General Discussion Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
rln said:
I'd probably ask the sage about that one. I think Rae's option C sounds like a logical explanation to why it costs 3000 instead of 1000.
The Sage makes some interesting house rules and personal modifications sometimes--if we want a RAW reading, it'll probably be faster and more accurate to ask Hypersmurf in the Rules Forum (though if the Sage does make a particularly elegant house rule, we can always propose it and vote on it)

Dungannon

First Post
How do we handle XP for NPCs? I have a character in my "Rats in a Maze" game that was abandoned by its player. I've NPCed him the remainder of the adventure (giving him half xp for encounters) and the PCs have reached a pause where XP will be rewarded. The NPC has enough XP to level up but I don't know if I should do the level up or not.

Patlin

Explorer
Dungannon said:
How do we handle XP for NPCs? I have a character in my "Rats in a Maze" game that was abandoned by its player. I've NPCed him the remainder of the adventure (giving him half xp for encounters) and the PCs have reached a pause where XP will be rewarded. The NPC has enough XP to level up but I don't know if I should do the level up or not.

When this issue came up in a game I was DMing, I made my decision *entirely* based on the plot, the CR of the upcoming fight, and what I wanted the effective party level to be heading into the upcoming battle. NPCs, even if they were former PCs, are entirely the DM's perogative.

Dungannon

First Post
Patlin said:
When this issue came up in a game I was DMing, I made my decision *entirely* based on the plot, the CR of the upcoming fight, and what I wanted the effective party level to be heading into the upcoming battle. NPCs, even if they were former PCs, are entirely the DM's perogative.
You sure you're not just saying that so Tor will have more healing available to him? :p

Manzanita

First Post
I think once a player goes AWOL, the fate of his character is in the hands of the DM. I wouldn't level the character, personally, as it would reward the player for not playing. But I suppose with sufficient in-game reasoning, you could. Whatever your decision, I think you're within your DM perogative to do whatever you see fit.

Patlin

Explorer
Dungannon said:
You sure you're not just saying that so Tor will have more healing available to him? :p

Actually, if your next encounter was based on our not leveling up, I said the opposite.

Since I don't know your plans, I think my objectivity is safe.

AndrewH.

First Post
Question about PC creation

Question: Can I use the Complete Arcane to make my PC's ?

AndrewH.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Patlin

Explorer
No, Living ENWorld uses a limitted subset of the available rules, mostly just the SRD. If you look around you can find an aproved content thread with some additional stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads