• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EXEXCRUCIATION - a Noblilis PbP

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Pensive, David muses, "The Windflower Law... yes, all the more reason. Since we are currently not bound by Noble life, I must say my goodbyes before I am required not to care one way or another."

He opens his eyes widely, as if realizing something, "That is enough of such talk, though, Little One. We have much to do in such little time. I... I don't think... can you smoke? Such things are not considered healthy, you know."

sophist

First Post
The Elatic grins at David. "You don't remeber, Sire? YOu all came here when our great impatrix slew the last Excrucian attacking her. Since her nobles all died in defense, she ennobled you in her imperial wisdom. Must have been more than coincidence that you came."

He offers Aylra the cigarrete case:"Take them all, Mylady. There's enough of that grwing all over the chancel. But don't take them to prosaic earth. The one of old powers told me, on your prosaic world, they're forbidden."

Wandering soul

First Post
Michael Martinez, Duke of Shadows

"I have a smalll task to resove. These holes in my clothing were courtesy of one I called friend. It is time that he realised how important he really is in the great scheme of things."

Perhaps you would like to come along - it would be an opportunity to observe each other in action?

Michael glances at Alyra.

"Would you happen to have any Columbians? I aquired something of a taste for them when I was younger."

Jdvn1

David raises an eyebrow, "What, um, are you planning, exactly? Grudges are not becoming of a gentleman." He shifts to his other leg, "Then again, punishment for a crime may be in order, though I would point out that the role of executioner would be... in a word, overkill."

Wandering soul

First Post

My ex-commander set up a little encounter between me and lots of bullets. You see, I've been asking questions that he probably doesn't want answered. Having me killed in the line of duty is the perfect solution.

For such a betrayal, he deserves execution, but that would be a waste and a fleeting revenge. My intention is to use the Rite of the Servant on him. I don't think he'll be too agreeable to the idea though, so it should be an interesting trip...

Jdvn1

David looks off in a direction, "Yes, that seems like a fitting punishment for trying to kill you. To serve the man he killed. One life for another. ... Oh, I'm sorry, Marchessa. You must not like these images. I apologize, Little One. You don't need to watch, if you wish."

Wandering soul

First Post

"I wonder, how does one determine the time on the prosaic earth? I think a night-time visit would be most appropriate. It is likely that the gentleman in question would be quite difficult to sequester without note during the normal working day.

Let us see what he is doing at this moment shall we?"

Michael crouches down, his shadow falling on the ground before him. He reaches out a finger and seems to stir the shadow in a circular motion, forming it into a perfect circle on the ground. Finally, he quickly dips his finger into the circle's centre, causing it to ripple out as if it were liquid. As the ripples fade, an image appears, showing an office in the shade of early evening light.

<lesser divination of domain, looking out of the shadows around his ex-commander's office>

"Hmm.. I wonder where he is....? No matter, are we all ready?"

With that, Michael places a finger on either side of the shadow and stretches it until it is 3 feet across.

"After you my friends... simply step into the circle".

<not sure what miracle level this would be...? any thoughts>.

Timeboxer

Explorer
Alyra Tannenbaum, Marchessa of Innocence

"Oh, you're being silly, Dave," says Alyra, plucking a cigarette out of the case and lighting it -- but, somehow, a bit awkwardly, as if she's doing this for the first time. She tips the lit cigarette in the air. "It's not as if I've never smoked, y'know. As for you, 'Mamba' --" the quotation marks drop audibly into place around this moniker "-- I don't really like the idea of, um, bound service. Freedom's important, even for the guilty. I s'pose this is your own business, though. But, as much as I'd love to go with you, wouldn't it be a good idea for you to change into..." The girl glances at Michael's bullet-riddled clothes. "...something more scary for your boss first, I guess?"

At that, Innocence brings the cigarette to her mouth, and takes a deep draught, so as to enjoy the warmth before she leaves the chancel -- which is suddenly interrupted by her smoke-filled coughs. Alyra looks, a bit disgustedly, at the cylinder of lit tobacco between her fingers, and croaks, "I suppose things are a bit different now..." She takes another deep breath of the pure green air, sighs, and wordlessly proffers the cigarette, and the case, to the Duke.

Wandering soul

First Post

Michael smiles as he takes the lit cigarette from Alyra.

"The name may amuse you my lady, but such things can be of use when dealing with mortals. My real name would mean nothing to any of them. My nickname though, that would be a different matter to many of the more shady elements of the mortal world."

He pauses to take a deep drag on the cigarette.

"As to the clothes, you do have a point". Perhaps something more 'scary' is in order. How about this...?"

Michael stretches out his arms and shadows stream towards him from all sides of the chancel. The shadows spin around him, merging with his body and increasing his stature massively. Large sheets of shadow spin up behind him, forming insubstantial wings, raised above his shoulders in threat. His skin fades to a dusky grey and his features turn wolfen, lengthening into a muzzle, loaded with black teeth, dripping ebony fire. <lesser creation of domain> + <shapechange>.

Michael's unchanged voice comes from the creature;

"Better, or too ostentatious"?

Lichtenhart

First Post
Simon T. Kinnon, Duke of Keys

It takes the newly-made Duke of Keys a little more time to fully understand what happened to him, and what he has become. As he returns to light and conscience, a realization explodes right at the center of what was once his heart: he has a family again! He has a mother, glorious, and deadly wounded, and brothers, and a sister! This new feeling spreads through him, quenching a deep loneliness he almost forgot about. His eyes open wide, looking for his Familia.

He makes a few, hesitant step toward the others, the girl with eyes of the deepest sky, the man of noble bearing, and the demon shrouded in darkness. He feels almost liquid, slowly taking the shape of his old body, and his voice is equally uncertain as he greets them with a warm, merry smile:

"I am Simon... and I am Keys...brothers."

Remove ads