[AE/AU] The Test of Time [Full - Alternate Welcome]

Erekose13

Explorer
[Introduction]

The Test of Time said:
The Test of Time is a very short scenario designed to start off an Arcana Evolved campaign and bring all the player characters (PCs) together. It is designed for 1st-level characters who do not know each other and just happen to be in the right place at the right time—or, perhaps, the wrong place at the wrong time. The adventure springs from the dragons’ return as detailed in Arcana Evolved and includes new concepts introduced in that book, including the ritual warrior and the dracha race.

This adventure encourages players to jointly choose a side prior to character creation, either Giants or Dragons. If you are familiar with the Lands of the Diamond Throne and the events that take place with the release of Arcana Evolved, please work together to choose a side.

[Character Creation Rules]

I would like to encourage people who will stick to a game and post with some frequency. I post about once a day during the week and would like to keep up a steady pace for this game. I don't expect people to keep up to that pace, but perhaps a few times a week is fine. This is more to let you know how often I will try to keep things going. I will set up the Rogues Gallery and In Character threads once we have enough people in.

• Characters will start at 1st level
  • Max Hit Points and Gold for 1st (200gp).
  • Stats either 33 point buy or roll via Invisible Castle
  • Books Allowed: Arcana Unearthed, Arcana Evolved, Complete Book of Eldritch Might/Grimoire 2, Mystic Secrets, Diamondthrone.com

[Example Character Sheet]

I like things in statblock format. So here is an easy sheet to fill in, just reply to this message and cut everything but the sheet off. Replace anything in <arrow brackets> and # with the information for your characters. An example character follows.

[color=<colorchoice>]<character name>[/color], <race> <class> <level>; CR #; <size and type>; HD #d# (#hp, dying #, dead #); Init #; Speed # feet; AC # (+#Dex, +#Armor, +#Shield, +#<other modifiers>), flatfooted #, touch #, ACP #, Spell Failure #; Bab +#, Grapple +#; Atk +# melee (#d#+#, critical x#, <weapon>) or +# ranged (#d#+#, critical x#, <weapon>); Full Atk: <if necessary>; SA: <if necessary>; SQ: <if necessary>; SV Fort +#, Refl +#, Will +#; Str #, Dex #, Con #, Int #, Wis #, Cha #.

Skills and Feats: (#skill points, #/# max ranks) <skill name> +# (# ranks), <etc>; <feat name>.

<Class or Race feature>: <text>

Possessions: <mundane equipment>, <magic items>, #gp #sp #cp.

Spells: #/#/# spells per day, Base Save DC # + spell level.
  • 0th - <spell names>.
  • 1st - <spell names>.
  • 2nd - <spell names>.

Combat Rites: #/# per day.

Description:

History:

[Current Character Roster]

• Elocin
  • Zoatebix
  • Scotley
  • Eonthar
  • Lobo Lurker
  • Ender Wiggin

Alternates
  • Captain Tragon
  • Ferrix

[Links]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Rurrahr Plainsrunner Litorian Unfettered

I'll bite, not sure exactly what I'll play yet. I've got some of Monte's books, but haven't actually played an AU/AE game yet. Here's the stats, class and race--more to follow.

Rurrahr Plainsrunner, Litorian Unfettered 1; CR #; medium and humanoid; HD 1d8 (Hp 10, dying -3, dead -15); Init +4; Speed 30 feet; AC 20 (+4Dex, +3Armor, +2Shield, + 1class), flatfooted 13, touch 15, ACP -1 or -3 with shield, Spell Failure 15%/30%; Bab +1, Grapple +4; Atk +4 melee (2d6+5, x3, Long Spikestick), or +5 (1d8+3, 19-20x2, Greater Battle claw), or +4 melee (1d8+3, x3, warhammer), +4 melee (1d6+3, x2, bite--can be combined with other attacks at -2 to all attacks); +5 ranged (1d6+3, l x2, javelin--range 30'); SV Fort +2, Refl +6, Will +0; Str 16, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 15, Wis 11, Cha 14.

