• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Story hours everyone should read

Guilberwood

First Post
Hi Guys,

i know this question must come arround a lot form time to time, but I was wondering if I could ask it again

I'm starting to read storyhours now, and I'm loving it! So I was wondering what good storyhours do you guys recomend reading

I know Sagiro's and Piratecat's are the favorites, but I guess there's plenty of other good stories to read. Im reading Sepulcre's one too, and strongly recomend it (Sepulcrer I am your fan)

So if could name a few good ones, and what they're about I'd be very grateful (links would be even more appreciated)

Also, are there any Dragonlance storyhours in the boards?

Thanks a lot,
Guilberwood

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator

My first storyhour, Savannah Knights, was one of the few storyhours posted way back on Eric Noah's old boards. I've got a new storyhour (linked in my sig) that is in the same setting, but I haven't been updating it enough, sadly.

I read the original Contact's Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil. It was a hoot. Also read Pkitty and Sagiro's. I haven't gotten much past the first few posts of any other storyhours since then. Dunno. Just none of the characters have grabbed me, I guess.

pogre

Legend
Here are a couple of newer ones that are very well written and still receive updates from time to time:

To Find A King by Mortepierre

The Happenings of Lucifus Cray by Herreman the Wise

These two fellows deserve lots of hits for their efforts.

Many of my other favorites have not updated for months and months. I'm assuming you have read the classic Wulf Ratbane story hour. If you haven't read it from start to finish!

My own story hour varies wildly in the quality of the writing but I include pictures of the miniature action on a somewhat regular basis and try to convey the feel of our great campaign adequately.

Finally, a cool story hour because it traces the party from 1st level to epic levels is Wizardru's Story Hour by Zad. The writing is not always stellar, but that's not the intent - you can get a feel for how much fun the group is having at the table.

Sepulchrave II is the king of story hour writing, but honestly I don't know if I would have fun at his table. I would like to think I would, but it just seems sooo deep. By far the greatest story hour though - I agree.

Kid Charlemagne said:
I'll also pimp Barsoomcore's Dead Man's Chest, since he's too nice to pimp it himself...
My favorite has always been his regular Barsoom Story Hour myself, although it hasn't been updated in something like nine months. And I'll second jonrog's DarkMatter story hour, and ledded's WWII grim and gritty supers game. Both are amazing, and not a little bit quirky. Which is a big part of their charm. Other story hours that I liked a lot, but haven't read in months are the Alea Iacta story hour of a D&D Imperial Rome and Roman Britain, either of the Faded Glory storyhours (by Rel and Old One respectively; Old One is the original, but Rel's is great stuff too), drnuncheon's Freeport story hour and CleverName's "Byzantine on the Shannon" story hour. Sorry for the no linkie; did I mention I haven't read them in months? If you have trouble finding them, I can probably do a search.

All amongst my favorite threads on ENWorld.

der_kluge

Adventurer
I just started a new story hour today. It's the adventures of the character I'm currently playing. It's only got one post in it, so, it won't take long to read! :)

Link in my sig.

See the thread below for some oldies-but-goodies
Bump an old Story Hour

Sepulchrave's story hours have been compiled here. Be warned -- it's long, extremely well written, addictive... and prone to months-long or seasons-long hiatuses.
Tales of Wyre: The Compiled Sepulchrave Story Hour

Destan's story hours are also well worth a read. Plus, he's the only Story Hour author (to my knowledge) to get off his butt and actually have his campaign setting published.
Sins of Our Fathers II

Remove ads