• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EXEXCRUCIATION - a Noblilis PbP

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
David smiles and gestures toward the handkerchief as two birds come, pick up the handkerchief, and place it in David's hand. "I believe this is yours, Medea," David winks as he returns her article.

I can mimic a Lesser Creation of Birds to pick up the handkerchief while in my chancel. Next, I'll use a Lesser Divination of Realm with Penetration 2 (total 4, no RMP) to try to find out who the man is. He's irked me a bit so far. Also, you haven't told me I can go with Shadows, so I'll assume I can't.

sophist

First Post
Inside the handkerchief is a note hidden. you can take that without anyone noticing.

As Medea takes back the handkerchief she makes a courtous bow.

Suddenly, the Elatic rises again. "Um, er, I beg you pardon, Duke of Keys. As you were not exactly back to your senses, I forgot to mention your castle." He tries to concentrate. "Ah, hrm-hm, Duke of Keys you alone will know what is locked in your castle."

<ooc - for reference the elatic is stoned, not me>

As if someone knew the true king, the protection of the "hidden" man resists even peneration 2.

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Okay, I'll do so and read it later.

... That hidden man is going to annoy me, I'm sure.

Edit: Actually, a Lesser Divination of Knowledge to know what the note says.

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
Amy Kou'ai said:
Alyra sniffs, not unkindly, at Simon. "Well, I didn't see you picking up the other two and spinning 'em all 'round, y'know, so I don't know what's so special about me."
"You sure are lighter, Alyra" he says, winking at her. The lady of Innocence cannot help but perceive that none of his overflowing happiness is faked, and that he may even be a little more grateful for his sister than for his brothers.
sophist said:
A large, very muscular man with greying hair eyes Keys.
Simon steps down the temple staircase, and as he does so, his clothes and haircut begin to change, and become more and more similar to those of the Derr citizen gathered around them.
(I'm practicing my guise)
He walks right to the man that was staring at him, and before he may bow or show any sign of respect, he offers his hand.
"I don't think we ever met..." he says to him, but to the others around as well "...but i'd like to make up for that. Did you know my predecessor?"
sophist said:
It is very possible that nobles present and looking around the crowd notice the man trying to hide. Annoyingly, he does not show up on a Lesser Divination.
That's weird. I should look into that later. Who may him be? I don't like the way he disappears. I'll ask Mamba.
sophist said:
Suddenly, the Elatic rises again. "Um, er, I beg you pardon, Duke of Keys. As you were not exactly back to your senses, I forgot to mention your castle." He tries to concentrate. "Ah, hrm-hm, Duke of Keys you alone will know what is locked in your castle."
A part of Simon, lost in soul depths he's slowly beginning to discover, stirs at the mention of his castle.
"The Palace of Keys" he murmurs, words coming to his mouth from another life, the memories of someone else, scattered images flashing in his mind of embattled walls, narrow doors opened only by golden keys, a dusty road to the south.
I should go there soon. It calls a me, like... I left something unfinished there.
"Thank you, my good Elatic. Bring my thanks to our Mistress too. I'll begin my custody as soon as possible."

Timeboxer

Explorer
Alyra Tannenbaum, Marchessa of Innocence

Alyra looks a bit helplessly at Keys and Chivalry -- the general gist being, Do we have to all go help Shadows out...? -- before she turns to the little girl again, genuine interest on her face. "Innocent ladies before me, huh? Well, what kinda flowers are these in your garden, then, anyway?" She pokes the girl in the tummy. "And what's your name, then, huh? Mine's Alyra, y'know."

OOC: Makes me wonder if other people are all clustered around watching me or something.

sophist

First Post
The muscular man takes your hand, but bows his head nonetheless. "Duke, my name Thoren. I and your Lordship's predecessor worked together on many keys and locks with the hammer he gifted me." He shows you a large, rather unwieldy hammer that looks like it could smash keys, not make them. "The Hammer of the Mind's Eye."

Timeboxer

Explorer
OOC: I think Jdvn1 is really enjoying this bit where you can just wave your hand over a note you haven't even opened, and know what it says. >.>

Cuuuuurious about what the little girl wants with me now. And what the heck the guy is about.

Wandering soul

First Post
<Generating that portal will cost you more DMP(4!for a Deep Miracle) since it's Lvl 7 - see above, or 2 AMP or SMP to fuel the chancel magic to avoid heavy exaustion - it's still a pretty impressive stunt. Also chancel magic will require a bit of singing or poetry (that how it works here)>

<Guess it's SMPs then...>

Mamba starts to speak quietly, staring into space...

"The prophetic tribe of the ardent eyes
Yesterday they took the road, holding their babies
On their backs, delivering to fierce appetites"

Credit: Charles Baudelaire - Travelling Bohemians

"Are you guys coming or what?"

Jdvn1

David nods, "Oh, yes, of course. Could you tell us where it is? I don't think I should just enter his home like that. If I knew where it was, I could create a passage way outside his door, maybe. Or, I think some of our acquaintances might have some useful gifts available themselves."

I don't know if you saw my edit, sophist, but I wanted a lesser divination of knowledge to know what the note says

sophist

First Post
Ok, Shadows portal is open and he is on his way through. <giving you all one more chance to come with him. I won't resist changing the destination to ouside his home, is easy and covered in your SMP expenditure.> The portal will stay open for about 5 minutes.

The little girl says: "Me name's Angela. I have all kind s of flowers: Acantus, Amarant, Amaraylis for the Heral', Aspen for da temple lady, roses - i like them - both yellow and red. Even Holy'ock, which out neighbors like. Then some new ... And that lady from your castle", Angela looks around, waves for you to come closer, and whispers in your ear, "Mrs. Rottenmeier said to my Mummy I wasn't allowed to keep Jasmin."

The crowd slowly dissolves, the people heading back to their homes, as all had the opportunity to see the new nobles, and be somewhat near the new true king.

The message contains this:[sblock]Dear Baronet, it is good that such a handsome man was chosen. If you want to continue our meetings, send me three red roses tomorrow. I can barely stand the mundaneness of my husband and the high society or Derr. Only you can give me the feeling i have the standing that should be rightfully mine. I will be waiting anxiously, Medea[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads