• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EXEXCRUCIATION - a Noblilis PbP

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
David looks at Alyra with an odd look, shakes his head, and then looks at Mamba. "I thought bullet-riddled clothes were intimidating myself, but that doesn't look bad either. You might want your, um, ex-commander to know who's coming for him, though. You should do just that while he can see you. After all, the change is pretty sc-- Oh, hello, Simon. Nice to meet you."

David shakes Simon's hand, "I'm David. This is Mamba and Alyra. Chivalry, Shadows, and Innocence, respectively. Diadora has put together what seems like a lively bunch." He smiles at the others, "We're going to bring some justice to a friend of Mamba's. Fresh delivery. Well, 'friend'. Oh, and the Elatic over here. Diadora's herald."

Thinking to himself, another thought occurs to David. "Mamba, I'd rather not barge into this man's home. Is that his office or his home? I wouldn't want to mess up his home, if there happens to be any roughness."

Wandering soul

First Post
Michael Martinez, Duke of Shadows

Michael reverts back to his previous form and turns to David.

"Do not worry, this is his office. Our visit will have more impact in a place where he believes himself to be untouchable. You make a good point though, perhaps showing the change from the man he knew to the 'demon' he has become will give more of an impact".

Michael clasps Simon's elbow and shakes his hand firmly.

"I'm sure our talents will work well together. One thing that immediately springs to mind though.. would your domain cover such things as the key to a persons heart or perhaps their loyalty?"

Timeboxer

Explorer
Alyra Tannenbaum, Marchessa of Innocence

Alyra looks very, very tense for a few moments, before appearing significantly more relieved as Michael decomposes himself back from the darkness into something resembling human. "I think that's scary enough," she says wanly. Perking her ears at Simon's words and catching him at the edge of her vision, she turns to this new distraction and takes a great amount of care in very elaborately, ceremoniously, and distinctly sticking her tongue out at the Duke of Keys. "What do you mean, 'brothers'? It's not like I'm not here, y'know, 'cause I am. And besides, I know what your Estate is. But I wanna know who you are."

Innocence sighs, and runs her fingers through her pixie-cut hair, almost as if it were a habit held over from the days of longer tresses. "Y'know, Shadows, you'd think that a bit of subtlety would be in your jurisdiction, too... But, I've always thought that loyalty is best obtained through, I don't know, service by choice. I'm sure David will agree," she adds, having no idea if he will agree or not. She shrugs.

And then: "I suppose," says Alyra thoughtfully, "that it might be a good idea to know what we all stand for. But I suppose that can wait until we've gotten to know each other."

Lichtenhart

First Post
He returns the handshakes with his nimble but strong grasp.
"David. Mamba." he says as if he was savouring the words.
"I'm not sure yet, Mamba, but I don't think my Estate would like to be used to control people. But I guess it could give a clue about what would win one's loyalty."
Then he turns to his sister.
"I'm sorry, Alyra, I didn't mean to offend you at all. It's just... I don't know.."
He grabs her hands, and walks around her, as if to watch her in every light, new wonders blossoming in his eyes at each step. After a full circle he stops and hugs her, lifting her and making her spin, before putting her down.
"It's gonna take some time for me to get used to all of this, but I'm really happy to know you.
as to who I am, my name is Simon Theodore (though I have often fancied it was Templar) Kinnon. I am canadian, but I studied in England and in America. I have been the only member of my family for 19 years. I love maths and classical music. And I have some other... unconventional talents and occupations I'm sure you'll find about soon." he answers with a smirk.
"Justice? What did this man do, Mamba?"

Jdvn1

"Choice is indeed the best way to gain loyalty, Alyra, but I don't think that's at the front of Mamba's mind. This is more of a punishment, and after the completion of the Rite it is in the ex-commander's best interest to be somewhat loyal to Mamba. Assuming he wants to live, that is."

David smiles as Alyra is swung around. "Not every day that happens to you, is it? Most people don't get that after they're kids. Simon, the man that we are to see is the one that killed Mamba. It is not a matter to be taken lightly; he is a murderer. Oh, Mamba has details, though."

Timeboxer

Explorer
Alyra Tannenbaum, Marchessa of Innocence

Alyra raises an eyebrow as Simon takes her hands, which eventually turns into full eye-widening as he puts his arms around her. "Hey! ...what... you... Hey!" she manages to sputter, caught entirely by surprise as her legs leave the ground and twirl around in a three-sixty, assisted by the young man. The tall girl stumbles to the ground a bit as Keys relinquishes her to gravity once more, and attempts to look affronted. This is not entirely successful, but she flashes David a Look, before turning back to Simon. "What was that fooooooooor?!" she exclaims, in a voice that just might be on the edge of a whine.

sophist

First Post
Michel knows from lesser Divinations of Shadows that there are lots of them in his ex-commander's office. Examining their state and knowing that the office is high in a New York Skyscraper, it is probably night and he is not there.

<to actually view the office would me level 5 IMO, since 2 informs about the state of the Domain while 5 let's you "reveal things through the agency of the estate"p. 96
To create connected shadows as a portal is pobably Level 7, shadows are not normally thought of as connected. also it'd be pretty impressive see p. 97
but since you didn't know what I'd rule, I assume you spent no MP for neither Levels 5 nor 7>

Alyra feels a bit more whoosy than anticipated, assuming she inhaled (unlike Clinton :) ). To call the Elatic's cigartettes turkish was probably an euphemism, but what else would innocence know of the strange stuff the Elatic put in his cigarettes? But maybe he should have known better to give such a thing to a young person.
Oh, and he said, he doesn't have any Columbian cigarettes, and what you gather from the lit cigarrette Alyra handed you, you don't want a "columbian" if a cigarette mostly of hemp is his idea of "turkish".

Around you, now a veritable crowd has gathered. They watch you and you hear a low murmur as the inhabitants of Derr talk to each other about their new masters. Meanwhile, the Elatic is through with his ... shall I still call it a cigraette? ... and watches the priestesses, who have gathered at the templefront, in an absent bliss.

Last edited:

Wandering soul

First Post
Shrugging, Michael says "I have always been a man of direct, but covert action Alyra. Perhaps my domain will influence me over time, but until then, this is what I am".

"Strange that he's not in his office... ". He frowns and takes on a distracted air as he seems to stare into space for a few seconds.

<Thanks Sophs :) Ok, lvl 5 it is. I'll spend 1 DMP and use my domain to locate him before forming that portal to the deepest shadow near his ex-boss>.

"Ah, found him!. Keys, If you are to come along, you should appreciate his crime."

Michael proceeds to explain his recent history to Keys, then steps through the portal, leaving it open for the others to come through, should they wish.

sophist

First Post
You locate him the ex-boss in a luxourious apartment, fast asleep. The woman lying beside him is defintly not his wife, it's his secretary. Both are asleep.

<Generating that portal will cost you more DMP(4!for a Deep Miracle) since it's Lvl 7 - see above, or 2 AMP or SMP to fuel the chancel magic to avoid heavy exaustion - it's still a pretty impressive stunt. Also chancel magic will require a bit of singing or poetry (that how it works here)>

if that is ok for you your actions work as posted.

Jdvn1

Smiling, David turns to the crowd. After a short wave, he starts to make is way to meet his people and greets a few of them by name. "Hello, I am True King David Artel, otherwise known as Chivalry. There is no need for alarm, the fighting is over for now. We will see that you are all safe in the future. Please excuse us for now, we have some... justice to serve."

If the ex-boss is in his home, I'll tag along. Otherwise, I'll ask to Mamba to make the portal outside of the apartment and then we can avoid making a mess in his home.

Remove ads