spoke?"

"Is the remaking of the world Thy Will?"

"Thy Eternal Mercy and Wisdom awes this humble servant, Green Goddess. Thy Will will be done."
No. Yes. Redeem it.

perivas

First Post
Caira and her treant companion returns to the group after an hour or so. From the altered expression on her face and matter-of-fact tone, it is obvious to all that her attitude has changed. "Have each of you concluded your rites? We have much work to do."

"Now, Grand Druid Fairweather, I know that it pains to you to discuss it. But, can you tell us any more about this magic which you wove to protect your husband and children? It may be the key to restoring the world or at least to protect whatever part of it we do manage to rebuild. Pray, continue."

Remove ads