EXEXCRUCIATION - a Noblilis PbP

sophist

First Post
The Begining and the End

After the waves of darkness and light end, you come back to your senses. Diadora has sunk back into the floor of her temple and you have been ennobled. New sights and sounds assault your senses until you manage to gain back the control. You see that a man appeared. He wears simple, sheepherder's clothing, has long black hair, and eyes wise beyond his physically young years. Yet it begins again: an enourmous flood of images drowns out any thought. Yet, you understand: the tree that carries the world, Heaven and Hell; glimmers of other worlds rise in your mind – then Lord Entropy, earth's Lord of unfahomable origin, and the other Impetrators and Nobles. Too much. But even more images come: a vast darkness filled with stars, so large that could be reduce even the mightiest souls to insignificance – and an unfathomable darkness, a spiritual blackness that cannot be understood.

Mercifully, it ends again. As you pick yourself up, the shepherd watches you intently. As you brush the dust from your clothes, he begins to speak:

„ The Mistress has chosen you. The time has come. As you will understand your duties, you will see the need of your service. Yet great deeds always also take a lot from you. And bound in service your freedom must suffer.

„But dispair not: But have been given one last time on your earth, free from the troubles of Noble life. You may set your affairs in order, live a time of joy and innocence or do as your freedom dictates. You have seven days, seven hours, seven minutes. Not a second more. Then you will be called upon for your first duty: Attendance of the Locust Court, to one of Lord Entropy's revels.

„This is your last chance to have a time untouched by intrigue, when the mortals will remember you, when cruel secrets are still locked for you, and when your honor will mean much to mortal man(***). Take this chance.“

He nods and gives you an encouraging smile. „ I am the the Elatic, some call me a stranger. Until yesterday, I was but a sheperd, living my days happily on the green hills of Degg. Now I am the herold of your mistress in Derr, to speak where She must gather strength. If you need anything, you can call on me. My herd is now this city. I will always be near the temple to watch over it.

„You, Baronet, have been given the highest control of this realm, so I assume you will be the Noble of the highest authority in this realm. We need an honorable judge desperatly. Due to others duties, the old power left an important case unresolved.

„Marchessa, your help will be needed here, too, but I guess more out on the earth. Your domains has become scarce in the world of man.

You alone, Marquis of the Forgotten, will know the way to your castle. Guard the thing there and unveil their cloak of forgetfulness only when great needs demand it. (***)“

//* Where there asterisks are (***) this post can be modified to include/remove (new) players *//

Last edited:

Timeboxer

Explorer
Alyra Tannenbaum, Marchessa of Innocence

The newly enNobled Marchessa of Innocence pats down her rather drab T-shirt and jeans. "I wonder if all this is going to mean a wardrobe change..." she says to herself thoughtfully, before looking up at her Familia. "I think," says Alyra Tannenbaum with a bit of a nervous grin, "that before we start to do anything too complicated, that I should like to know who you all are. I know your titles, of course, but, that doesn't tell me who you are, after all. And if we're all going to be brothers and sisters -- or brothers and sister, I suppose -- I'd like to know." She seems to have an intensely interested look in her eyes -- spurred on by a spark of the spiritus Dei, perhaps?

Wandering soul

First Post
Michael Martinez, Duke of Shadows

Michael frowns thoughtfully as he idly pushes a finger through some of the many small round holes in his black, militaristic clothing. "I am forced to agree with you.. my last outing seems to have been rather hard on my outfit".

He shrugs self-depreciatingly as he says "I have often found titles to be things that people do not truly earn and will frequently attempt to hide behind. I would ask that you use mine only where absolutely necessary - particularly as experience suggest that my existence should not be a matter of general knowledge"

"As to who I am, there is little to tell. For now, simply consider me a soldier, who has attempted to do his best for his country and will now endevour to do the same for his 'familia'".

"Perhaps these other fine gentlemen would make more interesting specimens for your study? Alternatively, if you do not consider it an imposition, I for one would certainly be fascinated to learn more of your good self."