Skills and Feats: (24 skill points, 4/2 max ranks) skillname +# (# ranks), Balance +5 (1 ranks)Bluff +6 (4 ranks), Gather Information +5 (3 ranks), Intimidate +4 (0 ranks), Jump +4 (1 ranks), Knowledge (Nobility and Courtesy +3 (1 ranks), Listen +2 (0 ranks), Open Lock +6 (1 ranks), Search +7 (3 ranks), Sense Motive +3 (3 ranks), Sneak +5 (1 ranks), Spot +4 (2 ranks), Swim +4 (1 ranks), Tumble +7 (3 ranks), Wilderness Survival +2 (0 ranks); Bonded Item (Greater Battle Claw), Bite (bite attack 1d6+3, but -2 to all attacks).

Low-Light Vision: Litorians can see twice as far as humans in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, etc. They also retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.

Litorian Skill Bonuses: +2 racial bonus on Intimidate, Search, Spot, Listen, and Wilderness Survival checks.

Languages: Litorian, Common, Giant, and Draconic

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: The unfettered is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, agile exotic weapons, Light armor, and shields.

Armor Class Bonus (Ex): When wearing Light armor or no armor, the unfettered gains a special dodge bonus to Armor Class that increases every three levels. Unfettered are trained to move quickly and dodge blows with astounding speed.

Parry (Ex): An armed unfettered uses his skill and training to judge the timing of an opponent’s incoming strike and how to block it. The unfettered can choose to add his Intelligence modifier to his Armor Class against a single opponent in a given round, although this bonus can never exceed half the unfettered’s class level (minimum 1). The parry ability works only against melee attacks, and only against attacks the unfettered is aware of;
he cannot parry an invisible opponent.

Possessions: Studded Leather Jack, Long Shield, Greater Battle Claw (bonded item), Long Spike Stick, Warhammer, Javelins x12, bed roll, winter blanket, 5 days trail rations, backpack, large pouch, waterskin x2, parchment x20 sheets, ink and pen; <magic items>, 66 gp 7sp 10cp.

Description: Rurrahr is a powerfully built Litorian more than six and a half feet tall and weighing more than two hundred pounds. His face is ringed in a carefully brushed golden brown mane. His eyes are dark and alert. His nose is dark on his otherwise light brown face and has a couple of dots of pink on it. He smile reveals sharp pointed white teeth and is disconcerting to those unfamiliar with Litorians. His voice is deep and sonorous making him a popular storyteller. He wears a buff colored studded leather jack and a large quiver of javelins on his shoulder. He carries a long shield and a wickedly spiked staff. A warhammer and a gauntlet backed with claws hang at his belt. His wrists are adorned with bracers of spotted fur from a fast plains deer. He wears a bronze medallion around his neck depicting a Litorian hunter.

History: Rurrahr grew up like most of his kind roaming the central plains. He was found to be strong and bright at a young age and is popular among his people. He often led small hunts and patrols for his tribe. But his strength and popularity made him a threat to the chieftain’s heirs. With the recent changes in the world the old chief felt he needed information about the larger world. He chose several promising young Litorian and set them on a mission to make their way in the world and send back word of what is happening beyond the plains. Rurrahr soon found he enjoyed life among other races. He loves trying new foods and hearing stories and tales of great deeds. His strength and speed coupled with his intimidating size make it easy for him to find word as a guard or courier and slowing he explores sending back reports to his tribe whenever he can.

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?a=show&id=67908

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Scotley said:
I'll bite, not sure exactly what I'll play yet. I've got some of Monte's books, but haven't actually played an AU/AE game yet. Here's the stats, class and race--more to follow.

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?a=show&id=67908

Scotley, I am not sure I have ever seen that stat matrix thing before. If anyone else wants to take that one go for it. And I'll up point buy (for those who like to play it safer) to 33 as both stats rolled so far rock.

When using the stat block I put in there, go ahead and remove the "<" & ">" signs.

Remove ads