The Heroes of Axyr OCC [FULL]

Jarval

Explorer
DarkMaster said:
No problem. I really like the battle sorcerer, it is an arcane caster that can see some action even at low level.
Great :)

DarkMaster said:
One other thing you will get the Eschew Material feat for free at 1st and you can select a one hand exotic weapon as your weapon of choice (Bastard sword, dwarven war axe and orc double axe included).
Ah, very nifty, thanks :)

Jarval

Explorer
Here's my character. I'm still working on his background, but the stats should give you a bit of an idea of where I'm heading with Ivar.

Ivar Cadfael
Human Battle Sorcerer 2, CG

STR 14 (+2)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON 12 (+1)
INT 12 (+1)
WIS 10 (+0)
CHA 16 (+3)

Combat Stats:
Base Attack Bonus: +1
Melee: +3 [+1 BAB, +2 STR]
Ranged: +3 [+1 BAB, +2 DEX]
Hit Points: 15 [8 + 5 (levels) + 2 (CON)]
Armor Class: 16 [10 + 2 (DEX) + 4 (Chain Shirt)]
Initiative: +6 [+2 DEX, +4 Improved Initiative]
Movement Rate: 30 feet

Attacks per round:
Masterwork bastard sword (+4 to hit, 1d10+2 dmg (1d10+3 when used two-handed), Crit 20/x3)
Light crossbow (+3 to hit, 1d8 dmg, Crit 19-20/x2)

Armor:
Masterwork chain shirt (+4 AC, -1 armor penalty)

Saving Throws:
Fort: +1 [+0 base, +1 CON]
Ref: +5 [+2 base, +3 DEX]
Will: +2 [+0 base, +2 WIS]

Feats:
Eschew Materials (free Battle Sorcerer feat)
Combat Casting (1st level feat)
Improved Initiative (bonus human feat)

Skills:
Concentration +6 (5 ranks, +1 Con)
Intimidate +8 (5 ranks, +3 Cha)
Ride +4 (2.5 ranks, +2 Dex)
Spellcraft +5 (5 ranks, +0 Int)

Languages:
Axyrian, Mergovian.

Special Abilities:
Bonus skill point at every level (4 at 1st).
Bonus feat at 1st level.
Favored Class: Any.
No spell failure chance from light armor when casting battle sorcerer spells.
Proficient with bastard sword.

Spells:
Spells per day: 5/4
DCs: 13/14
Spells Known: 4/1
Cantrips: Disrupt Undead, Light, Mending, Ray of Frost.
Level 1: Burning Hands.

Equipment:
Backpack:
- Flint and steel
- Grappling Hook
- 50' Silk Rope
- Scroll of Enlarge
- Scroll of Magic Weapon
- 2 Sunrods
- Whetstone
Wearing / Carrying:
- Explorer's Outfit
- Masterwork chain shirt (250 AG)
- Masterwork bastard sword (385 AG)
- Light Crossbow
- 20 Crossbow bolts
- 2 Daggers
- 2 AG, 7 sp

Total Weight Carried: 55 lb
Load: Light

Current XP:
Current: 2,000
Next Level: 3,000

Light Warhorse: CR: 1; Size: L; Type: Magical Beast; HD: 3d8+9; hp 22; Init: +1; Spd: 60 ft; AC: 14 (flatfooted 13, touch 10); BAB/Grapple: +2/+9; Attk: Hoof +4 melee (1d4+3 dmg), Full attack 2 hooves +4 melee (1d4+3 dmg); SQ: Low-light vision, Scent; AL: N; Sv: Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; Str 16, Dex 13, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 6.
Skills: Listen +4, Spot +4.
Feats: Endurance, Run.

Carrying: Bit and bridle, Military saddle, Saddlebags: (80 crossbow bolts, 14 day's trail rations, 2 full waterskins, 7 day's feed, spade, tent). Total Weight: 179 lb.

Total Weight carried (including rider): 394 lb. Load: Medium

Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 160 lbs
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue

DarkMaster

First Post
Could you post it in the rogue gallery.

The saves are not good
Fort Ok
Ref base +0, Dex +2 = +2
Will Base +3, Wis +0,= +3

HP 14. I really have to check again the DMG3.5 to make sure that I am right about the even and odd improvement

As for your horse I guess you are using the sorcerer/wizard familiar option where you can replace your familiar by an animal compagnion using the druid table. Then you have to add the following abilities: Link and share spell. and the bonus trick in your case will be attack, since it's a light warhorse and the druid is only allowed horse(light or heavy) In that case the horse would be free if not already. If you prefer to have a normal light warhorse and a familiar later that is fine too.

Jarval

Explorer
DarkMaster said:
Could you post it in the rogue gallery.
Done.

DarkMaster said:
The saves are not good
Fort Ok
Ref base +0, Dex +2 = +2
Will Base +3, Wis +0,= +3
Fixed. Sorry about that, a copy-and-paste error from another character :/

DarkMaster said:
HP 14. I really have to check again the DMG3.5 to make sure that I am right about the even and odd improvement
Fixed.

DarkMaster said:
As for your horse I guess you are using the sorcerer/wizard familiar option where you can replace your familiar by an animal compagnion using the druid table. Then you have to add the following abilities: Link and share spell. and the bonus trick in your case will be attack, since it's a light warhorse and the druid is only allowed horse(light or heavy) In that case the horse would be free if not already. If you prefer to have a normal light warhorse and a familiar later that is fine too.
Huh, I hadn't thought of that. If that's OK with you, I'd really like to have the warhorse as Ivar's animal companion :)

wysiwyg

First Post
I've been following the heated discussion about the wimpy ranger. An idea that arouse is that favored enemy is not neccessarily someone that the ranger hates, as some one the ranger is most familiar with and as a result knows that race's weakpoints.

If that is the case, and seeing that we have not encountered any action as of yet, can I choose humans as favoured enemy instead of orc?

DarkMaster

First Post
yes and the ranger is not wimpy, it's one of my favorite class :)

The ranger/Barbarian in my table game campaing has human has favorite enemy.

The ranger is not the best fighter, but it is one of the most versatile character, good fighting skills, good skills, tracking (can be quite powerfull to track fleeing enemy, even underground), a bunch of other ability, 2 good saves. What more can you ask.

Because you are chaotic it could be possible for you to multiclass with barbarian that could reflect the dual nature of the character, father is Axyrian highly disciplined and the mother from Kroush completly wild and unpredictable.

If you are interested that is something we can discuss.

Staying straight Ranger has also some big advantages. up to you

Last edited:

Remove ads