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
David Artel, Baronet of Chivalry, True King of Derr'Degg

"I think," David smiles, "that the lady was asking for a name, soldier. I am glad that we seem to have similar goals to do the best for our familia, and am grateful to be joined with each of you. As for me, I am David Artel, Baronet of Chivalry. And, apparently, the True King of our Chancel -- you didn't introduce yourself, little one. I think we will come to know each other with time, though." David looks each person in the eyes as he shakes each hand, "Elatic, thank you for your offer -- I am sure we will find occasion to speak with you more than once. I will try to be an honorable judge in all the matters I preside over, and if there is a place I am needed then I will indeed attend to it."

Last edited:

Wandering soul

First Post
Michael Martinez, Duke of Shadows

Michael smiles wryly and says "names... what are they really worth?

However, if it is a name that you want, perhaps it should be the one that I was known by in the mortal world".

He pauses in recollection... then bows and with distinct irony says

"Call me Mamba, it is as good a name as any I have had".

Timeboxer

Explorer

Alyra looks a bit bemused as David calls her "little one," but lets it pass. "Well," she says a bit pointedly, "my name is Alyra Tannenbaum, and I'm supposed to be the Marchessa of Innocence." She shrugs a bit, causing her distinctive butterfly earrings to twist and turn as they dangle. "I'm... well, I guess I used to be a college student, but I suppose that's kind of changed now. I think I've changed, too. I feel... well... different." Another shrug, and the thoughtful look turns into a focused one. "Well, David, and 'Mamba'," she says, momentarily forgetting the Marquis of the Forgotten, "what unfinished business have you all left to do? I think I have a few people to say good-bye too. And then, to say hello again. Perhaps you'd like to come with me?"

sophist

First Post
In the city of Derr, Agora

As you talk, you become more aware of your surroundings: you are now standing on a large, somewhat circular open space covered with bright sand. This space, which the locals call Agora is the center of public life. Around it are dozens of flat, wide buildings with the layout roughly in the shape of a square. You see no gardens, but you just know that each house has a garden at it's center. 5 streets lead away from the agora, and along them are more houses. All the houses have a clean white colour, with red roofs.

In the middle of the agora is the vast temple of Diadora. It's Doric pillars are at least 5 stories high! Above the pillars is the marble roof, creating a large open space underneath. Only the rear part of the temple is enclosed by a walls, but still there must be enough living room for the dozen or so priestesses, which now leave this building taking only half of the temple volume.

Beyond the polis, you can see green hills rising in the distance, and you can almost feel that the land of Degg is different from this small city. As if there was an invisible wall between land and city, preventing he mixing of spirit and ... anti-sprirt. No, that can't be. Neither city or land could be anathema to each other. Different, seperated somehow, but created from the same base matter. Another beyond and below - must be the true danger?
But the idea fades, and you know of the sheperds in these green lands. They have songs of great beauty, carrying magical power. A song of love that will melt the most biiter heart. or cruel melodies of mockery that can drive a honest man beserk or to dispair. But most of the time, they only sing for joy (although some claim that it helps the herds).
And then, there are the faen.

The Elatic stranger sits down on the stairs of the temple, takes out a case of cigarettes and begins to smoke - by the smell of it - a turkish one. The priestesses are walking up to him.
In the city itself, the people are slowly arriving, too. They hid from the last attack in their houses, but now that the fight seems over, they stream to the agora. But they give you a lot of personal space and most cast their eyes down respectfully when you look at them.

Jdvn1

Nodding, David replies, "Pleased to meet each of you, Mamba and Alyra. If you would have company, I would be glad to join you, Alyra. As for my good-byes, I'd rather do them alone. I think my family would want to spend such a personal time only with close relations."

Jdvn1

David moves toward the Elatic, "Um, what exactly happened here? Some sort of attack?"

Timeboxer

Explorer

Alyra smiles -- a mysterious smile. "Well, think of it as Familia bonding time," she says. "Besides, I've nothing to hide, and if we're going to be together, we may as well get to know each other." Alyra gives David a sidelong glance. "Be careful of the Windflower Law. I saw it in my mind before. I don't know how well it's enforced, but..." She shrugs. "And as for you, 'Mamba,' what have you left to do in the world?"

She surveys the green beauty around her, and takes in a deep breath of the pure air, before realizing that some of it is suffused by the odors of Turkish smoke. The girl grins. "Say, Elatic stranger-person. Mind if I have a smoke?"

[sblock]Let's test out this Restriction of mine, then...[/sblock]

Remove ads